Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

New song "Feelings" - Dilz Empty New song "Feelings" - Dilz

Sat 18 May 2013 - 0:27
This is a song I made at the start of the year and was actually my second song I ever released but I didn't like it so I took it down and recently decided to try and touch it up, improve the lyrics, flow and delivery and this is how it turned out. It's a song talking about my feelings while trying to make it as a rapper.
Please have a listen and comment your thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1mRqIlq0PQ
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

New song "Feelings" - Dilz Empty Re: New song "Feelings" - Dilz

Sat 18 May 2013 - 1:15
Prolly one of your better songs.
Your rhymes are tight as hell, gave it a like.
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Sat 18 May 2013 - 5:41
Perfect Stranger wrote:Prolly one of your better songs.
Your rhymes are tight as hell, gave it a like.

thank you bro
semaj116
Registered Member

Sat 18 May 2013 - 14:23
Okay, I feel like you're grasping for something deep to talk about that isn't really there. Like, okay, we get it, you're bummed that no one's checking your music, fair enough but no one wants to listen to a song about you complaining about it for three minutes. I feel the same with a lot of your subject matter to be honest. I don't mean to hate but you're asking for feedback and this is just my opinion. There's a difference between being introspective and deep and being whiny, soft and complaining. But that's just how I feel dude, keep at it.

Last edited by semaj116 on Sat 18 May 2013 - 14:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : a word)
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Sun 19 May 2013 - 2:27
semaj116 wrote:Okay, I feel like you're grasping for something deep to talk about that isn't really there. Like, okay, we get it, you're bummed that no one's checking your music, fair enough but no one wants to listen to a song about you complaining about it for three minutes. I feel the same with a lot of your subject matter to be honest. I don't mean to hate but you're asking for feedback and this is just my opinion. There's a difference between being introspective and deep and being whiny, soft and complaining. But that's just how I feel dude, keep at it.

yup thats your opinion. my songs are about domestic violence, suicide, teen pregnancy, self harm, drugs, drink driving.. im rapping that real talk with a message that means something, you don't wanna listen to real shit thats your choice but im not just gonna start rapping bout bitches, cars, money and whatever else. saying my subject matter is complaining and whiny is just pathetic imo
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Sun 19 May 2013 - 3:22
I agree with Semaj.
I can relate to the subject of this song, but you aren't doing so bad in terms of having your music noticed.
I don't want you too turn into another Macklemore type rapper who just does positive messages, I think you can be more versatile than that, like I think you should rap about your life as well.
Like that song about your Uncle, the lyrics were good because it was about something you have first hand experienced and I'm sure people who've lost family members can relate.
semaj116
Registered Member

Sun 19 May 2013 - 3:36
Perfect Stranger wrote:I agree with Semaj.
I can relate to the subject of this song, but you aren't doing so bad in terms of having your music noticed.
I don't want you too turn into another Macklemore type rapper who just does positive messages, I think you can be more versatile than that, like I think you should rap about your life as well.
Like that song about your Uncle, the lyrics were good because it was about something you have first hand experienced and I'm sure people who've lost family members can relate.

Exactly, when dilz is rapping about "DAT REAL HIPHOP" most of the time he's talking from an outsiders perspective, and his thought process on the matter is really simple and flat. Kind of negates the message of the song if you explore the subject matter in such a simple way. BUT, that can be developed. Pick up a book or something, idk. Expand your vocab etc. Just because it's providing YOUR (simple ass) insight on "real subject matter" doesn't mean that it's "real shit",and it certainly doesn't make the music good. Like honesty, you named this song "Feelings"... really? And dude come ON, don't say I don't wanna listen to "real shit", no bro i just want to listen to "good shit". Honestly you need to take constructive criticism better dude.
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Sun 19 May 2013 - 8:55

Yea, I have this mixtape that I'm working on called "Better Days to Come" which is all my soft, meaningful songs and shit.. then I have another mixtape I'm working on too called "The Other Side" which is obviously the other side of my rapping and on it I have a sag my pants remix, no apologies remix, dark songs bout killing, random songs.. all that shit. I just gotta get this first mixtape out the way first
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Sun 19 May 2013 - 14:58
fxtdiilz wrote:Yea, I have this mixtape that I'm working on called "Better Days to Come" which is all my soft, meaningful songs and shit.. then I have another mixtape I'm working on too called "The Other Side" which is obviously the other side of my rapping and on it I have a sag my pants remix, no apologies remix, dark songs bout killing, random songs.. all that shit. I just gotta get this first mixtape out the way first
I think, next time when you're releasing an album or mixtape, you should mix stuff up a bit, you know?
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Sun 19 May 2013 - 22:45
Coolguy 127 wrote:
fxtdiilz wrote:Yea, I have this mixtape that I'm working on called "Better Days to Come" which is all my soft, meaningful songs and shit.. then I have another mixtape I'm working on too called "The Other Side" which is obviously the other side of my rapping and on it I have a sag my pants remix, no apologies remix, dark songs bout killing, random songs.. all that shit. I just gotta get this first mixtape out the way first
I think, next time when you're releasing an album or mixtape, you should mix stuff up a bit, you know?

you I know bro I feel you but I had already made so many soft songs I thought fuck i might as well chuck them all together lol
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Mon 20 May 2013 - 6:37
Coolguy 127 wrote:

Agreed.
I understand what you're getting at Dilz, but you've got too mix it up if you want good continuity and replay value.
For example, look at the Blackstar album, Mos Def & Talib are pretty conscious rappers but they had the ability to change it up so it wasn't social commentary over and over again.
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Thu 23 May 2013 - 3:14
semaj116 wrote:

Exactly, when dilz is rapping about "DAT REAL HIPHOP" most of the time he's talking from an outsiders perspective, and his thought process on the matter is really simple and flat. Kind of negates the message of the song if you explore the subject matter in such a simple way. BUT, that can be developed. Pick up a book or something, idk. Expand your vocab etc. Just because it's providing YOUR (simple ass) insight on "real subject matter" doesn't mean that it's "real shit",and it certainly doesn't make the music good. Like honesty, you named this song "Feelings"... really? And dude come ON, don't say I don't wanna listen to "real shit", no bro i just want to listen to "good shit". Honestly you need to take constructive criticism better dude.

I want to know how you would know if im rapping from an outsiders perspective or not? you don't have the slightest idea so why the fuck would you say anything?
first verse of my song better days to come i rap about drugs. a majority of my family do drugs, my uncle was a heroin addict which is probably the reason why he made the decision that took his life. 2nd verse is talking about teen pregnancy. my cousin has just turned 17 and also just had her 2nd fucking kid. 3rd verse i talk directly about my mate getting killed due to drink driving.

me talking about domestic violence. My 17 year old cousin i mentioned has a boyfriend that beats her, im the one that has to stick up for her against him. My 45 year old aunty had a 40 year old bikey boyfriend. He attacked her in my eyes trying to choke her, while protecting her I broke my hand? so I think I have the rights and the insight to mention domestic abuse in my songs.

Being a white boy in a small town with not the best comunity i get a lot of shit from the maoris around here for trying to make it as a rapper. \

just because i dont directly speak about shit doesnt mean im not being real so shut the fuck up
semaj116
Registered Member

Thu 23 May 2013 - 12:14
fxtdiilz wrote:
semaj116 wrote:

I want to know how you would know if im rapping from an outsiders perspective or not? you don't have the slightest idea so why the fuck would you say anything?
first verse of my song better days to come i rap about drugs. a majority of my family do drugs, my uncle was a heroin addict which is probably the reason why he made the decision that took his life. 2nd verse is talking about teen pregnancy. my cousin has just turned 17 and also just had her 2nd fucking kid. 3rd verse i talk directly about my mate getting killed due to drink driving.

me talking about domestic violence. My 17 year old cousin i mentioned has a boyfriend that beats her, im the one that has to stick up for her against him. My 45 year old aunty had a 40 year old bikey boyfriend. He attacked her in my eyes trying to choke her, while protecting her I broke my hand? so I think I have the rights and the insight to mention domestic abuse in my songs.

Being a white boy in a small town with not the best comunity i get a lot of shit from the maoris around here for trying to make it as a rapper. \

just because i dont directly speak about shit doesnt mean im not being real so shut the fuck up

Fair call, how was I supposed to know. Still stand by what I said though, if that's how you come off to somebody who is listening (like you did to me) you probably aren't as engaging as you could be considering you obviously have the experience. Work on that, also your voice and delivery is something you should really work on. A rappers voice is a lot of what attracts listeners, like it or not. That's why Rick Ross gets away with being lyrically weaaaak. But yeah, I still really stand by what I said about the criticism, I was making valid points on what I had heard and you have a little go at me, lmao. Just trying to help considering you post every fucking song you upload and complain when no one comments on them
dcan
dcan
Registered Member
https://www.facebook.com/dcanhiphophttp://www.twitter.com/dcanhiphop

Thu 23 May 2013 - 14:57
dilz is the man. It's cool you have a positive message. You keep doing your thing man and make sure to always take criticism with a grain of salt!
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Fri 24 May 2013 - 10:49
fxtdiilz wrote:
semaj116 wrote:

I know your comment was mainly directed at Semaj, but if it was also directed at me...
I wasn't saying that you didn't have any experience, and like Semaj reiterated, I just wasn't sure how you were going about it.
I admire your work, man. Don't get me wrong, but I was just saying don't limit yourself.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum