Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About Hopsin "Retiring"

+7
BeAn
41OMaXiMuS
Mark us
BitchNigga
AlwaysRaw
Chokey
King
11 posters
Go down
King
King
Registered Member

About Hopsin "Retiring" Empty About Hopsin "Retiring"

Mon 19 Aug 2013 - 1:17
 Hopsin: im not really retiring. im just gonna go live life and focus on other goals i got for myself. im still gonna be doing music, but after KM, it wont be my priority as a human being to be a rapper. i will always have a studio in my house and i will always be making music. i just wont always be putting stuff out publicly.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

About Hopsin "Retiring" Empty Re: About Hopsin "Retiring"

Mon 19 Aug 2013 - 1:30
we'll see when the sales from KM and the touring starts how much he'll love the money. he'll love it so much that he will make so much shitty music after that i am ready to jizz myself in the mouth.
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Mon 19 Aug 2013 - 2:06
Is music even his main priority now?
haha I'm kidding, no one freak out. It's good that Hopsin won't be rushing things later and we will hopefully have enough Hopsin to already keep us entertained.
BitchNigga
BitchNigga
Registered Member

Mon 19 Aug 2013 - 4:10
Hopsin is retarded fag who doesn't know his left from his right. Someone point out to me where the kendrick lamar stan line begins. I'm tryin to get on that wagon before its full. #fuckhopsin #sitdownwhenarealniggatalkin
Mark us
Mark us
Registered Member

Mon 19 Aug 2013 - 10:48
AlwaysRaw wrote:Is music even his main priority now?
I thought the same. Hopsin 3
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Mon 19 Aug 2013 - 14:28
Mark us wrote:
AlwaysRaw wrote:Is music even his main priority now?
I thought the same. Hopsin 3
Yeah, this was definitely my 1st thought as well.
BeAn
Registered Member

Mon 19 Aug 2013 - 19:03
It's probably a good thing now fans won't rush him or complain because hes not releasing music. Honestly you should not rush art regardless of the platform.
iSigh
iSigh
Registered Member

Mon 19 Aug 2013 - 19:40
He doesn't have enough money to retire
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Mon 19 Aug 2013 - 20:01
iSigh wrote:He doesn't have enough money to retire
Let's say he has around $300k... that seems like a reasonable amount for him to have accrued, right?

Even spending only $20k a year (pretty much the very minimum amount required to survive semi-comfortably) he's only gonna last 15 years.

So at this point it's literally impossible for Hopsin to retire without a stream of ongoing income (assuming he doesn't have more than $300k).
King
King
Registered Member

Mon 19 Aug 2013 - 23:56
I think Hopsin is just saying this so fans can't give him shit about releasing music and so he could do stuff whenever he feels like without it being expected.. much won't change.
iSigh
iSigh
Registered Member

Tue 20 Aug 2013 - 0:19
King wrote:I think Hopsin is just saying this so fans can't give him shit about releasing music and so he could do stuff whenever he feels like without it being expected.. much won't change.
I can't speak for everyone one of his fans, but I wouldn't have been as annoyed about him taking his sweet ass time with Knock Madness if he didn't make it seem like it was coming in 2011.

@Maximus, yea I don't think FV is lucrative enough with out him being in the public eye for him to just live off his company.
King
King
Registered Member

Tue 20 Aug 2013 - 4:05
iSigh wrote:
King wrote:I think Hopsin is just saying this so fans can't give him shit about releasing music and so he could do stuff whenever he feels like without it being expected.. much won't change.
I can't speak for everyone one of his fans, but I wouldn't have been as annoyed about him taking his sweet ass time with Knock Madness if he didn't make it seem like it was coming in 2011.
Yea that is exactly why Hopsin is doing this, he thinks people will stop being annoyed if he stops promoting what he releases.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Tue 20 Aug 2013 - 5:08
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
Let's say he has around $300k... that seems like a reasonable amount for him to have accrued, right?

Even spending only $20k a year (pretty much the very minimum amount required to survive semi-comfortably) he's only gonna last 15 years.

So at this point it's literally impossible for Hopsin to retire without a stream of ongoing income (assuming he doesn't have more than $300k).
True, but if Hop does in fact move to Australia, he'd still make profits of off Funk Volume as a whole. He would make money off of Dizzy, SwizZz (Only a little bit), Jarren, and the other possible FV artist/artists that will be on the label in the future. Hopsin won't have to worry about money for a long time even if he only releases one song a year.
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member
http://www.infgang.com

Tue 20 Aug 2013 - 7:31
41OMaXiMuS wrote:Let's say he has around $300k... 
Hopsin 3
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Tue 20 Aug 2013 - 16:00
Buddie wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

True, but if Hop does in fact move to Australia, he'd still make profits of off Funk Volume as a whole. He would make money off of Dizzy, SwizZz (Only a little bit), Jarren, and the other possible FV artist/artists that will be on the label in the future. Hopsin won't have to worry about money for a long time even if he only releases one song a year.
You're probably right. I wonder what % of profit he gets from those guys.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Tue 20 Aug 2013 - 19:23
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
Buddie wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

You're probably right. I wonder what % of profit he gets from those guys.
I'm sure Dame and Hop split a certain percentage of all the profits including merch and CD purchases. They probably split the money just like Travis and Tech do with Strange Music.
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member
http://www.infgang.com

Tue 20 Aug 2013 - 23:36
Last i heard was that the extra money goes right back into FV. They are still in the early stages of building the label and need to build up funds in order to get things like: tour bus, FV studio, clothing and CD creation, etc. Strange Music spent years building up everything they now own so that their profits are probably much higher than they would have been in the past.
whufcwesthamunited
Registered Member

Wed 21 Aug 2013 - 18:24
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

Passive income. 

And he can still find silly little ways of making money like putting out some silly video of him on youtube (similar to those vine ones) and when it gets a certain number of views, he will make a certain amount of money per viewing. He will find other little marketing tricks to make cash (eg his skateboarding app).
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 21 Aug 2013 - 22:34
They are still in the process of beefing up FV.
FV is worth a lot right now, just not enough to go all out yet.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum