Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Funk Volume and Strange Music aren't the only Independents doin big things Empty Funk Volume and Strange Music aren't the only Independents doin big things

Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 1:41
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152148970840268&set=a.404829870267.361015.386050065267&type=1
I am very happy for Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. If anyone deserved this recognition for an album its these two guys. You can tell by the music how much time and effort they put into it, and how much they really care about it. Hop will most likely do this with KM, and it could have happened already, anyways props to Macklemore and Ryan, Real Hip Hop is slowly getting back into the mainstream(not changeing just getting more popular but still the same good music). Let the revolution begin! Hopsin 2
Registered Member

Funk Volume and Strange Music aren't the only Independents doin big things Empty Re: Funk Volume and Strange Music aren't the only Independents doin big things

Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 1:53
Get off Macklemore's dick man.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Funk Volume and Strange Music aren't the only Independents doin big things Empty Re: Funk Volume and Strange Music aren't the only Independents doin big things

Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 2:01
If Macklemore did these numbers then imagine what Hop will do when KM drops.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 2:35
HopNation wrote:Get off Macklemore's dick man.
Im not "on his dick" saying hes the greatest ever and if you disagree then fuck you, no i am just acknowledging that Ryan Lewis and him deserve the numbers that theyll sale. I was also saying that more and more independent artists are making a lane for themselves just like Hopsin and Tech n9ne have done not only with themselves, but with Strange Music and Funk Volume
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 2:37
Buddie wrote:If Macklemore did these numbers then imagine what Hop will do when KM drops.
Exactly thats why I agreed with people when they said
2012 Tour=short term success
Waiting untill KM and SwizZz albums drop= long term success
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 5:50
how much is that sold though?
King
King
Registered Member

Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 11:50
KM will automatically go number 1
dukeblue
dukeblue
Registered Member

Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 13:47
STRANGEgenius wrote:how much is that sold though?

Was wondering this myself. This is all I could find.

"‘The Heist’ is currently projected to sell between 70,000 and 80,000 copies in just its first week."
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 15:23
dukeblue wrote:

"‘The Heist’ is currently projected to sell between 70,000 and 80,000 copies in just its first week."
Thats pretty good, whered you get that from tho?
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 16:34
Wackelmore tbh
Spoiler:
CHA53
Registered Member

Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 16:40
I like this song by macklemore, its a remix to that red hot chili peppers song

dukeblue
dukeblue
Registered Member

Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 17:47
anthonyFv wrote:
dukeblue wrote:

HiphopDx.com they are just projections, Lace Up is apparently supposed to sell 50k in first week. Really really impressive didn't think it the Heist would sell that well.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 17:55
dukeblue wrote:
anthonyFv wrote:
dukeblue wrote:

HiphopDx.com they are just projections, Lace Up is apparently supposed to sell 50k in first week. Really really impressive didn't think it the Heist would sell that well.

The Heist most likely will sell more than Slaughterhouse did in the first week and SH is backed by a major label and had Eminem features on it.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 18:13
Buddie wrote:
dukeblue wrote:
anthonyFv wrote:
dukeblue wrote:

The Heist most likely will sell more than Slaughterhouse did in the first week and SH is backed by a major label and had Eminem features on it.
Welcome to our house had more potential to sell more than the heist could of however it sucked even tho slaughterhouse is dope
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member
http://www.infgang.com

Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 21:16
Shocked that the Macklemore album would be able to do those numbers. As far as i know he doesn't get much radio play and he isn't even one of the biggest internet rappers. I bought the album though and it's dope. Glad to see the two of them reaching those kinds of numbers.

Raw sold about 2k first week and roughly 10k in the first 6 months (if i remember correctly). So with the added buzz from the IMOHs, XXL and BET he should be able to do solid numbers when KM finally drops if he can get a nice single out.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum