Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Registered Member

Life Is Good vs Good Kid MAAD City Empty Life Is Good vs Good Kid MAAD City

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 12:58
These are 2 highly touted albums, which in my opinion are in the running for album of the year....So which album is better in each aspect?

Lyrics
Delivery
Production
Subject Matter
Storytelling
Overall

My opinion:

Lyrics: I think Nas handles this pretty easily, it is Nas after all lol. His rhyme schemes on this album put him above Kendrick. Not saying that Kendrick doesn't deliver with lyrics though, because he really surprised me. Kendrick delivers more in imagery and subject matter whereas Nas hits you with some raw lyrics we are used to.

Life Is Good - 8/10
GKMC - 6.5/10

Delivery: Again have to hand this one to Nas, his delivery is flawless as usual. Kendrick still comes off as a bit boring, but I did enjoy Kendrick more on this album.

Nas - 10/10
Kendrick - 7/10

Production: First win for Kendrick here, one thing I found was lacking on Life Is Good was the production, the first few beats kind of sound the same in some aspects, Nas flows over them well but better beat selection would have put Life Is Good way over the top for me. GKMC though had beats that fit the album perfectly, he was telling his story and the production helped him in that aspect, it just went smoothly.

GKMC - 8/10
Life Is Good - 6.5/10

Subject Matter: This one is tough and very hard to judge. Nas goes on a variety of different subjects here about his life now, daughter, marriage, hood life, etc... Kendrick does tend to have some variety but the main aspects of the album are going into his life, the whole album is basically a story being told and focuses on that point. We have all heard the stories from countless rappers about hood life, but Kendrick does it in a somewhat fresh way that pulls you into his story.

Life Is Good - 8/10
GKMC - 8/10

Storytelling: This one has to go to Kendrick, because that's what his album is based on, he's telling a story through each track. Nas does some storytelling in his album but not enough to really give him an edge in this category.

GKMC - 9/10
Life Is Good - 6/10

Overall: I can't say which album I like better overall lol. I definitely like one album over the other but for certain reasons. If I want lyrics and delivery of course I'm going to choose Life Is Good, it's Nas still doing his thing after 20 years and amazing to hear. Kendrick's album though overall is just more enjoyable, the way it flows together from track to track delivering his message the way he wanted it to be. Visualizing a story and putting it together, pulling the listener into his world.

GKMC - 8/10
Life Is Good - 8/10

Now post your opinions, which album do you think is better in each aspect?

(Don't go bashing opinions lol. Debate people)
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Life Is Good vs Good Kid MAAD City Empty Re: Life Is Good vs Good Kid MAAD City

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 13:11
Strong thread.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 15:52
Life Is Good was trash in my opinion.The beats were all bad and his flow was the exact same for every single track.To put it short, it really dissapointed me.He still had lyrics but it wasnt enjoyable music at all.Only song I liked on it was Daughters.On the other hand GKMC was top notch from start to finish besides for maybe "Real" and "Now Or Never".GKMC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Life Is Good.Not even a contest.
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 20:18
gkmc tbh
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 20:53
I still gotta listen to to Life is Good tbh.

I've never found Kendrick to be boring, though.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 21:24
BabySmacker wrote:I still gotta listen to to Life is Good tbh.

I've never found Kendrick to be boring, though.
I would suggest you just not waste your time, but It's your choice.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 22:21
anthonyFv wrote:Life Is Good was trash in my opinion.The beats were all bad and his flow was the exact same for every single track.To put it short, it really dissapointed me.He still had lyrics but it wasnt enjoyable music at all.Only song I liked on it was Daughters.On the other hand GKMC was top notch from start to finish besides for maybe "Real" and "Now Or Never".GKMC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Life Is Good.Not even a contest.
Life Is Good vs Good Kid MAAD City MG5tf
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Thu 1 Nov 2012 - 4:48
who cares

Tech N9ne >>>>

in all seriousness, haven't heard either.
HopsinBelgium
Registered Member

Thu 1 Nov 2012 - 12:03
GKMC
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Thu 1 Nov 2012 - 12:47
STRANGEgenius wrote:who cares

Tech N9ne >>>>

in all seriousness, haven't heard either.
Tech n9ne is actually the ine who got K.Dot connected with Dre.Kendrick used to go on tour with techa a while back.He talked about it in an interview.Anyways Kendrick>n9ne imo
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum