Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JohnnyRottenSeed
JohnnyRottenSeed
Registered Member

Get Ready For "Knock Maddness" Empty Get Ready For "Knock Maddness"

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 19:10
It's going to be a highly anticipated album, considering his recent success with "ill mind 4" and the long wait till 2012.

A few questions come to mind.

Will hopsin be able to make a cross-over pop-hit?
his success will be contingent on this. Although hopsin has an underground sound/style, you could tell he is really going for mainstream pop success. (what would this sound like?) "sag my pants" although good, is way too much of an eminem gimmick

Is this a movie or an album? or Both

the movie is a cool concept, i love independent editing

Will this be a major label record?
maybe he'll get signed by then, but he probably wont need to

What's hopsin going to rap about?
he kind of backs himself into a corner, he can't talk about (drugs, girls, money) and he can't just be a hater.

What do you guys think of the name "Knock Madness"?
it doesn't really jump out at me

ill mind 4 really ignited alot of interest in hopsin, i personally think he nailed it,
but i'm a little skeptical about whether he can maintain a buzz and evolve more as an artist, having a new sound, lyrical style

check my knock maddness preview rap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwutMrFh4Xk

Anonymous

Get Ready For "Knock Maddness" Empty Re: Get Ready For "Knock Maddness"

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 19:14
I think it's a dope album name, we really don't know much behind the name, maybe Hop will go into more details around the release of a single for the album. I'm sure he can pull of another comedy/goofy single like Sag My Pants..possibly even bette than that.

Anonymous

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 19:16
hell yeah!

and i'm not sure if he'll get signed before the release of the album. a lot of hype is behind him right now, i can smell another classic (yes, i call RAW a classic imo).
Anonymous

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 19:19
Regardless if he get's signed or not, I sure the album will do good for the amount of hype around him right now.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 19:34
I think Knock Madness is a disgusting album name and his success is already a sure thing in my eyes. He already made $50,000 off of RAW and you know Knock Madness is gonna sell a shitload more than that thanks to Ill Mind 4. Whether he gets signed or not, he's gonna have enough compensation to live a good life and continue touring and making more music.
Anonymous

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 19:38
410MaXiMuS wrote:I think Knock Madness is a disgusting album name and his success is already a sure thing in my eyes. He already made $50,000 off of RAW and you know Knock Madness is gonna sell a shitload more than that thanks to Ill Mind 4. Whether he gets signed or not, he's gonna have enough compensation to live a good life and continue touring and making more music.

isn't Knock Madness some album/film type project?
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 19:45
Dat MC wrote:
410MaXiMuS wrote:I think Knock Madness is a disgusting album name and his success is already a sure thing in my eyes. He already made $50,000 off of RAW and you know Knock Madness is gonna sell a shitload more than that thanks to Ill Mind 4. Whether he gets signed or not, he's gonna have enough compensation to live a good life and continue touring and making more music.

No. I don't know what that guy is talking about. From Hopsins own mouth, it is "a cd full of just ARGGGHH... like, beats knocking hard and just lyrical madness nonstop". He said nothing about it being a film project.
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 20:20
Im most concerned about the subject matter for this album, is it gonna be another "angry" album or will it be something different?

maybe this album will show his growth as an artist and show him maturing?

Someone needs to interview this man and find out his plans for the album lol.
Anonymous

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 20:24
liftthat wrote:
Someone needs to interview this man and find out his plans for the album lol.

Exactly this. Though I'm sure he could get a radio interview no problem. He might be keeping it under wraps for now. Sad
Tariq
Tariq
Registered Member

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 20:33
Yeah it sucks, the last I heard it is supposed to drop January 2012
JohnnyRottenSeed
JohnnyRottenSeed
Registered Member

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 20:35
Tariq wrote:Yeah it sucks, the last I heard it is supposed to drop January 2012

yeah, but thats the trick build the anticipation, and come out with a dope product, we don't get that alot anymore
JohnnyRottenSeed
JohnnyRottenSeed
Registered Member

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 20:44
410MaXiMuS wrote:
Dat MC wrote:

No. I don't know what that guy is talking about. From Hopsins own mouth, it is "a cd full of just ARGGGHH... like, beats knocking hard and just lyrical madness nonstop". He said nothing about it being a film project.

i read it a few places about a film, this is the tweet
http://twitter.com/#!/hopsin/status/53690226001969152
Tariq
Tariq
Registered Member

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 20:50
Maybe those were the original plans for it? I have no idea but he hasn't spoke of a movie about it recently, just an album.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 20:50
He was interviewed about the album like 3 times lol. They are on youtube, thats how I found them. He said he is not angry like he was for RAW, so Knock Madness will reflect this. He won't be mentioning Ruthless Records anymore or anything like that. He said he has new experiences and feelings to express but it's not going to have the same feeling as Raw. He did go on to say that you shouldn't be turned off by this and he promises he's not changing his style.

Last edited by 410MaXiMuS on Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 20:52; edited 1 time in total
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 20:52
JohnnyRottenSeed wrote:
410MaXiMuS wrote:
Dat MC wrote:

i read it a few places about a film, this is the tweet
http://twitter.com/#!/hopsin/status/53690226001969152

He's talking about the promo video for the album. It's going to be his most cinematic music video and its to promote the album
Frankie
Administrator
https://twitter.com/HopsinForums

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 20:52
410MaXiMuS wrote:He did go on to say that you shouldn't be turned off by this and he promises he's not changing his style.

Many have promised this. Crying

On the real though, I highly doubt he'd go all out and change his style of music. I'll take his word for it.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 20:54
Frankie wrote:
410MaXiMuS wrote:He did go on to say that you shouldn't be turned off by this and he promises he's not changing his style.

Many have promised this. Crying

On the real though, I highly doubt he'd go all out and change his style of music. I'll take his word for it.

Yeah, I was a little worried when he said that... but I don't think he would betray his fanbase like that... well, not yet anyway lol.
Anonymous

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 20:56
@Frankie so true, I agree also with 410. If he did plan to "sell out", which I highly doubt he'd do, he wouldn't do it now...not at this time in his career.
Matt Meyer
Matt Meyer
Registered Member

Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 1:59
idk if your thinking about "bomb the world" when you are refering to the film part, becasue i don't recall hopsin ever saying this is gunna be some sort of film. its just an album. an album that will be fucking killer
Anonymous

Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 7:07
My brain is full of fuck right now. Is it a album-type/film project? I guess we'll have to wait and see!
Anonymous

Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 8:57
PopSon wrote:My brain is full of fuck right now. Is it a album-type/film project? I guess we'll have to wait and see!

I think it's just going to be a music video-type film for a single on Knock Madness or something.
steelie
steelie
Registered Member

Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 12:31
I remember hop saying he's gonna try live life for a while before releasing it so he has more stuff to rap about for knock madness, hopefully gonna get some more deep shit from him
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum