Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conversation I had with this girl..

+10
GangusKahn
LucasTrem
Chokey
STRANGEgenius
liftthat
King
KingFlow
BoomBotz
Buddie
14 posters
Go down
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Conversation I had with this girl.. Empty Conversation I had with this girl..

Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 4:09
Not sure if this is the right section but anyway, I was talking to this girl I used to be friends with, and we just started talking again. So she asked me if Eminem was still my favorite, and I said he used to be, but not so much anymore. Then she asked me if I liked Wayne. Without hesitating, I told her my thoughts on him and how he's brainwashing people and how bad he is. She then told me "are you fuckin high? have you heard his lyrics? He's awesome!"

.........................it was probably the dumbest/most idiotic and arrogant thing i've ever heard.

Thought I'd share this random story with you guys. Has anyone else had a similar experience like this?
BoomBotz
BoomBotz
Registered Member

Conversation I had with this girl.. Empty Re: Conversation I had with this girl..

Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 4:19
oh yes...many times..
KingFlow
KingFlow
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/kingflowproductions

Conversation I had with this girl.. Empty Re: Conversation I had with this girl..

Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 4:23
Well, ur a lil extreme there, but yeah, i hear alot that wayne is the best rapper alive, hes deff not, but u gotta realize theres 2 diff kinds of rap, real talk lyrics, dealing with life or a subject, and punchlines lyrics.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 4:27
KingFlow wrote:Well, ur a lil extreme there, but yeah, i hear alot that wayne is the best rapper alive, hes deff not, but u gotta realize theres 2 diff kinds of rap, real talk lyrics, dealing with life or a subject, and punchlines lyrics.

Yeah I think that I just hate punchline lyrics, but still, I hate that everyone loves him and thinks he's the best thing since Tupac. It's ridiculous to even think of him in the Top 25 rappers right now. And I never could quite get why everybody likes his music so much. Most of it is complete garbage.
King
King
Registered Member

Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 4:42
It's not about punchline rappers or not, theres loads of great punchline rappers out there that make wayne look like a joke, theres people out there who say Lil wayne is good just because his name is Lil wayne... kind of like name brands if something looks like garbage and everyone wants it people are gonna want to go with the "trend" and if you don't like lil wayne you're a "lame"...

Its sad tbh.
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 6:14
Rule 1: Don't speak about Hip Hop to people that know very little to nothing about it. End well, it does not.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 6:19
not as bad as my friend who dated a chick and she loved hip hop and she didnt know who PAC was.
Registered Member

Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 6:58
Okay I just got Tha Carter II (Downloaded it cuz I'm not supporting that piece of shit) to see what all the hype was about, a lot of the Wayne fans, and people that listen to his shit said it was his best. So I decided why not? I'll give it a listen see if it can change my perspective a little, I haven't made it past 3 songs yet. This is his defining work? This is where he became morre lyrical? This is where he matured as an artist? WTF?!?! The first 3 songs are as horrible as the shit he puts out now, if this is his best work then it goes to show how much of a piece of shit he is. As for him being a punchline rapper, well his punchlines suck.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 7:07
HopsinFan4Life wrote:Okay I just got Tha Carter II (Downloaded it cuz I'm not supporting that piece of shit) to see what all the hype was about, a lot of the Wayne fans, and people that listen to his shit said it was his best. So I decided why not? I'll give it a listen see if it can change my perspective a little, I haven't made it past 3 songs yet. This is his defining work? This is where he became morre lyrical? This is where he matured as an artist? WTF?!?! The first 3 songs are as horrible as the shit he puts out now, if this is his best work then it goes to show how much of a piece of shit he is. As for him being a punchline rapper, well his punchlines suck.

Carter 1 > Carter 2
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 8:17
Lil Wayne is only a bad rapper when he claims shit he's not. He's a great R'n'B & hip pop rapper. A Millie is shit, Mirror on the wall is great.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 17:16
HopsinFan4Life wrote:Okay I just got Tha Carter II (Downloaded it cuz I'm not supporting that piece of shit) to see what all the hype was about, a lot of the Wayne fans, and people that listen to his shit said it was his best. So I decided why not? I'll give it a listen see if it can change my perspective a little, I haven't made it past 3 songs yet. This is his defining work? This is where he became morre lyrical? This is where he matured as an artist? WTF?!?! The first 3 songs are as horrible as the shit he puts out now, if this is his best work then it goes to show how much of a piece of shit he is. As for him being a punchline rapper, well his punchlines suck.

Yeah, and the sad thing is, those aren't even his punchlines. The dude doesn't write any of his lyrics, and personally I don't respect any MC who doesn't write his or her lyrics. And sadly, when I first started listening to Hip Hop, I thought lil Wayne was dope just because he was popular and everybody else liked him Crying

Then I realized he was the biggest piece of shit ever when I started listening to real emcees like Eminem, Tech N9ne, etc.
LucasTrem
LucasTrem
Registered Member

Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 18:04
It reminds me of yesterday. I was in a brazilian forum about hip-hop. One guy said that Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive and "hopsin sucks". I asked for arguments, then he said "No need for arguments, it is a matter of logic".
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gangu5Kahn?feature=mhee

Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 18:06
liftthat wrote:Rule 1: Don't speak about Hip Hop to people that know very little to nothing about it. End well, it does not.

Pretty much what I was gonna say...Just makes both sides look dumb.
texasiopp
texasiopp
Registered Member

Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 19:04
no lie i have a teacher whose favorite "rapper" is soulja boy....like wtf??? and he hates em and i showd him hop and he said he sucks....drive me crazy lol
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 21:15
GangusKahn wrote:
liftthat wrote:Rule 1: Don't speak about Hip Hop to people that know very little to nothing about it. End well, it does not.

Pretty much what I was gonna say...Just makes both sides look dumb.

Yeah should have followed that rule, but I chose to argue lol
AwesomeMan0710
AwesomeMan0710
Registered Member

Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 1:29
yep... i dont rly tell ppl what i think of mainstream artists right out cuz i know so many drool at the thought of their simplistic bullshit music.
Registered Member

Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 4:09
Mainstream has brainwashed society, in their eyes there ain't no real shit in yo playlist.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 16:15
Lil Wayne is the 'Call Of Duty' of Rap

And dayum, that's definitely going in my sig, lol.

Annnnd you should smack that dumb bitch with your dick.

Last edited by 41OMaXiMuS on Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 16:23; edited 1 time in total
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 16:23
41OMaXiMuS wrote:Lil Wayne is the 'Call Of Duty' of Rap

Who said that? Cant find it
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 16:24
GangusKahn wrote:

I did, becasue I'm a fucking genuis. Call Of Duty comparison is PERFECT for Lil Wayne... can't believe I never though of this before.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 16:42
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:

I did, becasue I'm a fucking genuis. Call Of Duty comparison is PERFECT for Lil Wayne... can't believe I never though of this before.

Im lost
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 16:44
GangusKahn wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:

Im lost

Follow the light.
JohnnyRottenSeed
JohnnyRottenSeed
Registered Member

Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 18:45
Drought 3 is one of the greatest, most influential albums/mixtapes ever..

every rapper post drought 3 was consciously or subconsciously influenced by it..

he brought the metaphor/analogy, clever pop-culture references game to what it is today

all his mainstream stuff is shit...

the carter II is good in context.. listen to the drought 3 and dedication first

part of the problem is. his style was so influential that it's beaten to death now.. but when that shit first dropped in '07 WOW Big Grin

first song on the mixtape

Last edited by JohnnyRottenSeed on Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 18:54; edited 1 time in total
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 18:52
JohnnyRottenSeed wrote:Drought 3 is one of the greatest, most influential albums/mixtapes ever..

every rapper post drought 3 was consciously or subconsciously influenced by it..

he brought the metaphor/analogy, clever pop-culture references game to what it is today

part of the problem is. his style was so influential that it's beaten to death now.. but when that shit first dropped in '07 WOW Big Grin

Conversation I had with this girl.. Kcj
JohnnyRottenSeed
JohnnyRottenSeed
Registered Member

Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 18:56
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
JohnnyRottenSeed wrote:Drought 3 is one of the greatest, most influential albums/mixtapes ever..

Conversation I had with this girl.. Kcj

okay now i understand big-ups Thumbs Up
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum