Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Underground Rappers Dissing for Exposure Empty Underground Rappers Dissing for Exposure

Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 6:28
My main question for this thread is: if an underground rapper disses a more successful, possibly mainstream rappers is it attention seeking, in the fact its only done for exposure?

Many people have been criticized (i.e Hopsin) not by fans of the said artist but because of the fact people believe he only did it to attain success and exposure.

Do you think its kind of a "cheat way" maybe.

For example, the other day I wrote a song dissing Future, I didn't do it because I wanted too get tons of YouTube views, my genuine motavation was because I dislike what he is contributing to the music industry, I'm not sure whether to record it, when I go to the studio on Tuesday either.

What are you opinions on this particular topic?
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Underground Rappers Dissing for Exposure Empty Re: Underground Rappers Dissing for Exposure

Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 7:10
depends on who they diss and why, tbh.
King
King
Registered Member

Underground Rappers Dissing for Exposure Empty Re: Underground Rappers Dissing for Exposure

Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 7:18
It may be for attention or it may not be for attention but some people see it as it's ALWAYS for attention.

First of all when someone raps they obviously want attention, otherwise they wouldn't post their music.
But it's whether you diss someone for the sole purpose of gaining attention or you actually have a legit concern coming along with it.

Of course people are going to say this, lets say some random person hears about a rapper dissing someone.. they naturally want to listen to it and when they listen they're going to talk about it therefore bringing more attention.. Notice how some people call the ill mind Hopsin 4 the "Tyler diss"? yeah even though he only mentioned him in a portion of the song people tend to emphasize on the diss rather than the track in its whole. So if those same people are tyler fans that got offended it's obvious why they would say that Hopsin disses for attention regardless if Hopsin has some sort of concern backing it up that he wants to express.
achmed420
achmed420
Registered Member

Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 7:20
i dont think anyone has ever gotten bigger from dissing people that are more popular then them except for hopsin
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 7:41
achmed420 wrote:i dont think anyone has ever gotten bigger from dissing people that are more popular then them except for hopsin
ICP- eminem. they're not "big" but got a lot of exposure
Canibus- LL Cool J

You could even say Chino XL
King
King
Registered Member

Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 8:00
inb4someonementions50cent
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 14:43
King wrote:inb4someonementions50cent
just beat me tbh.
Anyways I wish more people would diss big artists like Lil Wayne and Souja Boy because they deserve it.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 20:23
does the jokerr count?
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 21:17
STRANGEgenius wrote:does the jokerr count?
Does Soulja Boy?
King
King
Registered Member

Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 21:22
Chokey wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:does the jokerr count?
Does Soulja Boy?

Soulja boy does not count, the jokerr does because he admitted to it and went on to make a contest based off of it.
Nidac_7
Nidac_7
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/Nidac_7

Mon 29 Oct 2012 - 0:17
There needs to be more diss songs. Hip hop is ready for some real beef, and not this twitter beef between artists. Disses are ok if the rapper has a legit point.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum