Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Albums that were the biggest dissapointments Empty Albums that were the biggest dissapointments

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 23:06
Wanted to make this thread because ive gotten my hopes up a couple times this year already for some albums that were either average or just straight garbage. Heres a list of a couple of mine. Post yours too.

Warning: Im not hating, I actually enjoy and respect all of these artists but just feel like they kinda depended on their names to get album sales instead of the actual content on these ones

Nas-Life Is Good (Had like a total of 3 good songs on there.It seemed like he new he would sell just because he was Nas, which happened, so he didnt really put to much effort into it.

Slaughterhouse-Welcome To Our House (was expecting a lot more just straight lyrically packed songs, but mainly got mainstream songs that had little to know feeling in them. Was a mediocre album but once again it still got sales because of the name and anticipation.

Watch The Throne-Kanye & Jay (Actually a good album, but With two legends like this on one collaborative album it should have been much better/)

Those are just a few

P.S. Detox will probably be one of these not because it will be bad but because it will have to be the best album ever made to live up to the time and anticipation put into it.
jrat6447
jrat6447
Registered Member

Albums that were the biggest dissapointments Empty Re: Albums that were the biggest dissapointments

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 23:14
Lupe Fiasco's Lasers.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Albums that were the biggest dissapointments Empty Re: Albums that were the biggest dissapointments

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 23:16
Life is Good is a classic.

And by far the most appropriate album for this thread is Can-I-Bus
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 23:20
jrat6447 wrote:Lupe Fiasco's Lasers.

Almost Forgot About That One.He said that was a main reason why he is going to leave the label, and I hate when im talkin about Lupe and people say there his biggest fan because there favorite song is The Show Goes On and thats the only song they know. He did have a few good tracks on there but the rest was terrible.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 23:21
anthonyFv wrote:
P.S. Detox will probably be one of these not because it will be bad but because it will have to be the best album ever made to live up to the time and anticipation put into it.
Albums that were the biggest dissapointments 352246
The anticipation for detox has long been over, people aren't expecting anything good, like it was for 2001
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 23:26
Encore by Eminem

STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 2:54
Relapse.
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member
http://www.infgang.com

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 3:31
Recovery & Encore
Every Ludacris album since The Red Light District

I don't get why people keep talking down on the SH album. The album is filled with super dope verses and has a good mix of deep/meaningful songs and entertaining music that doesn't get you depressed.
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 3:49
anthonyFv wrote:
jrat6447 wrote:Lupe Fiasco's Lasers.

Almost Forgot About That One.He said that was a main reason why he is going to leave the label, and I hate when im talkin about Lupe and people say there his biggest fan because there favorite song is The Show Goes On and thats the only song they know. He did have a few good tracks on there but the rest was terrible.

I loved the song, "Beautiful Lasers", for me that was a "beautiful" song, Lupe is so underestimated, he makes some fantastic music but just never gets the platform too display it with.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum