Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
gibbystites
gibbystites
Registered Member
https://facebook.com/GibbyStites

New Gibby Stites Music Video (Feedback Needed) Empty New Gibby Stites Music Video (Feedback Needed)

Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 0:15
My new music video just dropped for a song off my debut album (Gillmatic) called "Aint That Some Shit?". I made the song about 6 months ago, but I just dropped it recently, I need feedback guys! Any kind of feedback, good or bad, but just do me a favor and if you hate it/dislike it don't just be a dick about, tell me why you hate it and what I should work on so I can try to do better next time around.
PS I'm looking for feedback mainly on the song, not really the video because I didn't film or edit that.
Thanks to everyone who checks it out and I hope you enjoy!
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

New Gibby Stites Music Video (Feedback Needed) Empty Re: New Gibby Stites Music Video (Feedback Needed)

Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 0:56
The chorus is pretty good man! But I think it would be best if you changed up your subject matter a little bit. When you're just starting out, I would stay away from saying the word "haters" in any of your music. You should also not say that you have critics. I'd wait until you at least have a decent enough fan base until you talk about critics. If you changed the content of this song then it would easily be a lot better IMO. Personally, I just hate when up and coming rappers talk about their haters and it turns me off as a fan.

With that being said though, you have a lot of promise. Just keep working at it and don't slack off one bit! This song isn't bad at all. Keep at it son!
gibbystites
gibbystites
Registered Member

New Gibby Stites Music Video (Feedback Needed) Empty Re: New Gibby Stites Music Video (Feedback Needed)

Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 1:00
Buddie wrote:The chorus is pretty good man! But I think it would be best if you changed up your subject matter a little bit. When you're just starting out, I would stay away from saying the word "haters" in any of your music. You should also not say that you have critics. I'd wait until you at least have a decent enough fan base until you talk about critics. If you changed the content of this song then it would easily be a lot better IMO. Personally, I just hate when up and coming rappers talk about their haters and it turns me off as a fan.

With that being said though, you have a lot of promise. Just keep working at it and don't slack off one bit! This song isn't bad at all. Keep at it son!

Ya know homie that is a great point you just made! I kinda realized that myself not too long after making this song, but it was already on an album so I just kept it lol. I often let the 3 or 4 critics/haters I do have make me feel like I have hundreds, when clearly, I don't lmao. Thanks for the opinion, and I'll definately take that advice and steer clear of mentioning things like that in my upcoming songs.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 1:02
gibbystites wrote:
Buddie wrote:The chorus is pretty good man! But I think it would be best if you changed up your subject matter a little bit. When you're just starting out, I would stay away from saying the word "haters" in any of your music. You should also not say that you have critics. I'd wait until you at least have a decent enough fan base until you talk about critics. If you changed the content of this song then it would easily be a lot better IMO. Personally, I just hate when up and coming rappers talk about their haters and it turns me off as a fan.

Ya know homie that is a great point you just made! I kinda realized that myself not too long after making this song, but it was already on an album so I just kept it lol. I often let the 3 or 4 critics/haters I do have make me feel like I have hundreds, when clearly, I don't lmao. Thanks for the opinion, and I'll definately take that advice and steer clear of mentioning things like that in my upcoming songs.

No problem man! If you ever need any help in the future just message me!
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 2:15
Gillmatic? Really? But pretty good song, man. I feel as though better production would've done it more justice, but the rhymes were tight.
gibbystites
gibbystites
Registered Member

Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 2:19
Jeet wrote:Gillmatic? Really? But pretty good song, man. I feel as though better production would've done it more justice, but the rhymes were tight.
Yes, Gillmatic, lol. Once again, something I thought was okay 6 months ago but wouldn't repeat if I had the chance to go back now. But thanks for the feedback, I got the beat for free from a friend, couldn't really afford to buy any but now that I know Myfunkvolume.com has $7 beats I won't have that problem again ^.^
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 2:30
gibbystites wrote:
Jeet wrote:Gillmatic? Really? But pretty good song, man. I feel as though better production would've done it more justice, but the rhymes were tight.
Yes, Gillmatic, lol. Once again, something I thought was okay 6 months ago but wouldn't repeat if I had the chance to go back now. But thanks for the feedback, I got the beat for free from a friend, couldn't really afford to buy any but now that I know Myfunkvolume.com has $7 beats I won't have that problem again ^.^

You should definitely change the name man! It's not too late! Make it something original and get a fresher looking cover.
gibbystites
gibbystites
Registered Member

Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 2:35
Buddie wrote:
gibbystites wrote:

You should definitely change the name man! It's not too late! Make it something original and get a fresher looking cover.

Bro, this album dropped 6 months ago, it's on iTunes Amazon and almost all other online stores, I've sold over 60 hard copies around my town, it's definately too late to change anything about that album lmao. Its all good tho, I've been working on new shit, I got a free mixtape dropping on 12.12.12 so yall can get an up-to-date listen on my music. Better beats, better lyrics, more diverse subject matters, better album cover/title, the whole 9. I'll be posting the first music video off that here in about a month. The only reason I even got a video made for this song was because I needed at least one promotional video for that project, now I can be on to bigger and better things.
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 2:55
Gibbystitties?
gibbystites
gibbystites
Registered Member

Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 3:06
Emblem wrote:Gibbystitties?

LMAO you were on the tinychat that night?? I was fuckin' dying when Hop said that
EDIT: Or did you just come up with that on your own? lolol
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 3:13
gibbystites wrote:
Buddie wrote:
gibbystites wrote:

Bro, this album dropped 6 months ago, it's on iTunes Amazon and almost all other online stores, I've sold over 60 hard copies around my town, it's definately too late to change anything about that album lmao. Its all good tho, I've been working on new shit, I got a free mixtape dropping on 12.12.12 so yall can get an up-to-date listen on my music. Better beats, better lyrics, more diverse subject matters, better album cover/title, the whole 9. I'll be posting the first music video off that here in about a month. The only reason I even got a video made for this song was because I needed at least one promotional video for that project, now I can be on to bigger and better things.

Lol I thought this wasyour first single before you released the album haha
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Fri 16 Nov 2012 - 2:00
Dope. Keep this shit up.
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Tue 27 Nov 2012 - 10:56
This shit is mean.
Your voice suits your style so much, the lyrics were really well delivered and the production was decent.
Also, the video was pretty dope too.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum