Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jarren Benton & Dizzy Wright Half Ounce Quarter Pound Music Video

+10
CHA53
STRANGEgenius
Buddie
Chokey
Nidac_7
King
Essence
41OMaXiMuS
BabySmacker
anthonyFv
14 posters
Go down
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Jarren Benton & Dizzy Wright Half Ounce Quarter Pound Music Video Empty Jarren Benton & Dizzy Wright Half Ounce Quarter Pound Music Video

Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 19:44

https://twitter.com/funkvolume/status/261153059814666240
I am actually mad about this, because this is exactly what I was talking about when I said Jarren Benton premotes himself and is premoted by FV with only his stupid songs about drugs,bitches,etc, and has music videos for only those.Then those are the first things people see when they look up Jarren and thats all they think his music is.There is no reason that they should have made a music video for both "Lean" and this before making one for some of his serious, or just another fun song but one that showcases his rapping ability and wordplay better.So far only song like that he has a video for is "Skitzo" and even that isnt as good as some of his other ones.
I still believe that Dizzy and Jarren are both very productive people and artist who don't just smoke weed and think about money all day, however from the music that they have been premoting RECENTLY you wouldn't be able to tell that, especially new fans.
J.Cole-"don't worry about me I'm just ventin"
however,it still is true.

Last edited by anthonyFv on Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 2:50; edited 1 time in total
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Jarren Benton & Dizzy Wright Half Ounce Quarter Pound Music Video Empty Re: Jarren Benton & Dizzy Wright Half Ounce Quarter Pound Music Video

Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 19:47
So, what? You think Dame is just up in his little FV HQ telling Jarren Benton and Dizzy what songs they are and aren't aloud to make videos for?
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Jarren Benton & Dizzy Wright Half Ounce Quarter Pound Music Video Empty Re: Jarren Benton & Dizzy Wright Half Ounce Quarter Pound Music Video

Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 19:52
BabySmacker wrote:So, what? You think Dame is just up in his little FV HQ telling Jarren Benton and Dizzy what songs they are and aren't aloud to make videos for?
no, im saying its their fault aswell for what they premote.its their music and their decision. I just don't feel like its right that not just Hop, but FV as a whole gives off this image that they're bringing back real hip hop, and there all against the industry and whatever, but now they sound just the same in my opinion,they still make good songs, but thats not what they try to premote.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 19:57
90's Hip-Hop talked about industry topics (drugs, money and bitches) all the time, so did early 2000 Hip-Hop, and it will continue to do so until the genre dies.

The difference is only that the quality of the music has downgraded tremendously.

FV promotes good music and allowing the artist to create the music the artist wants to create. Not about "bringing back Hip-Hop"...you can't bring back what never left.

41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 19:57
anthonyFv wrote:
BabySmacker wrote:So, what? You think Dame is just up in his little FV HQ telling Jarren Benton and Dizzy what songs they are and aren't aloud to make videos for?
no, im saying its their fault aswell for what they premote.its their music and their decision. I just don't feel like its right that not just Hop, but FV as a whole gives off this image that they're bringing back real hip hop, and there all against the industry and whatever, but now they sound just the same in my opinion,they still make good songs, but thats not what they try to premote.

allowed*
promote*
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 23:12
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
anthonyFv wrote:

allowed*
promote*
Jeet?
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 23:33
Emblem wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
anthonyFv wrote:

allowed*
promote*
Jeet?

horibble Canibus
Nidac_7
Nidac_7
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/Nidac_7

Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 23:39
King wrote:
Emblem wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
anthonyFv wrote:

allowed*
promote*
Jeet?

horibble Canibus

Ice Cube
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 23:47
Dizzy>Jarren>Beard

Dizzy shows once again he is so fucking much better than Jarren.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 0:11
This video is just meh
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 0:36
so the video is out right...?
King
King
Registered Member

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 1:25
I kinda like dizzy's flow on this, still not convinced that I like the song though.
Sorry bruh, video could of been better but it was edited well.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 2:53
Buddie wrote:This video is just meh
Just realized it was uploaded already, anyways i feel the same. There was nothing to special.Dizzy did go in on this tho tbh.Jarren was iffy aswell as James Harden/Stalley look a like.
CHA53
Registered Member

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 3:19
I fuck with it.. Dizzy killed it
adeem
adeem
Registered Member

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 7:18
Second dude has a glorious beard.

Jarren Benton & Dizzy Wright Half Ounce Quarter Pound Music Video Glorious-beard
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 13:25
adeem wrote:Second dude has a glorious beard.

Jarren Benton & Dizzy Wright Half Ounce Quarter Pound Music Video Glorious-beard
They should sign his beard to fv
whufcwesthamunited
Registered Member

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 14:03
Never liked the song in the first place but Dizzy was REALLY good. His flow was great. The video wasn't great... i mean those cheesy neon things and then looking into a camera and making this symmetrical face bullshit just is overused. But overall Dizzy killed it! He does well on Jarren's beats and Jarren does well on Dizzy's beats. Basically they work well together when making remixes to each others songs (such as Can't Trust em remix as well)
whufcwesthamunited
Registered Member

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 14:04
anthonyFv wrote:
I am actually mad about this, because this is exactly what I was talking about when I said Jarren Benton premotes himself and is premoted by FV with only his stupid songs about drugs,bitches,etc, and has music videos for only those.Then those are the first things people see when they look up Jarren and thats all they think his music is.There is no reason that they should have made a music video for both "Lean" and this before making one for some of his serious, or just another fun song but one that showcases his rapping ability and wordplay better.So far only song like that he has a video for is "Skitzo" and even that isnt as good as some of his other ones.
I still believe that Dizzy and Jarren are both very productive people and artist who don't just smoke weed and think about money all day, however from the music that they have been premoting RECENTLY you wouldn't be able to tell that, especially new fans.
J.Cole-"don't worry about me I'm just ventin"
however,it still is true.

I actually agree with you anthonyfv
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 14:18
anthonyFv wrote:
I am actually mad about this, because this is exactly what I was talking about when I said Jarren Benton premotes himself and is premoted by FV

FV gives the artist creative control. This is what Jarren wants to spit and release, then that's what gets done. You can find any interview of an FV artist they will tell you they got on FV for this exact reason. No one is telling them what to do, what to promote, what to rap about. I frankly like this song a lot. I'm into all kinds of stuff. This is something I can play at a party and people are gonna vibe with, plus it's got the FV spin on it and in my opinion, it's a really well put together song.
MaleficForm
MaleficForm
Registered Member
http://MaleficForm.tk

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 14:50
I fuck with it. Pretty good song, dope video.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 15:24
DGCK wrote:
anthonyFv wrote:
I am actually mad about this, because this is exactly what I was talking about when I said Jarren Benton premotes himself and is premoted by FV

FV gives the artist creative control. This is what Jarren wants to spit and release, then that's what gets done. You can find any interview of an FV artist they will tell you they got on FV for this exact reason. No one is telling them what to do, what to promote, what to rap about. I frankly like this song a lot. I'm into all kinds of stuff. This is something I can play at a party and people are gonna vibe with, plus it's got the FV spin on it and in my opinion, it's a really well put together song.
I can respect that.
King
King
Registered Member

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 20:38
Thats why it's not easy picking artist with different styles and point of views, some fans expect to like or relate to every artist on the label which is unrealistic for them. You think everyone on FV agree with each other on everything? Lol hell no, they just agree to disagree. What they all have in common is that they stay true to themselves and add their own flavor whether people like it or not.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum