Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Frankie
Administrator
https://twitter.com/HopsinForums

Anthony Fantano "Ill Mind of Hopsin 6" Track Review Empty Anthony Fantano "Ill Mind of Hopsin 6" Track Review

Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 16:12

"GIMME BACK MAH HOMEAAYYYE!" Jay-Z
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Anthony Fantano "Ill Mind of Hopsin 6" Track Review Empty Re: Anthony Fantano "Ill Mind of Hopsin 6" Track Review

Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 16:42
Review is on point. I agree with everything he said, 100%. 

Fantano still wack as fuck tho Kanye Shrug
BitchNigga
BitchNigga
Registered Member

Anthony Fantano "Ill Mind of Hopsin 6" Track Review Empty Re: Anthony Fantano "Ill Mind of Hopsin 6" Track Review

Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 17:18
i like the gimme back my homie part tho lol.
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 17:34
Maybe Anthony should do a cover of the whole song.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 23:24
I like this dude. I usually agree with his reviews and I agree 100% with this one. Ill Mind 6 was just too generic, he needed to go in more detail in order to draw the listener in. It wasn't bad, but it was his worst Ill Mind to date (Not counting Ill Mind 2 lol)
semaj116
Registered Member

Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 3:19
Honestly, technical ability aside Hopsin just isn't a very intelligent dude. He's no Lupe or Kendrick who have the ability analyse their surroundings and break down the root cause of a problem. Hopsin just looks at something and says "THAT'S BAD BECAUSE X". A prime example of this is Nocturnal Rainbows. That song is so fucking overrated, I can't listen to it. Hopsin even said on tinychat ages ago that he was just kinda talking out his ass and he doesn't pay attention to politics. If you're going to make a political song, you should probably know a thing or two about politics. On that note, if he's making the move to socially "conscious" rap he should pick up a fucking book once in a while. He said he even prefers books with pictures because he never reads books. The motherfucker is just unintelligent. Talented, skilled? yup. Intelligent and aware? Nope.

That being said I still think he's a smart guy, just lacks analytic ability and overall social awareness.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 3:35
semaj116 wrote:Honestly, technical ability aside Hopsin just isn't a very intelligent dude. He's no Lupe or Kendrick who have the ability analyse their surroundings and break down the root cause of a problem. Hopsin just looks at something and says "THAT'S BAD BECAUSE X". A prime example of this is Nocturnal Rainbows. That song is so fucking overrated, I can't listen to it. Hopsin even said on tinychat ages ago that he was just kinda talking out his ass and he doesn't pay attention to politics. If you're going to make a political song, you should probably know a thing or two about politics. On that note, if he's making the move to socially "conscious" rap he should pick up a fucking book once in a while. He said he even prefers books with pictures because he never reads books. The motherfucker is just unintelligent. Talented, skilled? yup. Intelligent and aware? Nope.

That being said I still think he's a smart guy, just lacks analytic ability and overall social awareness.

I agree. He is gifted at making music. However I think people overrate his technical ability. Aside from some great multis at the end of each bar, there isn't anything else he does that's special. He's great at spitting raw emotion and has a ridiculously appealing flow which, I think, has gotten him so far.
BitchNigga
BitchNigga
Registered Member

Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 5:01
Who are these people saying hopsin has "technical ability"? From the very first time I heard hopsin I knew  his technique was average. But that's not why I listen to him. He's extremely entertaining, brings passion in all of his songs and has one of the nicest flows out there right now. Id rather listen rappers with those qualities than boring ass earl who just talks on a lame beat bout bullshit.People need to stop making hopsin out to be something he isn't.

There's also more to hiphop music than "technical ability".
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 10:43
Jeet wrote:
semaj116 wrote:Honestly, technical ability aside Hopsin just isn't a very intelligent dude. He's no Lupe or Kendrick who have the ability analyse their surroundings and break down the root cause of a problem. Hopsin just looks at something and says "THAT'S BAD BECAUSE X". A prime example of this is Nocturnal Rainbows. That song is so fucking overrated, I can't listen to it. Hopsin even said on tinychat ages ago that he was just kinda talking out his ass and he doesn't pay attention to politics. If you're going to make a political song, you should probably know a thing or two about politics. On that note, if he's making the move to socially "conscious" rap he should pick up a fucking book once in a while. He said he even prefers books with pictures because he never reads books. The motherfucker is just unintelligent. Talented, skilled? yup. Intelligent and aware? Nope.

I agree. He is gifted at making music. However I think people overrate his technical ability. Aside from some great multis at the end of each bar, there isn't anything else he does that's special. He's great at spitting raw emotion and has a ridiculously appealing flow which, I think, has gotten him so far.

I wanna add more to this but this pretty much was what I wanted to say.
Props lads Thumbs Up
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 19:07
BitchNigga wrote:There's also more to hiphop music than "technical ability".
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 21:14
Coolguy 127 wrote:
BitchNigga wrote:There's also more to hiphop music than "technical ability".
This. There are plenty of rappers who are great in a technical aspect, but suck as far as being entertaining or being able to grasp their listener's attention.
King
King
Registered Member

Fri 26 Jul 2013 - 3:07

That's the realest thing you ever wrote.
Respect forever.

I think his fanbase overrates his content and context yet don't his acknowledge his technical ability as much, this is so contradicting to me. "Hopsin speaks the realest shit" NO. Hopsin is a good rapper technically and has a shitload of potential, that is why I like him as a rapper apart from the fact he has charisma and the fact that his music is 100% him and no one else. Hopsin is VERY smart, if he were to be more open minded and tried to be more aware of life analytically and then went on to incorporate that in his music, he would be very much ahead of himself.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum