Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Zwis
Zwis
Banned Member

fAITH IN JARREN?  Empty fAITH IN JARREN?

Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 22:53
HOW DO U FEEL NOW ? he killed the cypher
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

fAITH IN JARREN?  Empty Re: fAITH IN JARREN?

Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 23:48
I've never doubted that Jarren can, given the right scenario, rap (Look at Skitzo, Losin It, Ima Murder, etc). My issue with him is that his subject matter is the same as a lot of todays more mainstream artists. He's a perfect example of what hop raps AGAINST. He has some potential, but he's going to need to grow a lot as an artist. Give him another year or so with the FV crew and he'll be good, but for now he's still trash.
Hop Sadness
Hop Sadness
Registered Member

Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 5:35
Teleport wrote:I've never doubted that Jarren can, given the right scenario, rap (Look at Skitzo, Losin It, Ima Murder, etc). My issue with him is that his subject matter is the same as a lot of todays more mainstream artists. He's a perfect example of what hop raps AGAINST. He has some potential, but he's going to need to grow a lot as an artist. Give him another year or so with the FV crew and he'll be good, but for now he's still trash.
My feelings on him.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 8:19
he didnt kill that cypher dude, lol.
Zwis
Zwis
Banned Member

Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 11:25
he did dude.... the whole point of fv is to have all different types of rappers to apeal to a wide audience, jarren is always gunna be the party guy who does drugs, dizzy the weed doing christian, ect
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 11:31
Zwis wrote:he did dude.... the whole point of fv is to have all different types of rappers to apeal to a wide audience, jarren is always gunna be the party guy who does drugs, dizzy the weed doing christian, ect

jarren sounds like a wannabe shady mixed with lynch.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 12:12
STRANGEgenius wrote:he didnt kill that cypher dude, lol.

This.

I can't even fathom how someone would honestly feel like Jarren killed that cypher. TBH, nobody killed that cypher. The only person that had a decent verse was Dizzy. You know who killed that cypher? DJ Hoppa, that's who.
semaj116
Registered Member

Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 13:09
Honestly I think you guys are letting your pre-conceived opinions on Jarren get in the way of the dudes skill. He's a fucking dope MC, honestly I think there's some bias in your guys' opinions on him but that's fine to each their own :P

One thing I think we can all agree however is that Jedi dude was kinda shitty. Poor guy.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 13:17
semaj116 wrote:Honestly I think you guys are letting your pre-conceived opinions on Jarren get in the way of the dudes skill. He's a fucking dope MC, honestly I think there's some bias in your guys' opinions on him but that's fine to each their own :P

One thing I think we can all agree however is that Jedi dude was kinda shitty. Poor guy.

My pre-conceived notion of Jarren Benton was that he was dope as shit... then I realized that he only has one song I like, "Skitzo". Jarren is a dime a dozen, there are plenty of underground shockvalue rappers like him. Look at G-mo Skee for example (he is arguably much doper).

Nobody here denies that Jarren has potential. But if his peak of rapping is gonna be him shitting on white people all the time then I just don't give a fuck. This is like the 5th or 6th time I've heard this guy rapping nonsense about white people. I gaurantee 95% of his fanbase is white, makes no fucking sense. I've also caught him recycling some oldschool eminem lyrics on other songs without paying direct homage (lack of creativity).

I dunno man... he has potential, but he's not there yet IMO.
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 19:57
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
semaj116 wrote:Honestly I think you guys are letting your pre-conceived opinions on Jarren get in the way of the dudes skill. He's a fucking dope MC, honestly I think there's some bias in your guys' opinions on him but that's fine to each their own :P

My pre-conceived notion of Jarren Benton was that he was dope as shit... then I realized that he only has one song I like, "Skitzo". Jarren is a dime a dozen, there are plenty of underground shockvalue rappers like him. Look at G-mo Skee for example (he is arguably much doper).

Nobody here denies that Jarren has potential. But if his peak of rapping is gonna be him shitting on white people all the time then I just don't give a fuck. This is like the 5th or 6th time I've heard this guy rapping nonsense about white people. I gaurantee 95% of his fanbase is white, makes no fucking sense. I've also caught him recycling some oldschool eminem lyrics on other songs without paying direct homage (lack of creativity).

This. Too many of the new members just think "HOPSIN SIGNED JARREN, HES DOPE IDK WTF U GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT" and refuse to look at the evidence. Jarren is a decent rapper whos lack of creativity and terrible lyrics make him a shit one. He talks about the same thing every time "Omfg I killed this dude then I did this and I smoked that lulz i'm harcore gaiz"
It's embarrassing to put him anywhere near Hop or even Dizzy.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 20:19
Teleport wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

This. Too many of the new members just think "HOPSIN SIGNED JARREN, HES DOPE IDK WTF U GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT" and refuse to look at the evidence. Jarren is a decent rapper whos lack of creativity and terrible lyrics make him a shit one. He talks about the same thing every time "Omfg I killed this dude then I did this and I smoked that lulz i'm harcore gaiz"

Hahahaha exactly man.

I think some people on this site think I'm just a hater. Not the case. I just like to think for myself and look at things from an un-biased perspective. Hopsins word is not law.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 21:20
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
Teleport wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

Hahahaha exactly man.

I think some people on this site think I'm just a hater. Not the case. I just like to think for myself and look at things from an un-biased perspective. Hopsins word is not law.

I remember when you thought Jarren was dope.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 23:41
BabySmacker wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
Teleport wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

Hahahaha exactly man.

I remember when you thought Jarren was dope.

then he listened to his other songs.
Fitzyy
Fitzyy
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/fitzyybeatz

Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 22:56
His song with Rittz & Jon Connor is dope.

I just got that Freebasing with Kevin Bacon so ima listen to that tomorrow and see if his other shit is decent.

ps, Skitzo is a quality tune
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 0:17
Fitzyy wrote:His song with Rittz & Jon Connor is dope.

I just got that Freebasing with Kevin Bacon so ima listen to that tomorrow and see if his other shit is decent.

ps, Skitzo is a quality tune
Agreed, Skitzo is a great track. When you listen to Freebasing you'll see why we all are so disappointed with him being signed. He has potential but as of right now, most of his tracks are shit.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum