Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JohnnyRottenSeed
JohnnyRottenSeed
Registered Member

HOPSIN "MESSIAH" OF HIP-HOP??? Empty HOPSIN "MESSIAH" OF HIP-HOP???

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 20:33
we've sat nearly a decade in our hip-hop dens waiting for an artist as lyrical, exciting, relatable, funny, controversial and cartoony as eminem was when he first dropped the slim shady lp

of course when a grass-roots artist comes with even a glimmer of light in this materialistic fake over-produced boring industry of washups, we are quick to give praise

hopsin the savior of hip-hop

but there is still so much to be skeptical about

1. He's 26 years old (we shouldn't hold this against him, but how does he embody the youth spirit and talk about the content he does)

2. he's only been rapping/recording for a few years. (what the hell was he doing all those other years)

3. his background (although we should not expect a rapper to have a hard upbringing, there is a red flag when considering he was on "thats so raven" and everything that goes with it, talent agencies, being driven to auditions, money etc. even the fact he was signed to ruthless took string pulling and money)

4. he's from L.A. near hollywood (where all the bullshit comes from)

5. doesn't do drugs (has he never done drugs? it's a little lame)

6. ben 10, joker, tranformer posters (again he's 26 wtf, i could only imagine if i still lived in my moms house at 26 let alone, those posters, joker is played out, transformers is hollywood garbage, ben 10 is a bad post millenia cartoon"

7. lil wayne is dope (why would he lump him with the others, a good lyricists would not lump lil wayne with soulja boy)

the dude is a nasty rapper. and appears to be a candidate to be the "lucky savior" from all this illumanatic washedup industry bullshit aka whack gimmicks over "techno beats"

but it's too early to tell

Anonymous

HOPSIN "MESSIAH" OF HIP-HOP??? Empty Re: HOPSIN "MESSIAH" OF HIP-HOP???

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 20:58
Lil Wayne is dope? Lolwut?

Hop would of had more exposure if it wasn't for those fucks at Ruthless.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 20:59
I would have to say I disagree with everything in this post and I think all of those points are well... pointless. No offense.
Anonymous

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 21:01
Hop just has way too much swag in his room for one hardcore fan to handle.
Anonymous

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 21:02
ClapYo! wrote:Hop just has way too much swag in his room for one hardcore fan to handle.

LOL LOL
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 21:07
im LOL'ing hard as fuck, holding not doing drugs against him?

is this real life?

thats great that he doesn't do drugs or drinks.
Anonymous

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 21:16
being an addict is a good thing? am i reading this right??
JoshE35
JoshE35
Registered Member

Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 16:19
1. Hopsin "Messiah" of hip hop?? HAHAHAHAHA dudes ill one of the best at the moment but he's got a long way before he can be called "Messiah".
2.My brother has'nt recorded anything yet and he's been rapping sense he was 12. He's 19 now. just because you don't release anything doesnt mean you are'nt perfecting your craft.
3.Secondly age doesnt mean anything when talking about being a voice in youth. It all depends on if you strike a nerve with there parents with what you say and how you sound.
4. A good artist is a good artist regardless of his background.
5. See 3
6. I don't do drugs either are you calling me lame? jk. What does this have to do with rapping exactly??
7. Maybe he's a geek. again what does being a geek have to do with rapping?
8. Lil Waynes not dope. PERIOD.

I now have a question for you. are you 13? a troll? or listen to hip hop music in the underground that often? not trying to be an Asshole just curious If you're serious you are probably an odd future fan too. But I could be wrong
steelie
steelie
Registered Member

Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 17:15
Obvious troll is Obvious
Anonymous

Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 0:19
JoshE35 wrote:1. Hopsin "Messiah" of hip hop?? HAHAHAHAHA dudes ill one of the best at the moment but he's got a long way before he can be called "Messiah".
2.My brother has'nt recorded anything yet and he's been rapping sense he was 12. He's 19 now. just because you don't release anything doesnt mean you are'nt perfecting your craft.
3.Secondly age doesnt mean anything when talking about being a voice in youth. It all depends on if you strike a nerve with there parents with what you say and how you sound.
5. See 3
6. I don't do drugs either are you calling me lame? jk. What does this have to do with rapping exactly??

I now have a question for you. are you 13? a troll? or listen to hip hop music in the underground that often? not trying to be an Asshole just curious If you're serious you are probably an odd future fan too. But I could be wrong

Word to this.
JohnnyRottenSeed
JohnnyRottenSeed
Registered Member

Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 1:27
JoshE35 wrote:1. Hopsin "Messiah" of hip hop?? HAHAHAHAHA dudes ill one of the best at the moment but he's got a long way before he can be called "Messiah".
5. See 3

he's a dope rapper and he has this pop effect that i haven't seen in a long time- obvi not yet the messiah of hip-hop, but is a self-procalimed savior and has that savior potential

did'nt intend this to be a trolling message, despite my interest there is a few things i'm skeptical about
- (i think they're fair questions)

You DON'T NEED TO DO DRUGS, but acknowledging the climate of the culture while growing up in america and especially in a creative industry/environment, it kind of goes hand in hand (being creative, generally makes you feel like an outcast...leads to this stuff) Not doing drugs is not a criticism but more of a skepticism.

I like the fact he's proud to be a nerd, but I said specifically, BEN 10 (bad Post millenia cartoon) transformers (overproduced hollywood garbage) and joker (kinda played) are again something to be skeptical about, it's not like he has hip-hop posters or even video game posters, these are shitty pop posters

lil wayne- (I don't understand how you didn't like the "drought 3" when it came out) he has bad singles and some bad albums but has some great innovative hip-hop

I didn't write the list as criticisms to hold against him. More stuff I'm skeptical about (forget blind faith- we can be skeptics)

JoshE35
JoshE35
Registered Member

Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 2:05
Okay I think I missed your point the first time. I took it as you were holding those things against them. Being skeptical is fine though I disagrea with the certain things your skeptical about I know understand.

All you need to be a geek though is an overfascination with a certain subject. For Example everyone here likes rap music but the difference between people who listen to rap music and people who are geeky because they like rap music (sort of like the people on this site) is we take it more seriously. And it looks as though, even if its pop culture, that Hopsin is geeky for showing those posters.

By the way I love the Joker but you're right, references to him are played out. But that doesnt mean you can't be a fan of something thats played out.

The Lil Wayne thing I said was just to be a prick, although I honestly believe hes below average as an Emcee and I dont like to listen to him, hes certainly not the worst. I'm just sick of hearing him cause the only rappers my friends listen to are Lil Wayne or Eminem (sometimes jay Z).
Matt Meyer
Matt Meyer
Registered Member

Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 6:54
1. this is most likely a troll
2.i'll cary on anyway....
3. "a couple years"?? he's been at it for nearly ten years. was putting shit togeter in the early 2000's
4. not doing drugs is a very good quality. solber rappers make better music. idc what anyone says.
5. lol idiot he made his room like that just for the music video. look in the sag my pants, or blood energy potion vids. his room is normal in those.
6. hopsin isn't "living with his parents" perse. he pays all the house bills. if anything they are living with him.
7. he didnt grow up in the fuckin hood but he didnt have an "easy" childhood. and he got a taste of poverty on ruthless when he was nearly homeless.
8. LOLWUT!! LIL WAYNE IS TRASH!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum