Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
adeem
adeem
Registered Member

AWWWW SHIT Empty AWWWW SHIT

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 14:51
ILL MIND OF HOPSIN 5 IS ON THE FRONTPAGE OF REDDIT FUCKING TWICE!!!

http://www.reddit.com/

THIS ALONE WILL GIVE HIM LIKE A MILLION VIEWS Hopsin 5 Hopsin 5 Hopsin 5 Hopsin 5
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

AWWWW SHIT Empty Re: AWWWW SHIT

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 14:51
It will? WTF is reddit?
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 14:54
Reddit is like 4chan toned down. And millions of people go on it a day.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 14:56
NVM I checked it out. Hopsin is getting SHIT ON in the comments section of Reddit. The verbal minority is making a huge stink about this song. They are saying it's all been said before by better artists in more complex ways, but people are too stupid to catch on to it so Hopsin made a "mainstream version for the retards". Fuckin haters.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 14:59
41OMaXiMuS wrote:NVM I checked it out. Hopsin is getting SHIT ON in the comments section of Reddit. The verbal minority is making a huge stink about this song. They are saying it's all been said before by better artists in more complex ways, but people are too stupid to catch on to it so Hopsin made a "mainstream version for the retards". Fuckin haters.

Reddit is where many hipsters reside.
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 15:00
Whatever man, that's how trolls do. While those lame ass faggots are bashing hop, most of the people who are just chillin on the site will go "Oh shit this guys dope as fuck".
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 15:00
BabySmacker wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:NVM I checked it out. Hopsin is getting SHIT ON in the comments section of Reddit. The verbal minority is making a huge stink about this song. They are saying it's all been said before by better artists in more complex ways, but people are too stupid to catch on to it so Hopsin made a "mainstream version for the retards". Fuckin haters.

Yeah it seems liek a bunch of hipsters. And a TON of Kendrick Lamar dickriders.
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 15:01
BabySmacker wrote:

Reddit is also unfortunately the source of 4chans cancer. I just wish they could both stay seperate, the redditfags on 4chan are ridiculous.

For anyone that asks don't worry, I chill on /tv/, no /b/ shit for me Hopsin
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 15:13
"Having never heard of either Hopsin or Lamar before today I listened to both the song in the OP and Swimming Pools for the first time and I find myself preferring the song in the OP. Here are some of the reasons why.

Hopsins song is broadly applicable, swimming pools seems a lot more subjective, there is nothing wrong with that but not being invested enough in a singer to really care about his life being subjective is an instant turn off.

Hopsins song is a lot easier to follow. I can easily make out each lyric on a first listen, his diction is good, the music compliments rather than drowning out the lyrics. Swimming Pools, particularly on the chorus has music that drowns out the lyrics. Now I can see it was a stylistic choice, it adds to the sense of disorientation, and makes you feel like you are drowning along with Lamar himself. It is clever, well done and well executed but it comes at a cost in accessability. Hopsins makes me feel uncomfortable by pointing out the stupid things we all do, Lamar makes me feel uncomfortable just by sounding uncomfortable. Without that clarity of reason, the discomfort, even if it is more richly crafted, lacks impact. Again this come down to subjectivity, Lamar succeeds at making me feel how he feels, but not knowing him or being invested in him that doesn't matter to me. Hopsins makes me look at my own life, this makes it more immediate to me.

Lastly, Hopsins language is quick and clever, Lamars is deep and metaphorical. I like quick and clever. I find music that buries its meaning beneath metaphor and allegory a little indulgent a lot of the time, if a song is catchy it can get away with it, it can entertain with rhythm and rhyme long enough for you to get the deeper meaning. Again here however Hopsins comes out on top, the song is catchier.

And yeah, Hopsins does have that commercial, over-produced sound and that slightly quirky, offbeat sound that the likes of Eminem have conditioned us non-hip-hoppers to expect from our hip hop and I can see how that might grate against someone who loves hip hop in the same way as someone saying Linkin Park are a great rock band will grate against people who love rock but that is the strength and weakness of crossover artists. The stuff they take from outside their own genre is what makes them popular, to the people too invested in the genre itself that stuff just sounds wrong."

This was one of the only sensible comments I could find there.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 8:03
amongst many dickheads, you will find some good comments
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum