Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Feedback for my live performance? Empty Feedback for my live performance?

Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 3:46
Performed my song "runaway love" at a foodbank concert, also my mate Henare asked to help out so i let him jump up and do it with me lol. Feedback?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT39uJVTGSY
Spanky
Spanky
Registered Member

Feedback for my live performance? Empty Re: Feedback for my live performance?

Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 3:48
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up nice man
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 3:57
Spanky wrote: Thumbs Up Thumbs Up nice man

thank you lol, any feedback?
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 4:43
Must be nice having a friend who wants to support you while your up there. That was a pretty nice performance. (Assuming you're new to this) Approximately how much people were there? How much live performances have you done? I think there were enough people for you to go stage diving. You should've stage dived, this was the perfect song for it. You know what's also funny. When people are doing a live performance at my school. 90% of the time the instrumental is always wrong. Like one time this senior was performing a rap and the beat was supposed to start after he said a line or something and when the instrumental started it was some pop shit, I don't know what song it's from but it was pop for sure. It was fucking hilarious cuz' he stilled rapped over it, and in the middle of his song he stopped and asked if the beat could be changed to the one he had chosen. Must've been so awkward. LOL
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 5:04
Coolguy 127 wrote:Must be nice having a friend who wants to support you while your up there. That was a pretty nice performance. (Assuming you're new to this) Approximately how much people were there? How much live performances have you done? I think there were enough people for you to go stage diving. You should've stage dived, this was the perfect song for it. You know what's also funny. When people are doing a live performance at my school. 90% of the time the instrumental is always wrong. Like one time this senior was performing a rap and the beat was supposed to start after he said a line or something and when the instrumental started it was some pop shit, I don't know what song it's from but it was pop for sure. It was fucking hilarious cuz' he stilled rapped over it, and in the middle of his song he stopped and asked if the beat could be changed to the one he had chosen. Must've been so awkward. LOL

Yea definitely gave me more confidence while i was up there. Yea this was my first performance, i've done a couple just infront of family and friends at our parties but yea this was my first real audience. I think there was probably 200 or more people in the crowd, but definitely would not of stage dived with this song haha, i want to stage dive one day so bad lol. haha yea I was real paranoid about the mics being off, the instrumental being wrong or starting not at the start.. just a whole bunch of shit lol. Would've been funny to watch him attempt it over another beat lol. Thanks for the feedback btw bro
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 5:14
np
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 10:03
I'm actually pretty impressed by this, it's probably one of the better songs you've written.
The thing is, your voice can be quite monotone at times - something I have a similar problem with - but not only that was you were kind of moving a few a paces and barely using the space you had on the stage, which in turn made the performance less powerful than it potentially could've been.

Also, when I perform, I'm quite different to when I record - because it doesn't capture the same emotion as a live performance - so always remember to be passionate and keep it consistent even if you're struggling to remember lyrics or whatever is distracting you.

I still liked this, especially since it was your first real performance, but just remember to be conscious of over exaggerating things - you may feel stupid but the people in the audience won't see it that way.
Spanky
Spanky
Registered Member

Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 12:50
Perfect Stranger wrote:I'm actually pretty impressed by this, it's probably one of the better songs you've written.
The thing is, your voice can be quite monotone at times - something I have a similar problem with - but not only that was you were kind of moving a few a paces and barely using the space you had on the stage, which in turn made the performance less powerful than it potentially could've been.

Also, when I perform, I'm quite different to when I record - because it doesn't capture the same emotion as a live performance - so always remember to be passionate and keep it consistent even if you're struggling to remember lyrics or whatever is distracting you.

I still liked this, especially since it was your first real performance, but just remember to be conscious of over exaggerating things - you may feel stupid but the people in the audience won't see it that way.
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 18:38
Perfect Stranger wrote:you were kind of moving a few a paces and barely using the space you had on the stage, which in turn made the performance less powerful than it potentially could've been.

Yah I was gonna say that.
King
King
Registered Member

Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 19:17
You perform this song better live, take this as a compliment.

When Hopsin first started performing he did not have the same energy on stage as he does now, since he has a strong fan base and has been doing it for a while he has more confidence. I would recommend starting calm and get a little more active slowly, this way you'll get used to it a lot easier and it will come naturally.
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 20:51
Thank you everyone for the feedback :) haha dont fully understand how so many people are commenting on this thread but no one commented on my thread about the song originally but oh well lol. I know i dont have the most energetic stage presence in this but first thing, i tried to keep to the half of the side i was on instead of jumping in my mates way, i was nervous as fuck it being my first proper performance and the song doesnt really suit having a whole bunch of energy. I just wanted people to focus on the lyrics and not what i was doing. but thanks guys i appreciate the feedback SwizZz 4

Also i think this sounds better live because the recorded version is from my shit studio set up and then the guy who mixed and mastered did a bit of a weird job with it but i couldnt complain cus he's the only one i know who can help me out with that stuff
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 1:15
fxtdiilz wrote:Thank you everyone for the feedback :) haha dont fully understand how so many people are commenting on this thread but no one commented on my thread about the song originally but oh well lol. I know i dont have the most energetic stage presence in this but first thing, i tried to keep to the half of the side i was on instead of jumping in my mates way, i was nervous as fuck it being my first proper performance and the song doesnt really suit having a whole bunch of energy. I just wanted people to focus on the lyrics and not what i was doing. but thanks guys i appreciate the feedback SwizZz 4

Also i think this sounds better live because the recorded version is from my shit studio set up and then the guy who mixed and mastered did a bit of a weird job with it but i couldnt complain cus he's the only one i know who can help me out with that stuff

That's true, but you still need to exaggerate your movements even more.
You did good, bro, don't worry, but just be aware of that.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum