Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Funk Volume(mostly Dizzy)Has Changed in my eyes.

+9
whufcwesthamunited
FactoryOfEmbers
Trig
Essence
knockmathers
StuFace
hopsintupac
King
anthonyFv
13 posters
Go down
anthonyFv
Registered Member

How Funk Volume(mostly Dizzy)Has Changed in my eyes. Empty How Funk Volume(mostly Dizzy)Has Changed in my eyes.

Thu 4 Oct 2012 - 20:04
Now, I am not criticizing them completely and saying I hate them for this, because I still love Funk Volume, and am an active fan.Many people have already talked about this, however I wanted to share my thoughts thoroughly on how their music has changed, since when they first started, and mostly for the worse.(This especially includes Dizzy's music from before he was on FV to now)

First off Im gonna talk about Dizzy, because I feel he is the biggest one in this.His music from the "Soul Searchin Mixtape" and then "Soul Searchin:The Next Level" was very motivating, lyrical, and talked about how rappers talked about the wrong things and the media effecting the kids.He was still very chill, and fun to listen to even during that time.Here are some examples of some of those songs.

And there are a lot more songs like that, with lyrics, and talking about real stuff, however when you listen to his new stuff. He talks about gettin pussy, smoking weed,and swaggin out, and mostly just how cool he is now that hes got money "I aint scared of shit, (gunshot sound) .Now I know that isnt all he talks about, but he sounds so much different now, and all artists change over time, but this is not in a "progressive manner" to me. Here are some examples of some of his new songs.

"ladies all on my dick" this term was never used, but now he says it in almost every song
"guns all in my closet" smh
And then this bullshit sounds exactly like a Tyga/Lil Wayne track not FV at all

The difference is extremely obvious
Now, he did make some crappy songs in his soul searchin days like "I love weed" however not nearly as much as he does now. And he also makes good songs like on his recent "Smokeout Conversations Mixtape" I loved the songs "Wake Up" "Let The Song Repeat" and "Nobody Teaching Game" however those are exceptions.I made this thread I really miss the old Dizzy and I just feel like he has let the fame get to him more than anybody.I still like his music just not for the same reasons as I Loved his old music.
You may not agree with everything I said, but I feel like it is true, and again im not hating or anything just saying how I feel about it.To me its just sad to see out of all the rappers who sell out the one group that I thought this would never happen, it is, and its happening right now.There all (besides Hopsin) talking about smoking weed, doing drugs, gettin money, gettin pussy, so on and so forth, and it makes me sad, because they are much better and smarter rappers than that and you would know this by there old music.
What are your guy's opinions?
EDIT:He has not completely changed, I just feel like he is heading in a negative direction from what he used to do, not a positive one.

Last edited by anthonyFv on Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 15:26; edited 4 times in total
anthonyFv
Registered Member

How Funk Volume(mostly Dizzy)Has Changed in my eyes. Empty Re: How Funk Volume(mostly Dizzy)Has Changed in my eyes.

Thu 4 Oct 2012 - 20:06
This was supposed to be about everyone in FV but I feel it the most with Dizzy, so it took up a lot of spac so Ill make a seperate thread for everyone else.
King
King
Registered Member

How Funk Volume(mostly Dizzy)Has Changed in my eyes. Empty Re: How Funk Volume(mostly Dizzy)Has Changed in my eyes.

Thu 4 Oct 2012 - 20:23

I hope jarren changes.. not completely but message wise and effort.
The guy can flow his ass off with no effort, if he puts in work I believe he could be a beast..
I feel like he uses his skills on horrible songs which make him look bad, if he made better songs I know for a fact he would get a lot of respect.

anthonyFv
Registered Member

Thu 4 Oct 2012 - 20:31
King wrote:
I hope jarren changes.. not completely but message wise and effort.
The guy can flow his ass off with no effort, if he puts in work I believe he could be a beast..
I feel like he uses his skills on horrible songs which make him look bad, if he made better songs I know for a fact he would get a lot of respect.

exactly, he has shown his potential to make good meaninful tracks a couple times like on lord knows, or nothing remains, but I have to completely agree. He has so much talent, but he just sticks to the "funny rapper" personality which is enjoyable, but not for every single song you do, if you wanna be taken seriously.I think he will, being around Hop and Dizzy.
hopsintupac
hopsintupac
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/hopsintupac

Thu 4 Oct 2012 - 20:36
Dizzy went to be like the next to the next tyga or something really quick... His new song was espically garbage... I hope he steps up his game and get backs to his old dope style... Also I don't knw bout benton but we will see heard he got a song with ra rugged man that is going to be intresting 4sure...
StuFace
Registered Member
http://rapgenius.com/Stuart

Thu 4 Oct 2012 - 21:34
The Jokerr diss made me think about Dizzy some more. I love his flow, and on his recent projects, there are definitely trashy songs, as well as good ones. But one day the video for "Sidekick" comes out, then the next day, the shit with Futuristic comes out. Dizzy definitely belongs on FV, but he's going in the wrong direction, and I don't know if I'll support it. I know FV has no creative control, but Hopsin needs to speak with Dizzy and Jarren about this. As far as SwizZz, he's a funny dude, but he needs to make more music. Jarren has the most potential, at times I like him more than Hopsin. I hate most of his production though, and he often talks about stupid shit too. FV is going in the wrong direction.
knockmathers
knockmathers
Registered Member

Thu 4 Oct 2012 - 21:51
anthony how old are you?
King
King
Registered Member

Thu 4 Oct 2012 - 21:53
When he does songs with funkvolume you can definitely tell the difference, but when he collabs with others it's different.
This is because he tries to fit in on a song when he raps. If hopsin features dizzy on a song and raps aggressively dizzy will go for that too but in his own way.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Thu 4 Oct 2012 - 22:02
StuFace wrote:The Jokerr diss made me think about Dizzy some more. I love his flow, and on his recent projects, there are definitely trashy songs, as well as good ones. But one day the video for "Sidekick" comes out, then the next day, the shit with Futuristic comes out. Dizzy definitely belongs on FV, but he's going in the wrong direction, and I don't know if I'll support it. I know FV has no creative control, but Hopsin needs to speak with Dizzy and Jarren about this. As far as SwizZz, he's a funny dude, but he needs to make more music. Jarren has the most potential, at times I like him more than Hopsin. I hate most of his production though, and he often talks about stupid shit too. FV is going in the wrong direction.
couldn't have said it better myself
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Thu 4 Oct 2012 - 22:16
knockmathers wrote:anthony how old are you?
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Thu 4 Oct 2012 - 23:20
Don't judge Dizzy because this one new song. He may be getting paid to do this cRAP.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Thu 4 Oct 2012 - 23:22
Emblem wrote:Don't judge Dizzy because this one new song. He may be getting paid to do this cRAP.
Im not completely judging him off that one song. But technically if that was the reason, he is "selling out" if they do the track and upload it on there own channel. He did look pretty involved in that song tho. But who knows.
Trig
Registered Member
http://nems-ratm.blogspot.co.uk/

Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 12:09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I9LUz080Og&feature=g-vrec

this is like everything in one song that hopsin was against, it's pretty funny. this song is terrible
FactoryOfEmbers
FactoryOfEmbers
Registered Member

Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 14:59
I disagree, completely.

So he's got a few 'swaggy' songs out, but compared to how many songs of his AREN'T like that, i don't see your basis for this at all.

It's easy to point out his few swaggy songs, but since he released Smokeout Convos on 4/20, he's put out that album, an extra mixtape and a few collabs, Smokeout Convo is full of old Dizzy-style songs, so is the mixtape. I'll admit his collabs have been questionable, but since it's only been 6 months since he released the Smokeout Convo album, he has done WAY more old-Dizzy style songs than 'swaggy' songs.

Also, picking out a few odd lines like 'ladies all on my dick' etc doesn't mean it's an entire swaggy song, it's one line in one song, hardly him changing up loads is it?

Also, i hate when people say 'this is completely against what Hop raps about'... so? Hopsin raps about his own views, but doesn't push them on others, it's been well noted that FV wants to be a big record label with varied artists so there's something for everyone. Just let Hopsin be Hopsin, and enjoy him for that, and let Dizzy be Dizzy.

/end rant.

Sorry if i came across as a dick there haha, just getting my views out :)
Trig
Registered Member

Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 15:03
you're right to a degree. but having any "swag" songs, especially more than i can count on one hand, are just a big no for me. we have rappers that do that, wayyyyyyyyyyyy too many. we don't need more, not that i listen to any of them.
FactoryOfEmbers
FactoryOfEmbers
Registered Member

Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 15:19
Trig wrote:you're right to a degree. but having any "swag" songs, especially more than i can count on one hand, are just a big no for me. we have rappers that do that, wayyyyyyyyyyyy too many. we don't need more, not that i listen to any of them.

I hate swag rap aswell, but i actually enjoy hearing Dizzy brag a bit, if he keeps it minimum, which i think he does, that's cool with me.
whufcwesthamunited
Registered Member

Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 17:57
I was thinking about this a lot today actually. I was driving in my car and on comes this song by Dizzy

I really got into dizzy when he first signed to FV because of his whole style, but that has changed now. He still does make meaningful songs but they are just different. It's hard to explain but his style has changed. You could go a whole song without hearing a weed reference too. I know he is more than a weed rapper but it can be annoying when trying to listen to a meaningful song by him and he still brings up weed (referring to his more recent music. I have nothing against weed but i don't want to be hearing about it in every song (in the same way that i wouldn't want to hear Hop rapping about skateboarding in every song).
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 19:05
whufcwesthamunited wrote:I was thinking about this a lot today actually. I was driving in my car and on comes this song by Dizzy

I really got into dizzy when he first signed to FV because of his whole style, but that has changed now. He still does make meaningful songs but they are just different. It's hard to explain but his style has changed. You could go a whole song without hearing a weed reference too. I know he is more than a weed rapper but it can be annoying when trying to listen to a meaningful song by him and he still brings up weed (referring to his more recent music. I have nothing against weed but i don't want to be hearing about it in every song (in the same way that i wouldn't want to hear Hop rapping about skateboarding in every song).
exactly my thoughts, I mean EXACTLY
Trig
Registered Member

Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 19:28
that's pretty much the same as eminem
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Sun 7 Oct 2012 - 14:00
I hate FV's overuse of the word "Swag".
Even Hopsin says it, fucking ridiculous.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Sun 7 Oct 2012 - 14:03
Perfect Stranger wrote:I hate FV's overuse of the word "Swag".
I know. It seems like there trying to be like other rappers now, the very same ones that they were against and better than at that matter.
Nidac_7
Nidac_7
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/Nidac_7

Sun 7 Oct 2012 - 16:15
anthonyFv wrote:
I know. It seems like there trying to be like other rappers now, the very same ones that they were against and better than at that matter.

How i felt when i heard that hop used the term "yolo".
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/JustAUserHandle

Sun 7 Oct 2012 - 17:16
Nidac_7 wrote:
anthonyFv wrote:

When?
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Sun 7 Oct 2012 - 18:28
Grandmaster wrote:
Nidac_7 wrote:
anthonyFv wrote:

When?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum