Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hopsin and shady records

+15
theungod
anthonyFv
Katz Inf Gang
Perfect Stranger
StuFace
AlwaysRaw
liftthat
Chokey
achmed420
Jeet
Buddie
King
STRANGEgenius
texasiopp
19 posters
Go down
texasiopp
texasiopp
Registered Member

Hopsin and shady records Empty Hopsin and shady records

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 3:17
So budden likes hop him and yelawolf are cool and you know em has heard of him now so... What if hop was asked to sign to shady? He has said he wouldn't sign to any label but could be really pass up working with eminem? What do y'all think
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Hopsin and shady records Empty Re: Hopsin and shady records

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 3:21
i hope not.
texasiopp
texasiopp
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 3:24
You hope he wouldn't pass on the opportunity? Or that he doesn't sign with him?
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 3:26
He has said something about this before he said they were cool but NO, and said he wont sign to ANYONE.
But who knows, he could still collab with them all they want without signing lol.
texasiopp
texasiopp
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 3:28
We that's my question he says no now while there is no offer but what if e got an offer that would be way to hard to say no
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 3:29
texasiopp wrote:We that's my question he says no now while there is no offer but what if e got an offer that would be way to hard to say no

He has been offered.
texasiopp
texasiopp
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 3:36
Offered by shady?
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 4:11
I'd sure hope he'd sign to Shady!
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 6:38
I highly doubt it
achmed420
achmed420
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 8:13
i think he would do what kendrick did with aftermath and have a joint venture with shady and funk volume thefore making fv bigger and get distribution for all their artists
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 8:23
It would actually work out for him if he signed to Shady, because then he can delay his album even longer until he is eventually dropped from the label.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 8:56
what the fuck? Independent Living was about not signing to any label? This is the most retarded thought ever. Hop would sell his soul.
still want the collab with Shady
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 11:03
Wouldn't want him to sign with Shady, look at the Yelawolf & Slaughterhouse albums tbh.

Do not want/10
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 2:27
liftthat wrote:Wouldn't want him to sign with Shady, look at the Yelawolf & Slaughterhouse albums tbh.

Do not want/10
True, he'll probably end up being forced to put out those 'mainstream' songs to appeal to everyone.
King
King
Registered Member

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 2:29
I prefer it better when he has full control of his music, no thank you.
StuFace
Registered Member
http://rapgenius.com/Stuart

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 2:51
texasiopp wrote:So budden likes hop him and yelawolf are cool and you know em has heard of him now so... What if hop was asked to sign to shady? He has said he wouldn't sign to any label but could be really pass up working with eminem? What do y'all think

Has Em actually heard of him or are you assuming? I'm sure he has, I'm just wondering.
texasiopp
texasiopp
Registered Member

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 3:14
No im assuming but pretty sure
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 6:32
People have said in the past Eminem was in tune with the Underground, considering he used to be in that posistion himself so it wouldn't suprise me.
I honestly think he should've done a joint venture with Strange and/or Shady.
achmed420
achmed420
Registered Member

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 6:41
Perfect Stranger wrote:People have said in the past Eminem was in tune with the Underground, considering he used to be in that posistion himself so it wouldn't suprise me.

hop was offered a deal from strange music but i think he wants to hit the mainstream and get his music out to the masses
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member
http://www.infgang.com

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 6:51
Hopsin originally wanted to get signed to a major and become a household name. It seems like since he started getting noticed he's left that "dream" in the past and rather preach a good message and not have to answer to TOO MANY people.

But yeah, he always says Eminem is his biggest influence...im sure it would be damn near impossible to turn down an offer from Marshall himself.
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 6:53
achmed420 wrote:
Perfect Stranger wrote:People have said in the past Eminem was in tune with the Underground, considering he used to be in that posistion himself so it wouldn't suprise me.

hop was offered a deal from strange music but i think he wants to hit the mainstream and get his music out to the masses
I'd say the main reason he didn't want to sign with Strange is because he never really cared much about working with Tech/Strange and they don't have the kind of money or resources that can truly take his career to the next level.

Hop makes great money on his own and has a high majority of control over everything around him. It would take A LOT to get him to go another route. Not sure if it's even possible at this point.
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 7:12
Katz Inf Gang wrote:
achmed420 wrote:

I'd say the main reason he didn't want to sign with Strange is because he never really cared much about working with Tech/Strange and they don't have the kind of money or resources that can truly take his career to the next level.

Hop makes great money on his own and has a high majority of control over everything around him. It would take A LOT to get him to go another route. Not sure if it's even possible at this point.

I just think that he would've had an album sooner and a better schedule etc.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 7:36
Katz Inf Gang wrote:
achmed420 wrote:

Strange made over $13 mill in 2010, and in 2011 they made like nearly $20 mill.

they do have the resources man.
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 13:33
STRANGEgenius wrote:
Katz Inf Gang wrote:
achmed420 wrote:

Those numbers don't compare to labels like Interscope, Young Money and Atlantic.

Strange has made it very clear that they won't spend money to get radio play, which is pretty much the biggest thing a major label will do for an artist.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 14:09
Katz Inf Gang wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:
Katz Inf Gang wrote:
achmed420 wrote:

Those numbers don't compare to labels like Interscope, Young Money and Atlantic.

Strange has made it very clear that they won't spend money to get radio play, which is pretty much the biggest thing a major label will do for an artist.

but Am I A Psycho was on the radio, without them paying Hopsin 5
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum