Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mac Miller Getting Sued For $10 Million

+8
HopsinBelgium
User Name
Nidac_7
achmed420
DGCK
GangusKahn
liftthat
41OMaXiMuS
12 posters
Go down
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Mac Miller Getting Sued For $10 Million Empty Mac Miller Getting Sued For $10 Million

Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 17:05
Mac Miller Getting Sued For $10 Million Macmiller-funnyface

Mac Miller has been named as the defendant in a new lawsuit coming from an artist by the name of Patrick Berlinquette, also known as Warm Speakers, for a whopping $10 million.

Mac sampled Warm Speakers' "The World Around You" for his Macadelic banger "Fuck Em All." According to Warm Speakers, Mac Miller didn't ask permission to sample his song, which was copyrighted in 2011.

Despite what many people think about mixtape copyright laws, Warm Speakers thinks he has a case he can win against the Blue Slide Park rapper.

In the lawsuit, Warm Speakers states:

"[Miller] uses other people’s music because it’s easier, cheaper, and faster than creating his own...."Miller seeks to capitalize on the common misconception in Copyright Law that people whose music he takes have no remedy if he gives their music away for free."

Warm Speakers is also suing Mac Miller's label Rostrum Records and the premiere free mixtape distributor DatPiff.com.

Earlier this summer, Mac Miller actually shouted Warm Speakers out on Twitter for the sample. Clearly, Warm Speakers wants to get paid, not a shout out.

SOURCE

You can add another lawsuit to that list once my boy Era & his squad get their legal shit together:

Here is the beat he stole:

liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Mac Miller Getting Sued For $10 Million Empty Re: Mac Miller Getting Sued For $10 Million

Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 17:08
lmao

mac is being sued to 2 people for 10 million each

does mac even got 20 mill? Hopsin 3
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Mac Miller Getting Sued For $10 Million Empty Re: Mac Miller Getting Sued For $10 Million

Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 17:09
liftthat wrote:lmao

mac is being sued to 2 people for 10 million

does mac even got 20 mill? Hopsin 3

Good question. I guess it's possible. I remember last time I turned on MTV at a friends house, they were having an "ALL MAC MILLER MARATHON"... they just played Mac Miller videos all fucking day. So I dunno... he's definitely well known and getting his music out there, but I have no idea what his income looks like.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gangu5Kahn?feature=mhee

Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 17:15
Dude is coked out now a days...Hope he loses everything.

DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 17:48
I can not stand the thought of this kid being well-known, but it happens.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 17:54
DGCK wrote:I can not stand the thought of this kid being well-known, but it happens.

Hahaha. I know exactly what you mean.
achmed420
achmed420
Registered Member

Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 19:31
this dude would never have gotten this big if it wasnt for him stealing lord finesse's hip 2 the game beat for his stupid kool aid and frozen pizza song. mac miller is such an idiot, he didnt even think about changing the beat up one bit he just took it straight off and recorded over it.
Nidac_7
Nidac_7
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/Nidac_7

Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 21:54
I live in a small town in Pennsylvania and kids love him. And there is no way i or anybody else can convince them that mac is a horrible rapper. If he would go bankrupt, i would have no sympathy.
User Name
User Name
Registered Member
http://kushcowboys.forumotion.com/

Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 23:43
Mac kills the song Ignorant... Fuck it, I don't mind him. He gets me hyped. I don't care about "musical messages" or any of that shit. If the beats dope and they kill it, then fuck yeah I'll bump it.
HopsinBelgium
Registered Member

Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 23:54
He's overrated. He's always talking about the same subjects, but it doesn't sound horrible at all tho. I enjoy his songs, but he gets to hyped imo

He's veryyyy popular in Europe as well.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 23:58
Mac Miller is the definition of a shitty overrated rapper.
User Name
User Name
Registered Member
http://kushcowboys.forumotion.com/

Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 2:35
I just love all kinds of music.
I can even get hyphy to this shit. RiFF RaFF is a clown but it's catchy as fuck.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 2:38
mac miller is fucking horrible and retarded.

hope he looses his money.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 14:08
I like him. His older music is great. Even though it's just mixed samples he does it really good. 10 million for a stolen beat lol. Retarded to think he can pay that much. But it's funny cause his music have changed and he needs to get back to KIDS.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 14:37
That is why hopsin said he never samples. Give that dude a break those songs arent 10 million dollar hits, so they shouldnt be sued that much
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 0:10
buddie wrote:Mac Miller is the definition of a shitty overrated rapper.
shitty? Who told you that? Jokerr?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum