Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you start listening to Hopsin?

+28
rollin4em
Frankie
deaneedog
Stupified
Shadizz
Lello
IVIS187
VomitUrSoul
nikesonmyfeet95
bumshiv
Matt Meyer
IVIurphY
LiquidDookie87
Skafs
liftthat
GangusKahn
JohnnyRottenSeed
Nevermind
Fitzyy
AwesomeMan0710
Higher Living
ThatGuy
Wight
STRANGEgenius
Arkade
Kamikaze
BabySmacker
whufcwesthamunited
32 posters
Go down
whufcwesthamunited
Registered Member

How did you start listening to Hopsin? Empty How did you start listening to Hopsin?

Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 13:42
Hi everyone. This is my first post (I just signed up after Hop promoted this page on Facebook).

Anyway, I was wondering how/when you all found out about him in the first place?

I found out about him in January when I was on Yahoo Answers and asked 'Who are some good, up and coming rappers?'. In January, Hopsin was not that well known at all. He had about 8000 Facebook likes (well, that is what I remember anyway). Some guy on yahoo answers sent me about 5 songs by Hopsin (I can't remember which ones they were however I can vaguely remember him posting 'How you like me now', 'Sag my pants' and 'kill her'. When I first listened to them I didn't think that much of him (because I kind of just listened to his flow and beat and did not really digest his lyrics). I then went on holiday for a week and listened to his songs non stop on a 10 hour aeroplane journey. At this point I started to fall in love with him and for some reason I really like 'Pans in the kitchen'. I then saw that he was on tinychat one day and I did not really know what tinychat was. But then realised I was talking to him live in person and this really made me connect with him. I turned from just an ordinary fan, to someone who really admires him as a person as well as a rapper!

So what is your story?
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

How did you start listening to Hopsin? Empty Re: How did you start listening to Hopsin?

Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 13:48
Back in June, I think?

I was with my girlfriend and her friend and her boyfriend, half asleep. They were playin' music, and "Baby's Daddy" came on. I loved the shit out of it. Kinda forgot about it, though. I remembered due to seeing something on someone's wall. Just been a pretty big fan since.

yeah, i know, i'm late. lol
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Registered Member

How did you start listening to Hopsin? Empty Re: How did you start listening to Hopsin?

Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 13:51
thanks to TECH N9NE i found my new favourite rapper
Arkade
Arkade
Registered Member

Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 14:05
May 2010 on a 4chan thread
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 14:09
my cousin introduced me to Tech N9ne.
then he found MOTHERFUCKER on youtube (back in jan/feb 2010)
we watched it and from then i love him :)
Wight
Registered Member

Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 14:53
saw him on vash12349's profile. ahah. best thumbnail ever
ThatGuy
ThatGuy
Registered Member

Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 15:19
It was back in November when I first heard Sag My Pants because a friend liked it on youtube. At first I didn't really like it but after I listened to some of his other stuff I just couldn't stop listening
Higher Living
Higher Living
Registered Member

Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 15:28
He was coming to my town to be part of a hip hop festival, and I was really digging all 6's and 7's when I recognized his name on the track and realized that he could spit... So I went ahead and picked up some of his solo work. Now he is one of my favorite artists, consuming the majority of my playtime.
AwesomeMan0710
AwesomeMan0710
Registered Member

Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 15:56
Ill Mind 4 is the first time i heard about hop, was interested right away.
Fitzyy
Fitzyy
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/fitzyybeatz

Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 17:23
I heard of Hopsin about a year ago when my mate sent me a link to sag my pants.

After I heard that, I knew he was gonna be big! and been listenin ever since
Nevermind
Nevermind
Registered Member

Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 19:08
I heard few of his songs back in April but didn't pay much attention to be honest. Then I stumbled across Ill Mind Of Hopsin 4 and Am I Psycho back in early August and gave them a proper listen. After that I checked out the rest of his material and really liked it.
JohnnyRottenSeed
JohnnyRottenSeed
Registered Member

Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 19:15
when the "kill" video was featured on hip-hop DX (February) because he dissed eazy's mom,
didn't like it too much but it had a "second wave horror core" feel
"
checked out the other shit and flipped,, started textin everyone

I said this guys gonna be huge and loved the coherent reinvented 90's feel it had

people doubted me and I doubted it for a second too, than ill mind 4 dropped, and i was like see i told you so

GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gangu5Kahn?feature=mhee

Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 19:48
WSHH when they posted Sag My Pants
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 20:43
GangusKahn wrote:WSHH when they posted Sag My Pants

this
Anonymous

Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 23:51
Fitzyy wrote:I heard of Hopsin about a year ago when my mate sent me a link to sag my pants.

After I heard that, I knew he was gonna be big! and been listenin ever since

Ditto. Thumbs Up
Anonymous

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 0:41
Sag My Pants is where it all started tbh.
Skafs
Registered Member

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 0:53
A mate played it for me, and since then I've been addicted to his sound.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 1:09
i was a huge Hop fan before SAG MY PANTS.
but it took me 3-4 months just to listen to that song :P
LiquidDookie87
LiquidDookie87
Registered Member

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 1:13
Saw a picture of him on a forum.. thought he looked weird, asked who it was and the dude told me it was Hopsin - a rapper. YouTube'd him and listened to Ill Mind 4 and went out and got Raw and Gazing at the Moonlight. Been a fan since.
IVIurphY
IVIurphY
Registered Member

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 2:13
Someone mentioned him on TR shady a long time ago, so i youtube'd him n listened to the first verse of nocturnal rainbows then i immediately told my friend to type it in, listened to the rest of the song, then got raw, been addicted ever since Music
Matt Meyer
Matt Meyer
Registered Member

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 4:41
like around the time he released haywire (just a little bit after it came out)
saw him somewhere online... might have been therealtechn9ne.com
bumshiv
bumshiv
Registered Member

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 6:13
I heard bout him when sag my pants came out. Found out bout it from TRshady (forum)
nikesonmyfeet95
nikesonmyfeet95
Registered Member

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 6:20
October 2010. Sag My Pants was on TRShady or whatever that forum is. I don't go there now because I'm not much of an Eminem fan anymore.
Anonymous

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 6:32
nikesonmyfeet95 wrote:October 2010. Sag My Pants was on TRShady or whatever that forum is. I don't go there now because I'm not much of an Eminem fan anymore.

Nice man, well, uhm, welcome to the forums anyway! Stick around. Big Grin
nikesonmyfeet95
nikesonmyfeet95
Registered Member

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 6:34
Lube wrote:
nikesonmyfeet95 wrote:October 2010. Sag My Pants was on TRShady or whatever that forum is. I don't go there now because I'm not much of an Eminem fan anymore.

Nice man, well, uhm, welcome to the forums anyway! Stick around. Big Grin
I'll try. Can't promise much, but yeah.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum