Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Rakim working on new album Empty Rakim working on new album

Thu 22 Aug 2013 - 4:34
"I'm working on an album right now. It feels good. I feel like I had a lot of responsibilities with the last album with everything that was going on and being the album was so late. I still felt like I had that responsibility to let out what was going on the last few years. With The Seventh Seal, it was a conscious album, and the album I'm working on now, I can have fun in the studio and do good hip-hop songs, so I'm kind of having fun with this one. I'm only a few songs deep. I'm reaching out to a bunch of producers. I just got in touch with a lot cats and we trying to get the chemistry together and whip up something nice that's a bit Rakim and that's somewhat today and again, it's just some good hip-hop music. We also working on a couple of anniversary albums to put out [some] of the old music that made me who I am today.
"I like to kind of keep it a secret [who I'm working with] because you never know-I might do twenty songs and pick fifteen. At the same time, it's good that people know what I'm doing. I'm speaking with people like Pharrell. Of course, some of the old cats that I was dealing with on the old records-Premier-and some of the new cats that's doing they thing. I want to make sure that the album is me, but it has that 2013 - 2017 feel.
"[Who I'd like to work with is] a big list because I never work with a lot of people. I was always by myself in the studio. I did very few collaborations as well. When me and Eric was coming up, it was a different time. Each group kind of did their own production and years later, people started venturing out. There's a lot of people as far as producers. Timbaland, I always would love to work with him. He's a real talented cat. There's a lot of MC's out there that I respect. You never know-you might find a couple of those collabos that I've been meaning to do on this album."

Full article: http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2013/08/rakim-taps-dj-premier-and-pharrell-for-new-album-says-he-doesnt-speak-with-eric-b/
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Rakim working on new album Empty Re: Rakim working on new album

Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 4:14
No 1 curr bout Ra no mo'
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 4:16
"Microphone Fiend" > yo Momma.
King
King
Registered Member

Sun 25 Aug 2013 - 3:50
Cool, Timbaland can push him as far as the modern instrumentals and premo can drop them classics.
I hope he follows through with the album.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum