Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
King
King
Registered Member

How Dizzy got signed to FunkVolume Empty How Dizzy got signed to FunkVolume

Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 21:24
Let's talk about Funk Volume. How did you and Hopsin link up, and what led to you deciding that Funk Volume was the place you wanted to call your creative home?

I did a Def Jam competition, and I got to the finals and Dame(Ritter) who owns half of Funk Volume; he came to the finals, and I did my thang and ended up winnin the whole thing. Then I had a concert in Hollywood, and he came out to that, and I talked to him for the first time. He told me about what they had going. I had really never heard of Hopsin or Swizz. My manager Marcus, Dame was keeping in contact with him, and my manager told me that I should check them out online so I started checkin out all their videos and stuff like that, and they wanted me to be a part of it. I felt like I would fit in. I felt like I would fit in, but I felt like I would stand out at the same time. That's always a great thing because it was just perfect for me. They brought me out to California, which is something that a lot of record labels don't do either; when they have a like big artist on their label, you don't really get to meet them until you just run into them. Hop and Swizz wanted to meet me. They wanted me to come to California. So I went out there for a week, and I was just kickin it em, and gettin in the studio wit em, to just vibe out and see if I could really fit in with these dudes and it all just worked out perfect. That's how I'm here.

----------------------------------
Source (Rest of the Interview)

Last edited by King on Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 21:33; edited 1 time in total
ƒμℵκ ♬`√Θ∫μmε
ƒμℵκ ♬`√Θ∫μmε
Registered Member

How Dizzy got signed to FunkVolume Empty Re: How Dizzy got signed to FunkVolume

Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 21:32
very interesting i would like to see a interview part 2 with Hopsin,Dame, or SwizZz to see who really found Dizzy and what made them interested in Dizzy preferably compared to other rappers.hm
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum