Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yeezus: Is kanyes album really that bad?

+14
BitchNigga
fxtdiilz
Buddie
STRANGEgenius
Coolguy 127
Essence
Frankie
Chokey
semaj116
Spanky
Jeet
liftthat
King
18 posters
Go down
King
King
Registered Member

Yeezus: Is kanyes album really that bad? Empty Yeezus: Is kanyes album really that bad?

Sat 15 Jun 2013 - 5:39
Today two of my friends just randomly told me that Kanyes new album sucked and if I heard it. I see loads of people online saying it's the worst album he put out.

Even Hopsin and Dame said it sucks and dame goes easy on everything..

https://www.facebook.com/dame.funkvolume/posts/4919169257462

http://instagram.com/p/ajxUJ1n9SQ/

I did not hear it and can't find a decent stream, so is this really kanyes worst?
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Yeezus: Is kanyes album really that bad? Empty Re: Yeezus: Is kanyes album really that bad?

Sat 15 Jun 2013 - 6:04
Haven't listened to it yet, but I've read a few things tbh.

From what I've seen, Kanye went pretty left field with the album, I asked what the album sounded like genre wise to a group of my interweb peers....got a different response from everyone lma0 (2 answers I received: electro-screamo & electronic-punk. I even heard there's some dancehall in it) . Sounds like the album is really genre blending, pushing boundaries, something Kanye is famous for. Basing this off what I've heard & read, I don't think your average hip hop fan is gonna like the album, I think more music fans (people who listen to various genres, familiar with all the different sounds, atmospheres, etc) are gonna fuck with the album.

I can't wait to hear it tbh, patiently waiting for when it goes up on iTunes so I can listen & have a proper opinion of it.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Yeezus: Is kanyes album really that bad? Empty Re: Yeezus: Is kanyes album really that bad?

Sat 15 Jun 2013 - 6:18
liftthat wrote:Sounds like the album is really genre blending, pushing boundaries, something Kanye is famous for. Basing this off what I've heard & read, I don't think your average hip hop fan is gonna like the album, I think more music fans (people who listen to various genres, familiar with all the different sounds, atmospheres, etc) are gonna fuck with the album.
This.

I don't think it's a classic, but it could be revolutionary. I personally enjoyed it a lot, it's very left field like liftthat said.
Spanky
Spanky
Registered Member

Sat 15 Jun 2013 - 8:27
He has his championship albums 
Yeezus: Is kanyes album really that bad? Screen11
Registered Member

Sat 15 Jun 2013 - 9:06
It'll take some time for some people to get their heads around this but this album is dope af.
semaj116
Registered Member

Sat 15 Jun 2013 - 13:52
PUT MY FIST IN HER LIKE A CIVIL RIGHTS SIGN

Anyway, I'm really liking the album. Only 10 tracks long, but it's pretty intense. Last song on it is great, goes back to classic Kanye. I think Hopsin's Instagram post was making fun of everyone in Instagram posting pictures of empty CD cases claiming they had Kanye's CD early though. I can see why he might not like it though.

ALSO song with Chief Keef is actually fucking great. Not what you'd expect at all.

Last edited by semaj116 on Sat 15 Jun 2013 - 13:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 3hunna bangbang)
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sat 15 Jun 2013 - 16:55
well the collab album with jay-z sucked dick imo and that was "so great" according to hiphopfaggotz everywhere. So this must be a good album. will listen it through later2day
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sat 15 Jun 2013 - 17:33
I understand why his usual "fans" dont like this. Daft Punk produced some of the songs and I really looked forward to this album after I heard that. After graduation kanye has not been someone I looked forward to releasing a new album. The first track on the album "on sight" (by Daft Punk) is far from the usual kanye crap. But it should not be the first track. I love Daft Punk and this is a typical Daft Punk beat. Kanye killed it but I did not like it as much as I wanted to. Still the song is my fav on the album.
the collab with Chief Keef was the one on the album I was looking most forward to. But wtf! Keef made a serious song and it actually worked. wtf. Kanye needs a reward for this. The track is pretty good.
But a song "Blood on the leaves" (sampled from strange fruit i think - which also is in the background) is hard to take serious when he uses autotune throughout the whole song. Im sure its deep and shit but Kanye needs to fuck off with that autotune if he makes serious songs. 

The album is good. But only 1 or 2 of the songs will maybe go on my Ipod. But he mix genres and this album is so different from the usual ones in mainstream. I like this Kanye. Album gets 6/10. Too many songs where the beat is just to weird for me.
Frankie
Administrator
https://twitter.com/HopsinForums

Sun 16 Jun 2013 - 0:27
liftthat wrote:Sounds like the album is really genre blending, pushing boundaries, something Kanye is famous for. Basing this off what I've heard & read, I don't think your average hip hop fan is gonna like the album, I think more music fans (people who listen to various genres, familiar with all the different sounds, atmospheres, etc) are gonna fuck with the album.

Really well said, man.

I'm enjoying the album. Black Skinhead is probably my favourite track on the album at the moment... I really dig the sound this one has.
King
King
Registered Member

Sun 16 Jun 2013 - 2:15
Just listened to it.. It sounds like hes reaching for a new genre,
I like it but then again I see how this would not appeal to most hiphop fans as he lacks the description of a "good rapper" and fits in more as a "musical artist" in this.

It's not close to his best stuff but it's not bad at all, people just got what they're not used to, this kind of vibe and style.
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Sun 16 Jun 2013 - 3:14
http://instagram.com/p/ajxAF2n9Rx/

This made me crack up
Spanky
Spanky
Registered Member

Sun 16 Jun 2013 - 3:27
Essence wrote:http://instagram.com/p/ajxAF2n9Rx/

This made me crack up
We've already established this.
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Sun 16 Jun 2013 - 3:37
Spanky wrote:

This made me crack up
We've already established this.
AMazing, fuck...

Last edited by Essence on Sun 16 Jun 2013 - 21:29; edited 1 time in total
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sun 16 Jun 2013 - 13:13
I dont get what hop wants in hip hop. This is far better than Kanye's shitty stuff with Jay-Z. This is so much better than his shit since 07. Hop's opinion in hip hop is:

good: yelawolf, dizzy, swizzz & jarren + mgk

bad: everyone else
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Sun 16 Jun 2013 - 18:13

This made me crack up
Yeezus: Is kanyes album really that bad? Happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-l
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Sun 16 Jun 2013 - 21:34
Chokey wrote:I dont get what hop wants in hip hop. This is far better than Kanye's shitty stuff with Jay-Z. This is so much better than his shit since 07. Hop's opinion in hip hop is:

good: yelawolf, dizzy, swizzz & jarren + mgk

bad: everyone else
Yep. I'm pretty sure Hop hates the album for a stupid reason. He's kinda close minded too. In interviews he's saying the only nigga killin it outside of FV is Yelawolf
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 16 Jun 2013 - 22:02
i enjoyed it.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sun 16 Jun 2013 - 22:35
I wouldn't say the album is bad, but it's definitely not great. Very mediocre lyrics throughout the entire album. The only great thing about it is the production which was very well put together.
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Sun 16 Jun 2013 - 22:46
Buddie wrote:I wouldn't say the album is bad, but it's definitely not great. Very mediocre lyrics throughout the entire album. The only great thing about it is the production which was very well put together.

agreed
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Sun 16 Jun 2013 - 23:07
Buddie wrote:I wouldn't say the album is bad, but it's definitely not great. Very mediocre lyrics throughout the entire album. The only great thing about it is the production which was very well put together.
Are you saying you're listening to a Kanye album for the lyrics? Lol
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sun 16 Jun 2013 - 23:09
Jeet wrote:
Are you saying you're listening to a Kanye album for the lyrics? Lol

That's true, but these lyrics are way too mediocre for me personally.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Mon 17 Jun 2013 - 9:24
"i keep it 300, like romans"

this line pissed me off for some reason.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Tue 18 Jun 2013 - 6:12
h8ers pls  Other 1

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/18172-kanye-west-yeezus/
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Tue 18 Jun 2013 - 19:25
Jeeth8ers pls  

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/18172-kanye-west-yeezus/

This website ranks it on par with GKMC Bullshit!
It's no 9.5 it's like an 8
BitchNigga
BitchNigga
Registered Member

Tue 18 Jun 2013 - 19:56
So an album of a wack MC with no flow and shitty lyrics rapping over skrillex beats is considered "revolutionary"? No wonder they say hiphop is dead.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum