Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

JL Of B. Hood - BrainScatter ~ ALBUM REVIEW Empty JL Of B. Hood - BrainScatter ~ ALBUM REVIEW

Wed 22 Aug 2012 - 12:32
JL Of B. Hood - BrainScatter ~ ALBUM REVIEW 4075295355-1

JL is known for destroying verses on a lot of Strange features especially his Worldwide Choppers verse, has now come with one of the best albums of the year. The album "Brainscatter" starts off with dope rhymes, dj scratching, a banging beat and JL chopping. The next song, is my personal favorite on the album featuring the legend TECH N9NE. Even JL admits on his YT that "i ain't on Tech N9nes level". This is easily one of my favorite songs of all time, and definitely will be yours. This song has an amazing beat, killer verses and then Tech wrapping up the show with a MONSTEROUS verse. The album features Adrian Truth, Tech N9ne, Irv Da Phenom, Kutt Calhoun, VI Royal, Bre The 1st Lady, Yung Prez, & others. The first few tracks will keep you wanting me of this amazing rapper. JL then continues with a RNB type track, i'm not big on RNB but at least it's something to stand (well the chorus), unlike that shit on the radio. Irv Da Phenom than joins him on "Hustle & Flow" going crazy and wrecking the beat. The thing that makes this album even better is that his flo actually changes throughout the album, so its not the same flo over and over again. The whole album was Smartalec which did a very good job with all the beats that bang through your speakers making the album an absolute BANGER.

The Good: Awesome beats, great lyrics, constant chopping, constant flo changing. The features [especially Tech, Irv & Kutty absolute kill it].
The Bad: The few "RNB type" songs make it a bit annoying, but it easily grows on you after a few listens.
Overrall: Something you must download or buy ASAP. Something everyone should check out.

Final Score: 8.5/10 ~

Download for free/or buy here: http://jlbrainscatter.bandcamp.com/album/brain-scatter

Last edited by STRANGEgenius on Wed 22 Aug 2012 - 13:01; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar And That)
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

JL Of B. Hood - BrainScatter ~ ALBUM REVIEW Empty Re: JL Of B. Hood - BrainScatter ~ ALBUM REVIEW

Wed 22 Aug 2012 - 12:44
JL, known* (first line)
definitely* (4th sentence)
an* amazing (5th sentence)
an* absolute (last line)

Dope review though Hopsin 3 a friend of mine actually stumbled onto this at school today and showed me lol. Gonna download it tomorrow.

Last edited by Jeet on Wed 22 Aug 2012 - 12:57; edited 1 time in total
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

JL Of B. Hood - BrainScatter ~ ALBUM REVIEW Empty Re: JL Of B. Hood - BrainScatter ~ ALBUM REVIEW

Wed 22 Aug 2012 - 12:53
Jeet wrote:JL is known* (first line)
definitely* (4th sentence)
an* amazing (5th sentence)
an* absolute (last line)

Dope review though Hopsin 3 a friend of mine actually stumbled onto this at school today and showed me lol. Gonna download it tomorrow.

you were doing this on facebook :P lol.

yeah just click on the link and enter any price (yes 0.00 works) :D
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum