Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
King
King
Registered Member

Dizzy Wright's XXL Bio/Interview Profile Empty Dizzy Wright's XXL Bio/Interview Profile

Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 5:39
Dizzy Wright's XXL Bio/Interview Profile Hector_Rene_6

It was crazy because I was going kind of hard to get the fans to vote because I wasn’t sure. I hadn’t got the call yet. Last year, my boy Hop was on it. We found out kind of early for him. I didn’t get the call so I was really going hard, just in case I wasn’t. But, I am glad I did. I was happy as fuck.

I mean, there’s no hip-hop culture in Vegas. So, I am really like creating that culture and opening the doors for other Vegas artists. I just feel blessed. I feel like it is another small win. I definitely feel like I deserve it. I put in definitely, like, four or five years of consistent work. I am just happy to be here. I feel like I spoke this into existence.

The whole year was pretty much dedicated to the fans. I got signed to Funk Volume in November of 2011. My manager, Dame, just told me: “You put in the work. They’ll respond. The shit is dope. You’ll be able to get in front of the people to try and win them over.”

That’s how I pretty much started. I did three tours last year and all over the world. Just really focused on them fans and they responded really well. It’s crazy.

I know I was doing our thing and I knew that I was putting in the work, but I didn’t know if they saw me. I know I don’t have a hit record, but I got that groundwork. So, I really threw it out there early [to be an XXL Freshmen] for the fans to really let them know that I wanted it. If it came down to us voting, you mutherfuckas better have my back.

I am definitely in Hop’s corner, 100 percent. My success is going to be official to everybody in our label... Continued at source-> http://www.xxlmag.com/2013-freshmen/dizzy-wright/
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum