Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
iScyko
iScyko
Registered Member

Need Feedback on Two artists Empty Need Feedback on Two artists

Mon 3 Sep 2012 - 4:30
First is my cousin

Second Is Gibby Stites, a member on this forum.

Its an old song but damn he got a nice flow and bars, flow is hella catchy.
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Need Feedback on Two artists Empty Re: Need Feedback on Two artists

Mon 3 Sep 2012 - 17:23
Your cousin is a typical mainstream rapper. I hate it.
Gibby is pretty good but I don't like his voice.
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Mon 3 Sep 2012 - 17:25
Well, depends which one is your cousin. But still it's mainstream rap.
iScyko
iScyko
Registered Member

Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 5:02
Exactly why I didnt want to post it on here because the genre is different, but feedback is feedback so I appreciate it. The other one I posted lyrics isnt as mainstream as this, but in the future the lyrics wont be like this.
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 14:32
Gibby is pretty skilled, he's young and I'm sure he can find the right algorithm to open the right doors. There's a couple things here and there that could be touched up but I'm sure he can listen to his music and figure out what they are.

The first guys suck and should stick to something else. They were really bad. It was hard to watch with out getting embarrassed.

BTW, no one needs to be making Rack City Remixes anymore or fucking their hair up like that.

Kitzk
Registered Member

Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 21:57
Your cousin was whack.

Gibby sounded good. Got skills. Could always better himself though, there's alot of room for practice.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 22:06
Not trying to be disrespectful in anyway, but you're cousin needs A LOT of work if he's serious about this.

Gibby isn't bad, but he's not great either. Gibby if you're listening pal, get in that studio and perfect your craft some more son!
iScyko
iScyko
Registered Member

Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 22:50
Buddie wrote:Not trying to be disrespectful in anyway, but you're cousin needs A LOT of work if he's serious about this.

Gibby isn't bad, but he's not great either. Gibby if you're listening pal, get in that studio and perfect your craft some more son!

It gets me thinking, would it be a good idea to start off with mainstream rap then if you do get a lil fame drop the act and come out of nowhere lyrical? Has anyody done that?
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 23:09
iScyko wrote:
Buddie wrote:Not trying to be disrespectful in anyway, but you're cousin needs A LOT of work if he's serious about this.

It gets me thinking, would it be a good idea to start off with mainstream rap then if you do get a lil fame drop the act and come out of nowhere lyrical? Has anyody done that?

No, he needs to start off lyrical and using original beats if he wants to get anywhere. Just saying SwizZz 4
SFVigilante
SFVigilante
Registered Member

Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 23:28
iScyko wrote:

Does anybody think Hopsin was dope in 02? no it took him like 7 years to perfect his skills

Your brother honestly was Whack but there is still HOPE
iScyko
iScyko
Registered Member

Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 23:56
Buddie wrote:
iScyko wrote:

No, he needs to start off lyrical and using original beats if he wants to get anywhere. Just saying SwizZz 4

How about this lol... These are both old songs. His lyrics changed now that im around, I told him stop using lame one line drake punchlines and a bunch of fillers, there hasnt been any new material since the last one I posted. We worked around a ghetto ass neighborhood alot of black folks liked the songs and one was trying to sign him to his label, but their shit was too dirty south. SwizZz 3 I guess it just appeals to certain people.

I've been writing music for about 4 years but never recorded any of it because I want to perfect it, I see progression and I look at my old shit and feel embarrassed lol.. Im glad I didnt have access to a mic back then but now that I do I still dont want to record yet.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Wed 5 Sep 2012 - 0:48
His flow isn't bad, but the lyrics in that song are very sub-par and that bridge at the end should have been left off the song. He needs more practice and he should try to find something better to rap about. Just my honest opinion man!
iScyko
iScyko
Registered Member

Wed 5 Sep 2012 - 2:05
Buddie wrote:His flow isn't bad, but the lyrics in that song are very sub-par and that bridge at the end should have been left off the song. He needs more practice and he should try to find something better to rap about. Just my honest opinion man!

I know I didnt except any good feedback seeing this genre is completely different from the majority, but I just needed some feedback lol, I appreciate it.
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Thu 6 Sep 2012 - 0:21
I don't know about your cousin but that Teleport guy was a real ladykiller. We should all suck his virtual cock.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum