Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Listen and then try to tell me Kanye and Jay didnt sell out

+10
Essence
Nidac_7
STRANGEgenius
Chokey
achmed420
Katz Inf Gang
dukeblue
Jeet
iSigh
anthonyFv
14 posters
Go down
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Listen and then try to tell me Kanye and Jay didnt sell out Empty Listen and then try to tell me Kanye and Jay didnt sell out

Sun 9 Sep 2012 - 22:03
Alot of people think Jay and Kanye are arogent rappers who just talk about how rich they are. Which is kinda true now. However I wanted to compare side by side from when they were still making real emotianal music to now when they're making dumb radio records. It doesnt take a rocket scientists to see the difference. The sad thing is the one on the left gets 3 million view, while the one on the right gets 23 million. Just wanted to share my thoughts

iSigh
iSigh
Registered Member

Listen and then try to tell me Kanye and Jay didnt sell out Empty Re: Listen and then try to tell me Kanye and Jay didnt sell out

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 2:33
If skills sold Truth be told I'd probably be Lyrically Talib Kweli
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Listen and then try to tell me Kanye and Jay didnt sell out Empty Re: Listen and then try to tell me Kanye and Jay didnt sell out

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 3:35
No matter how you look at it, Kanye West is a phenomenal producer and Jay-Z is a hip hop legend.
dukeblue
dukeblue
Registered Member

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 5:40
Jeet wrote:No matter how you look at it, Kanye West is a phenomenal producer and Jay-Z is a hip hop legend.

Agreed, and yes I do feel that they may have sold out. Especially with those two songs next to each other damn... And on a completely different side note that is probably fueled by your avatar Jeet, anyone ever get pissed off that Jay-Z never drops a Big L RIP or anything like that? Maybe it's a misconception by me on how things went, but it seems to me that L was a major factor in Jay getting put on.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 7:19
dukeblue wrote:
Jeet wrote:No matter how you look at it, Kanye West is a phenomenal producer and Jay-Z is a hip hop legend.

Agreed, and yes I do feel that they may have sold out. Especially with those two songs next to each other damn... And on a completely different side note that is probably fueled by your avatar Jeet, anyone ever get pissed off that Jay-Z never drops a Big L RIP or anything like that? Maybe it's a misconception by me on how things went, but it seems to me that L was a major factor in Jay getting put on.
I see what you did there Hopsin 3

But yea, I've always wondered that too.
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member
http://www.infgang.com

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 7:21
Can't compare a random track to a song meant for the radio. they both made radio friendly songs back in the day
achmed420
achmed420
Registered Member

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 7:45
dukeblue wrote:

yeah im sure big L was a huge factor in the success of jay z. if L was still alive i really dont think jay would be as big as he is now. i think that once jay z started making tons of money he became an arrogant asshole and forgot where he came from. jay doesnt even pay respect to Jaz-O, the man that brought him into the rap game back in the late 80s and where he got his stage name from.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 11:50
Wanna hear something else that nobody knew? Lil Wayne also sold out! Hopsin 4
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 11:55
Chokey wrote:Wanna hear something else that nobody knew? Lil Wayne also sold out! Hopsin 4

right on the truth.
Nidac_7
Nidac_7
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/Nidac_7

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 14:04
Chokey wrote:Wanna hear something else that nobody knew? Lil Wayne also sold out! Hopsin 4

What! Lies!
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 1:12
But I thought he just started skating Dizzy
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 2:18
Nidac_7 wrote:

What! Lies!
LMAO!!!
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 2:56
Wow, why are you even comparing the two songs? They have 2 completely different vibes and directions. This thread could use a serious knowledge dump, in seeing as only one person noticed that this is apples to oranges. I'm a little disappointed to say the least.

Might I add that this is the opening track to the album. It is easily some of the most pristine work Jay and Kan have made together. It captured the essence of what the two are really capable of. IMO it's better than 'Never Let Me Down' as far as their serious tracks.

This is a couple days old and this shit goes really hard. It's not a serious emotional song but it's complexity surpasses anything being dropped today.
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 22:10
Bad & biased comparison, you took a record that was meant to be a hit & compared it to an old Kanye song. Thus making it look like he "sold out"

Even in his earlier days Ye was making songs like that, New Workout Plan ring a bell?

It also seems to me that you're ignoring songs like New Day, Blame Game, etc.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 23:12
DGCK wrote:Wow, why are you even comparing the two songs? They have 2 completely different vibes and directions. This thread could use a serious knowledge dump, in seeing as only one person noticed that this is apples to oranges. I'm a little disappointed to say the least.

Might I add that this is the opening track to the album. It is easily some of the most pristine work Jay and Kan have made together. It captured the essence of what the two are really capable of. IMO it's better than 'Never Let Me Down' as far as their serious tracks.

This is a couple days old and this shit goes really hard. It's not a serious emotional song but it's complexity surpasses anything being dropped today.

Your Joking about the Clique thing right? I like that song but come on, Im pretty sure your trolling tho SwizZz 4
Registered Member

Fri 14 Sep 2012 - 1:30
anthonyFv wrote:
DGCK wrote:Wow, why are you even comparing the two songs? They have 2 completely different vibes and directions. This thread could use a serious knowledge dump, in seeing as only one person noticed that this is apples to oranges. I'm a little disappointed to say the least.

[Removed Video]

[Removed Video]

Your Joking about the Clique thing right? I like that song but come on, Im pretty sure your trolling tho SwizZz 4

Clique is better than anything off WTT.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum