Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was the "Am I A Psycho" Music Video a disappointment?

+15
BigShitPoppin
CHA53
AwesomeMan0710
ThatGuy
41OMaXiMuS
STRANGEgenius
JohnnyRottenSeed
Frankie
GangusKahn
PreTroll
adeem
Chokey
King
BabySmacker
Buddie
19 posters
Go down

What do you think?

12 - 43%
16 - 57%

Total Votes: 28

Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Was the "Am I A Psycho" Music Video a disappointment? Empty Was the "Am I A Psycho" Music Video a disappointment?

Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 22:42
When I first heard of the news of the "Am I A Psycho" Music Video, I was pumped and couldn't wait to see it. I seriously thought it could have had anywhere between 2-8 million views. Boy was I wrong. Even though the video was on MTV's Sucker Free Countdown, the official video on youtube only has 154,619 views. It has been about a week since it dropped and a video with 3 very good rappers with millions of fans combined should have had a lot more views then that.

Personally, I think Hopsin could have made a lot better video on a much lower budget than StrangeMusic did. The video was unimpressive to me, and showed a lack of creativity. That's why I think this video was a big disappointment. What are your thoughts on the video?
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Was the "Am I A Psycho" Music Video a disappointment? Empty Re: Was the "Am I A Psycho" Music Video a disappointment?

Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 22:45
The video wasn't as good as it could have been. Maybe it was the hype. I'm not sure.

The video SHOULD have a lot of views, but it was released on MTV's website before YouTube. Which kind of killed the buzz because it's not like millions of people go MTV's website, right? MTV doesn't cater to people that give a shit about websites like that. Too add, I'm sure MTV's Sucker Free Countdown added some buzz to it, but mostly for Tech N9ne.
King
King
Registered Member

Was the "Am I A Psycho" Music Video a disappointment? Empty Re: Was the "Am I A Psycho" Music Video a disappointment?

Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 22:53
It was alright, not anything that stands out but it's good for what it is.

Realistically the video would have 500,000 views if you remove all the copies, still expected more

Yes Hopsin is a better director than Liquid Nine imo, regardless of budget...

Conclusion: Video is cool but could of been a lot better and made to attract a huge audience.
I was waiting for something interesting to happen from start to finish lol.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 23:04
Hopsin videos > other videos. Therefore it was a dissapointment. Hopsin's part maked no sense. Wtf was he doing? Walking alone at the street with a chainsaw and just randomly joining Tech? To me it was just to random and weird.
adeem
adeem
Registered Member

Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 23:07
Premiering the video on MTV is what fucked up the views for the video. It easily would have had 1 million+ views by now if they would have uploaded it to the official strange music youtube account.

And to the forum topic; yes, it was a disappointment. Extremely uncreative video with no highlights. Hop just walked down a street and rapped his part, where's the creativity?
adeem
adeem
Registered Member

Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 23:08
Still a pretty big achievement for Hop to be on MTV tough.
King
King
Registered Member

Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 23:34
If Hopsin had the budget for Am I a psycho he would make a masterpeicce, but I think people are forgetting this is not hopsins video hes just in it lol.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 23:39
King wrote:If Hopsin had the budget for Am I a psycho he would make a masterpeicce, but I think people are forgetting this is not hopsins video hes just in it lol.

Yeah true, but it seems like everything in this video was just uncreative.
PreTroll
PreTroll
Registered Member

Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 0:08
People are blinded by the theme of the song "including me".
So its only normal to be disappointed because we expected something creative and more "psycho".

Kill her > Am I a psycho
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gangu5Kahn?feature=mhee

Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 0:34
Yall got your expectations way too high...shit was dope
Frankie
Administrator
https://twitter.com/HopsinForums

Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 0:39
Not really a disappointment for me, kind of knew what to expect with this one with the whole horror theme to it and all.
JohnnyRottenSeed
JohnnyRottenSeed
Registered Member

Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 2:00
cmon.. why'd u have to phrase it. like this

Yes, the video was a disappointment!
No, the video was fucking dope!

there should be an in between option..

i didn't have high expectations.. it wasn't his song.. so he prolly had little control on how it went down..

it was ightt.. maybe even a little cool..

so no not "fuckin dope" and no not a disappointment :/
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 2:16
JohnnyRottenSeed wrote:cmon.. why'd u have to phrase it. like this

Yes, the video was a disappointment!
No, the video was fucking dope!

there should be an in between option..

i didn't have high expectations.. it wasn't his song.. so he prolly had little control on how it went down..

it was ightt.. maybe even a little cool..

so no not "fuckin dope" and no not a disappointment :/

I was going to put "kind of, but it was nothing special" as one of the options, but decided to keep it simple.

As for the video, the views speak for itself. Hop SimonSin has more views than this
King
King
Registered Member

Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 2:45
The only Tag in the video was Tech n9ne and tags are important for a video, plus they released the video late on youtube so all of those copies hogged views.

They should of just premiered it on youtube right before it got to MTV..
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 3:12
GangusKahn wrote:Yall got your expectations way too high...shit was dope

pretty much this.

remember they did also have to keep it a bit clean for mtv.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 18:10
Hopsins part was dope, but Tech N9ne and B.O.B.'s parts were a little flat.
ThatGuy
ThatGuy
Registered Member

Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 20:07
I didn't let myself build up much hype around it but tbh I thought it was a shit video. Its like Hopsin showed up at the set and all they said to him was "so we are gonna dress like a crazy guy and give you a chainsaw but you aren't gonna do anything with it you're just gonna walk around with it in your hand and look uncomfortable"
AwesomeMan0710
AwesomeMan0710
Registered Member

Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 20:09
buddie wrote:When I first heard of the news of the "Am I A Psycho" Music Video, I was pumped and couldn't wait to see it. I seriously thought it could have had anywhere between 2-8 million views. Boy was I wrong. Even though the video was on MTV's Sucker Free Countdown, the official video on youtube only has 154,619 views. It has been about a week since it dropped and a video with 3 very good rappers with millions of fans combined should have had a lot more views then that.

Personally, I think Hopsin could have made a lot better video on a much lower budget than StrangeMusic did. The video was unimpressive to me, and showed a lack of creativity. That's why I think this video was a big disappointment. What are your thoughts on the video?

Totally agree. it was generic. Hopsin walking down the street at night in the cold with a chainsaw...tech having on a cheesy mask and just rapping while walking around 2 tied up ppl...and b.o.b. in a sweater and glasses trying to look psychotic....

coulda been way better. because its all about being psychos, and there wasn't much showcasing psychotic actions, it was a disappointment.
King
King
Registered Member

Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 21:04
That place was Bobs (Norman bates) house and he tied the two people up in there then left them there so the two killers (Michael myers, Jason) can deal with it, Bob watches them as they go on and enjoys himself.

They tried to rein-act a realistic psycho feel, but a lot of people feel boredom from it and most don't even understand the video. They were better off throwing blood everywhere and blowing stuff up and using mindless action because that's what attracts most viewers i guess.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 22:10
King wrote:That place was Bobs (Norman bates) house and he tied the two people up in there then left them there so the two killers (Michael myers, Jason) can deal with it, Bob watches them as they go on and enjoys himself.

They tried to rein-act a realistic psycho feel, but a lot of people feel boredom from it and most don't even understand the video. They were better off throwing blood everywhere and blowing stuff up and using mindless action because that's what attracts most viewers i guess.

I understood what was going on, but the story was bad as well. How did the 2 people get there? why did Hopsin just randomly walk to the house to help Tech? And all they did after that, was look at the people tied up and tried to act psychotic which looked very awkward. And B.O.B's part wasn't psychotic at all
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 22:11
King wrote:That place was Bobs (Norman bates) house and he tied the two people up in there then left them there so the two killers (Michael myers, Jason) can deal with it, Bob watches them as they go on and enjoys himself.

I understood what was going on, but the story was bad as well. How did the 2 people get there? why did Hopsin just randomly walk to the house to help Tech? And all they did after that, was look at the people tied up and tried to act psychotic which looked very awkward. And B.O.B's part wasn't psychotic at all
CHA53
Registered Member

Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 22:41
buddie wrote:

Was the "Am I A Psycho" Music Video a disappointment? Bobeg

bob was playing norman bates in the movie psycho, look it up.. I thought he did pretty good. I don't think the video was a dissapointment at all, but there could have been more going on.

Last edited by CHA53 on Tue 31 Jan 2012 - 2:31; edited 1 time in total
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 31 Jan 2012 - 1:56
Psycho is Norman Bates thats what B.o.B. plays.

Watch the movie.
BigShitPoppin
BigShitPoppin
Registered Member

Tue 31 Jan 2012 - 21:16
Shit went hella hard. You dont need to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on a video when the music is actually dope.
AwesomeMan0710
AwesomeMan0710
Registered Member

Wed 1 Feb 2012 - 5:15
buddie wrote:

i feel that way exactly.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum