Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Wale discussion Empty Wale discussion

Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 14:47
Are their any Wale fans out there? I have been into his music for a while now. I feel like his career currently, isn't going in the right direction. He's not killing it like it used to be... That could be due to trying to uphold the image MMG tries to have, which doesn't fit Wale at all, he was perfect with RocNation.

Anyone else into the old Wale? I still listen to his newer stuff, I even like what he puts on the radio. I feel like he doesn't let the A&Rs butcher his sound too much and keeps it where he wants it, probably one of the reasons he isn't as big as his labelmates. A negative and positive, maybe.

Last edited by DGCK on Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 19:41; edited 1 time in total
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Wale discussion Empty Re: Wale discussion

Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 15:14
I used to really like him but hes definitely sold out eith his mmg crew, same with meek mill, this is why i hate rick ross
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 15:27
anthonyFv wrote:I used to really like him but hes definitely sold out eith his mmg crew, same with meek mill, this is why i hate rick ross

I don't think Wale sold out musically because of MMG, he did to try and sound mainstream. HIs attitude problems you can definitely blame on Rick Ross and Meek Mill pressuring him.

Realistically, of all the 'well-known' rappers, Wale had the most raw sound. Pure hip-hop with tons of basic go-go and non-complex sound. He used to sound a little tribal, he was really proud of being Nigerian and stuff. He doesn't keep it real like that anymore, but I think his radio stuff is actually untouched as if it came from his ears and that's just what he thinks radio music should sound like. I honestly even like Lotus Flower Bomb a lot. It's not too poppy, which is why it was a flop, you can't shake your ass or smoke weed to it.

Edit: I guess that song didn't really flop, I may have even hit #1. It went away fast though.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 15:30
DGCK wrote:
anthonyFv wrote:I used to really like him but hes definitely sold out eith his mmg crew, same with meek mill, this is why i hate rick ross

I don't think Wale sold out musically because of MMG, he did to try and sound mainstream. HIs attitude problems you can definitely blame on Rick Ross and Meek Mill pressuring him.

Realistically, of all the 'well-known' rappers, Wale had the most raw sound. Pure hip-hop with tons of basic go-go and non-complex sound. He used to sound a little tribal, he was really proud of being Nigerian and stuff. He doesn't keep it real like that anymore, but I think his radio stuff is actually untouched as if it came from his ears and that's just what he thinks radio music should sound like. I honestly even like Lotus Flower Bomb a lot. It's not too poppy, which is why it was a flop, you can't shake your ass or smoke weed to it.
I agree with most of you said, and I like Lotus Flower Bomb too.However songs like "Bag of money" are just the opposite of what he used to do. I still think he "sold out" though. I did like some tracks on Ambition, but not nearly as much as his old music.
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 15:36
anthonyFv wrote:
DGCK wrote:

I agree with most of you said, and I like Lotus Flower Bomb too.However songs like "Bag of money" are just the opposite of what he used to do. I still think he "sold out" though. I did like some tracks on Ambition, but not nearly as much as his old music.

I'll be honest, I thought Bag of Money was a Rick Ross song, I've never even heard Wale's verse. That's how much I don't really fuck with the Radio. That song is so terrible especially that T-pain ad lib. I've heard the first 30 seconds of it. I skipped it listening to that album. I just checked it out, and his flow sounds like a Meek Mill recycle.. omg.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 15:40
DGCK wrote:
anthonyFv wrote:
DGCK wrote:

I'll be honest, I thought Bag of Money was a Rick Ross song, I've never even heard Wale's verse. That's how much I don't really fuck with the Radio. That song is so terrible especially that T-pain ad lib. I've heard the first 30 seconds of it. I skipped it listening to that album. I just checked it out, and his flow sounds like a Meek Mill recycle.. omg.
I know, on the track "Ambition" from the album Ambition, I got Wale and Meek Millz verses confused the first couple listens. I do like the song though,
About Bag Of Money, Wales verse is just as terrible as the song. Made me really dissapointed.
CHA53
Registered Member

Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 16:45
The only one I can tolerate in MMG. Wouldn't say I'm a fan, but I like some of his stuff.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum