Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Registered Member

Earth Like Planet Confirmed Empty Earth Like Planet Confirmed

Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:57
Astronomers have confirmed the existence of an Earth-like world orbiting a star like our Sun in its "habitable zone".

The planet, Kepler 22-b, lies about 600 light-years away and
is about 2.4 times the size of Earth, and has a temperature of about
22C.

Earth Like Planet Confirmed _5714610
Click the source for the video
Source
Jake The Dog
Jake The Dog
Banned Member

Earth Like Planet Confirmed Empty Re: Earth Like Planet Confirmed

Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:11
We gonna live there after 2012
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gangu5Kahn?feature=mhee

Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:46
Hmm the video said its the closest yet...

But they found this one that is only 22 light years away

GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:47
And I read about one 30 light years away, and I swear back in like 06 I remember reading about one that was like 9 light years away...weird tho, can't find anything on them.
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:52
I swear I heard about this a loooong time ago and then it became irrelevant all of a sudden.
wtf
Jake The Dog
Jake The Dog
Banned Member

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 1:10
Is anyone else paranoid of this? Like, what if on that planet they see Earth and make threads like this on their forums? I just fucked my mind.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 1:16
Jake The Dog wrote:Is anyone else paranoid of this? Like, what if on that planet they see Earth and make threads like this on their forums? I just fucked my mind.

That'd be great...lol.

That's assuming that said extraterrestrials aren't YEARS ahead of us mentally wise.

The thing with these types of things, not every ET(if they're out there) is going to need/be able to live in a habitat like ours.
Fitzyy
Fitzyy
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/fitzyybeatz

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 1:21
It's cool as fuck to think that there might be a whole new different life form on an other planet in space but I doubt we would ever find out, maybe in about 5 generations time lol
Matt Meyer
Matt Meyer
Registered Member

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 1:21
i always laugh when scientists think that life on another planet would need the same elements that we need for life.... it's a whole different planet we don't know shit about it.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 1:22
Matt Meyer wrote:i always laugh when scientists think that life on another planet would need the same elements that we need for life.... it's a whole different planet we don't know shit about it.

Exactly. Repped. Thumbs Up
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 1:57
Matt Meyer wrote:i always laugh when scientists think that life on another planet would need the same elements that we need for life.... it's a whole different planet we don't know shit about it.

They base their theories on the laws of physics...In order for life to be sustainable there has to be certain elements present. I think what you mean is that there could be somethin other than life out there that scientists can't explain. Like another form of life, but we wouldn't call it life...Life as we know it requires these elements, but there could be something living with other elements...If that was the case we couldn't call it life tho....makes you think.
Matt Meyer
Matt Meyer
Registered Member

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 2:02
GangusKahn wrote:

They base their theories on the laws of physics...In order for life to be sustainable there has to be certain elements present. I think what you mean is that there could be somethin other than life out there that scientists can't explain. Like another form of life, but we wouldn't call it life...Life as we know it requires these elements, but there could be something living with other elements...If that was the case we couldn't call it life tho....makes you think.
not on our planet it wouldn't be life....

but whos to say there isn't a whole planet full of life somewhere but the planet has no water on it. i don't think we should assume that what is necisary on this planet for life is consistent with life on other planets.
Jake The Dog
Jake The Dog
Banned Member

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 2:04
GangusKahn wrote:

I think he just basically means that in the way living things on Earth need water for life, maybe life on other planets don't need water, but like, other things. It seems logical to be honest. I don't honestly see why just because us Earthlings need water to live, that everything in the universe needs water to live.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 2:10
Yeah but terms like living and life are dubbed by scientists to explain how life "As we know it" exists....If life "Or something that replicates life" exists with by different means we wouldn't be able to call it "Life"..

Imagine if there was a color other than that on the color wheel...Like Red, Yellow, and Blue are the 3 primary colors...Imagine if you saw a color that didn't consist of any of those 3...Think about shit like that and open your mind...there's a lot of trippy shit goin on in our heads.
Matt Meyer
Matt Meyer
Registered Member

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 2:11
Jake The Dog wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:

I think he just basically means that in the way living things on Earth need water for life, maybe life on other planets don't need water, but like, other things. It seems logical to be honest. I don't honestly see why just because us Earthlings need water to live, that everything in the universe needs water to live.
yeah that's what i'm getting at.
Matt Meyer
Matt Meyer
Registered Member

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 2:12
GangusKahn wrote:Yeah but terms like living and life are dubbed by scientists to explain how life "As we know it" exists....If life "Or something that replicates life" exists with by different means we wouldn't be able to call it "Life"..

Imagine if there was a color other than that on the color wheel...Like Red, Yellow, and Blue are the 3 primary colors...Imagine if you saw a color that didn't consist of any of those 3...Think about shit like that and open your mind...there's a lot of trippy shit goin on in our heads.
i'm colorblind :/
lolololol but that would be crazy
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 2:12
Matt Meyer wrote:
Jake The Dog wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:

Something that can survive without water is not living...Its doing something else...See what I'm saying?
Matt Meyer
Matt Meyer
Registered Member

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 2:16
GangusKahn wrote:
Matt Meyer wrote:
Jake The Dog wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:

Something that can survive without water is not living...Its doing something else...See what I'm saying?
only to our definition tho...
but litterally if an alien came to earth on a UFO and was billions of generations smarter then us, but that alien did not need water to function. you wouldn't call it living just because it doesn't need water?
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 2:18
You both have valid points.
King
King
Registered Member

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 2:20
Its been said that animal known as the "water bear" came from another planet and they can survive most conditions and stay alive for years.
Earth Like Planet Confirmed 0711waterbear
Earth Like Planet Confirmed Waterbear
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 2:21
Matt Meyer wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:
Matt Meyer wrote:
Jake The Dog wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:

only to our definition tho...
but litterally if an alien came to earth on a UFO and was billions of generations smarter then us, but that alien did not need water to function. you wouldn't call it living just because it doesn't need water?

Our definition is all we know though. If an alien were to come down and present another form of "Life" then we would dub it a new word....This happens every day tho, we call them inventions or discoveries....All I'm saying is that it would be called something else, we wouldn't just say "Life" anymore...it gets way more complicated with the presents of new facts...The laws of physics would literally all have to change.
Matt Meyer
Matt Meyer
Registered Member

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 2:34
shit's complicated son
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 2:58
Matt Meyer wrote:shit's complicated son

Yeah it is lol Thumbs Up
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 4:45
welllllll i cant be fucked moving 22 light years.
Jake The Dog
Jake The Dog
Banned Member

Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 11:22
But if a thing's alive it should be considered life though. Shit's confusing.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum