Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Zwis
Zwis
Banned Member

meaningfullness Empty meaningfullness

Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 11:59
http://rapgenius.com/Dizzy-wright-fuck-your-opinion-lyrics checkout line for line what hes talking about, so much meaning goes into everyy line
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

meaningfullness Empty Re: meaningfullness

Wed 22 Aug 2012 - 17:43
I think he's just got a powerful point of view. Everyone's life has meaning.

But I've never felt like he put too much complexity into his lyrics. There is meaning sure, but I think he's just saying whats real. Reality means more than anything, but if you just find a clever way to adjust your life's standpoint and issues, it will surely sound good. There's never really been a Dizzy lyric that I'm so blown away by that I'm skimming through articles and shit to find out more about the subject. To me there are two kinds of art. Sheer 100% natural knack. Someone who can just pick up anything and do it well. Then there's a type unfolded quasi-complex. Where an artist may have just been a genius in the brain and that enabled them to create something the listener wanted to hear.

Take classic Lil' Wayne for example. Entendres, word-play and metaphors everywhere. I've gone through and listened to some of his songs 5 or 6 times and learned something new every time. It's just layered thought process. Like visual abstract art.

As for the simplistic natural flow art style, you could take into perspective someone like Kid Cudi. Just that amazing sound that pours out naturally. You can tell he puts his soul into it. A lot of it is so simple but so shockingly good. Like "Day and Night" He's just talking about how the "lonely stoner" frees his mind at night. It's so simple yet there's so much to get from that. Just an everyday thing that get's put into an artistic perspective. You could compare it to a nice painting of a landscape as apposed to the abstract style Wayne brings, (brought).

As far as Dizzy goes. I think he fits into that soulful type. I feel like his work isn't fully stroke genius, but it's definitely mind blowing in it's form. He has surely got his wits but that shows through his vocabulary and flow. I don't think he has to try really hard to make a song. That says to me that he's just good at what he does.

But... The best and greatest will always (always) be a well-balanced mixture. In any art not just rap.

Biggie has got some of the deepest life stories with some of the trickiest word play ever. Pac is exactly the same. Eminem and Jay-Z both are easily noted for their lyricism and at the same time the life story which they told through music. Most people on the forums would agree that Hopsin is very good creating. Hop tells his stories of life and at the same time the punch-lines and the flow is enough to get even a new listener hooked.

An abstract piece:
meaningfullness Abstract-expressionism-slidinginhope

A piece of realism:
meaningfullness Realist-painting-summer-romance

A piece of abstract-realism:
meaningfullness Eduard-Fleminsky-Abstract-art-People-Faces-Modern-Age-Expressive-Realism

Just the way I look at it anyways. I never over-credit an artist in an area they don't deserve and I never under-credit people that put effort into certain fields of their work. Well, that was a long post...
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Wed 22 Aug 2012 - 17:52
DGCK wrote:I think he's just got a powerful point of view. Everyone's life has meaning.

But I've never felt like he put too much complexity into his lyrics. There is meaning sure, but I think he's just saying whats real. Reality means more than anything, but if you just find a clever way to adjust your life's standpoint and issues, it will surely sound good. There's never really been a Dizzy lyric that I'm so blown away by that I'm skimming through articles and shit to find out more about the subject. To me there are two kinds of art. Sheer 100% natural knack. Someone who can just pick up anything and do it well. Then there's a type unfolded quasi-complex. Where an artist may have just been a genius in the brain and that enabled them to create something the listener wanted to hear.

Take classic Lil' Wayne for example. Entendres, word-play and metaphors everywhere. I've gone through and listened to some of his songs 5 or 6 times and learned something new every time. It's just layered thought process. Like visual abstract art.

As for the simplistic natural flow art style, you could take into perspective someone like Kid Cudi. Just that amazing sound that pours out naturally. You can tell he puts his soul into it. A lot of it is so simple but so shockingly good. Like "Day and Night" He's just talking about how the "lonely stoner" frees his mind at night. It's so simple yet there's so much to get from that. Just an everyday thing that get's put into an artistic perspective. You could compare it to a nice painting of a landscape as apposed to the abstract style Wayne brings, (brought).

As far as Dizzy goes. I think he fits into that soulful type. I feel like his work isn't fully stroke genius, but it's definitely mind blowing in it's form. He has surely got his wits but that shows through his vocabulary and flow. I don't think he has to try really hard to make a song. That says to me that he's just good at what he does.

But... The best and greatest will always (always) be a well-balanced mixture. In any art not just rap.

Biggie has got some of the deepest life stories with some of the trickiest word play ever. Pac is exactly the same. Eminem and Jay-Z both are easily noted for their lyricism and at the same time the life story which they told through music. Most people on the forums would agree that Hopsin is very good creating. Hop tells his stories of life and at the same time the punch-lines and the flow is enough to get even a new listener hooked.

An abstract piece:
meaningfullness Abstract-expressionism-slidinginhope

A piece of realism:
meaningfullness Realist-painting-summer-romance

A piece of abstract-realism:
meaningfullness Eduard-Fleminsky-Abstract-art-People-Faces-Modern-Age-Expressive-Realism

Just the way I look at it anyways. I never over-credit an artist in an area they don't deserve and I never under-credit people that put effort into certain fields of their work. Well, that was a long post...

Best post of the month, tbh.
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Wed 22 Aug 2012 - 19:09
MEANINGFULLNESS:
this thread had none until DGCK posted.
whufcwesthamunited
Registered Member

Wed 22 Aug 2012 - 21:18
Props to DGCK for writing that much in one post. I'm way too lazy to do that but I did read what he wrote and I pretty much agree with him!
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 22 Aug 2012 - 23:14
I read the whole thing DGCK I would rep if I could..
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum