Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earl is black

+12
41OMaXiMuS
ƒμℵκ ♬`√Θ∫μmε
Lello
Stupified
Arkade
Perfect Stranger
adeem
2pfl
BabySmacker
STRANGEgenius
CHA53
gvg
16 posters
Go down
gvg
gvg
Registered Member

Earl is black  Empty Earl is black

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 4:16
He said he would release a track when he hit 50K followers and he did...here it is http://terttlefer.com/
CHA53
Registered Member

Earl is black  Empty Re: Earl is black

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 4:28
It was sub par tbh.. I thought he would have came back and been a ton better.
Anonymous

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 4:30
Can Earl count to 10 with his fingertips? SwizZz can, I bet Earl can't.

STEP YO GAME UP EARL-E!
gvg
gvg
Registered Member

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 4:43
Earl has that MF DOOM type sound where he's really monotone, but his lyrics speak for them self...i wish he had a more diverse flow..it would make him that much better.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 4:46
earl is back
earl is whack
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 4:47
ugh...i can't stand this fucking beat. it overlaps him way too much. i feel like i have to strain my ears to hear him...or i just have bad hearing.

regardless, i expected more from him. Earl has crazy potential. he just needs to part way with OF, imo
2pfl
2pfl
Registered Member

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 5:32
im pumped, this kid has so much potential. that song was fire. the beat was shitt but he probably just recorded over the first beat he heard.
2pfl
2pfl
Registered Member

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 5:34
and remeber that this is his FIRST song he has recorded in almost a year. can wait to hear what else he has coming. probably wrote the whole time he was over there.
adeem
adeem
Registered Member

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 6:02
he's also not in odd future anymore
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 6:58
adeem wrote:he's also not in odd future anymore

For serial? Or are you just fruitloopin' me lol...

I haven't heard any news, OF rhymes are alright but there beats are faaaaarrrkkking terrible..

Earl is tha only one who is really talented, he's tha lyricist.

Although, even though Tyler is sometimes shitty, some of his wordplay can be clever.

Still Hop is better than Tyler...

Glad Earl's back, he should part with OF and move on with like Tech N9ne or some shit, someone he can flow with.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 7:51
if Tech signs Earl ill slap him in the face.
Arkade
Arkade
Registered Member

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 8:04
OF wouldn't go with strange music lol, i think their signed to interscope anyways
Arkade
Arkade
Registered Member

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 8:04
and is this real? i can't see tyler tweeting anything about it
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 8:09
@Arkade Earl has tweeted stuff about him, Tyler's just up to his usual random shit on twitter.

Ok maybe not Tech but someone like him lol
Stupified
Stupified
Registered Member

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 8:12
Everytime I hear Earl I have to wash my ears out with some Hopsin. So monotonous and boring for a rapper with so much hype. Not to mention he's never rapped to a good beat. His fans constantly use that as an excuse for his weak shit, but IMO if you're a rapper you have just as much of a responsibility of using good tracks as your producer. Don't rap over a whack beat or you're settling for mediocrity.

Also his voice is hella annoying. Maybe it'll change as he gets older.
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 8:24
Stupified wrote:Everytime I hear Earl I have to wash my ears out with some Hopsin. So monotonous and boring for a rapper with so much hype. Not to mention he's never rapped to a good beat. His fans constantly use that as an excuse for his weak shit, but IMO if you're a rapper you have just as much of a responsibility of using good tracks as your producer. Don't rap over a whack beat or you're settling for mediocrity.

Also his voice is hella annoying. Maybe it'll change as he gets older.

Well, the guys not even 18, thats the excuse lol, his voice can be a lil childish and annoying, but yeah...
CHA53
Registered Member

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 14:25
Well, if he wouldn't be so monotone, and switched his flow and delivery up often, he'd be good... Also needs to get some better beats because every beat i hear him rapping on sounds wack as fuck and I don't even want to listen because of that.
Lello
Lello
Registered Member
http://forum.trshady.com

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 14:42
Did his mother order him to leave OF?
ƒμℵκ ♬`√Θ∫μmε
ƒμℵκ ♬`√Θ∫μmε
Registered Member

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 17:10
sense when does having a good beat have anything to do with your lyrics or being a good rapper? haterz
Stupified
Stupified
Registered Member

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 18:25
It means you have no ear for good music. Or else you do, but choose to settle for the first shitty beat that comes your way. I don't know which is worse.
ƒμℵκ ♬`√Θ∫μmε
ƒμℵκ ♬`√Θ∫μmε
Registered Member

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 18:48
Stupified wrote:It means you have no ear for good music. Or else you do, but choose to settle for the first shitty beat that comes your way. I don't know which is worse.

maybe you listen to mainstream to much? A beat is a beat the lyrics are the whole point of a song not the beat.. Some of the best rappers/lyricists out there rap on shitty beats? Its about the skill he has for his age lyrically not what hes got for an instrumental??
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 18:51
I think choosing your beat carefully is very important. Rapping on shitty beats shows a lack of true musical passion.
ƒμℵκ ♬`√Θ∫μmε
ƒμℵκ ♬`√Θ∫μmε
Registered Member

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 18:58
41OMaXiMuS wrote:I think choosing your beat carefully is very important. Rapping on shitty beats shows a lack of true musical passion.

yeah true thats a good point. in my opinion its more about finding rhythm and melody on the instrumental you are rapping on. Theirs obviously good rappers out there who don't have the opportunity to get good instrumentals or production in general doesn't mean they suck at rapping? In a fair perspective sense everyone is hating on OF, he just got back and he is just now truly becoming famous now hes actually in the hemisphere lol I'm sure with help from real producers and other rappers, on top of practice he will be a lot better depending on how his view to his career is in the future he has quite a buzz
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 19:03
ƒμℵκ ♬`√Θ∫μmε wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:I think choosing your beat carefully is very important. Rapping on shitty beats shows a lack of true musical passion.

yeah true thats a good point. in my opinion its more about finding rhythm and melody on the instrumental you are rapping on. Theirs obviously good rappers out there who don't have the opportunity to get good instrumentals or production in general doesn't mean they suck at rapping? In a fair perspective sense everyone is hating on OF, he just got back and he is just now truly becoming famous now hes actually in the hemisphere lol I'm sure with help from real producers and other rappers, on top of practice he will be a lot better depending on how his view to his career is in the future he has quite a buzz

No, beats don't make good rappers... but good rappers have a good ear for music and know how to pick a good beat. I have limited access to producers and all the beats I've rapped on are good... it's not hard to make a connection with someone decent, especially when you have a buzz like him.

Personally, I think the guy is overrated to the point of absurdity - there are so many better rappers on youtube alone. But that's just my opinion of course.
gvg
gvg
Registered Member

Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 21:03
Did anyone else notice my typo on the topic title...smh...LOL
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum