Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Gears Of War 3 sells 3 million copies Empty Gears Of War 3 sells 3 million copies

Thu 29 Sep 2011 - 13:44
Microsoft has revealed that Gears of War 3 sold over three million copies during its first week in stores.

In a new blog post, Larry Hryb (Major Nelson) announced the achievement.

"Following more than 22,000 midnight madness launch events, Microsoft and Epic Games today announced that the Xbox 360 exclusive sold more than three million copies in its first week since release," Hryb wrote.

This makes Gears of War 3 the biggest game of 2011, and also means that the Gears of War franchise has earned over one billion dollars in lifetime sales.

"In just one week, Gears 3 has already grossed more than any 2011 video game to date," Hryb added.

By comparison, Gears of War 2 sold two million copies in its first weekend.

Gears Of War 3 sells 3 million copies Gears-of-war-3-preorder-amazon1
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Gears Of War 3 sells 3 million copies Empty Re: Gears Of War 3 sells 3 million copies

Thu 29 Sep 2011 - 13:46
410MaXiMuS wrote:Microsoft has revealed that Gears of War 3 sold over three million copies during its first week in stores.

"Following more than 22,000 midnight madness launch events, Microsoft and Epic Games today announced that the Xbox 360 exclusive sold more than three million copies in its first week since release," Hryb wrote.

This makes Gears of War 3 the biggest game of 2011, and also means that the Gears of War franchise has earned over one billion dollars in lifetime sales.

"In just one week, Gears 3 has already grossed more than any 2011 video game to date," Hryb added.

I briefly played this at a friend's house. I loved it.

I really hope this game is the end, though. Also, please don't tell me the end. lol
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Gears Of War 3 sells 3 million copies Empty Re: Gears Of War 3 sells 3 million copies

Thu 29 Sep 2011 - 13:47
The first details about Gears of War 3's DLC have begun to emerge, suggesting what kind of packs are in the works.

As part of their Season Pass announcement last week, Epic revealed that there would be at least four DLC packs during the next year. Within the article, a picture of Michael Barrick, star of the Gears of War graphic novels, was also embedded.

In a post on NeoGAF, design director Cliff Bleszinski said future DLC "won't be the graphic novel, but it will have all new campaign content that doesn't have Marcus, Dom, Cole and Baird in it. Expect Barrick and more..."

Meanwhile, a video has surfaced on YouTube that may hint at new multiplayer content.

Over the weekend, YouTube user cubeenigma uploaded the following video, revealing unused maps shown on the game's leaderboards:

The maps Azura, Blood Drive and Rustlung appear, but are not currently available in the game. It's not immediately clear whether these are test maps or if they'll be available later, but they could hint at future multiplayer DLC.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Thu 29 Sep 2011 - 13:48
iH3artSatan666 wrote:
410MaXiMuS wrote:Microsoft has revealed that Gears of War 3 sold over three million copies during its first week in stores.

I really hope this game is the end, though. Also, please don't tell me the end. lol

lol I wouldn't ruin the ending for you. The big spoiler is half way through the game tho, not the ending.

tbh I hope they make more Gears games, like a prequel... but I doubt it Crying
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Thu 29 Sep 2011 - 13:50
410MaXiMuS wrote:
iH3artSatan666 wrote:

lol I wouldn't ruin the ending for you. The big spoiler is half way through the game tho, not the ending.

tbh I hope they make more Gears games, like a prequel... but I doubt it Crying

A prequel sounds like a good idea.

And yeah, I heard it was. I need that game. lol
KingFlow
KingFlow
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/kingflowproductions

Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 18:49
I was one of the buyers in the first weak, game is amazing, game of the decade.
Anonymous

Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 19:24
Damn man that's crazy!
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 19:27
KingFlow wrote:I was one of the buyers in the first weak, game is amazing, game of the decade.

Yeah it's amazing. Horde mode is digital crack.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum