Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Rockstar Confirms Bully 2? Empty Rockstar Confirms Bully 2?

Sat 19 Nov 2011 - 13:02
A sequel to 2006's PlayStation 2 classic Bully could be in the offing once Rockstar has finished with Max Payne 3, according to Rockstar Games VP Dan Houser. In a recent interview with Gamasutra, Houser explained that the company favours the method of leaving a gap between games, rather than rushing into a sequel.

Rockstar Vancouver developed the original Bully, but the dev is currently polishing up and finishing work on Max Payne 3, which means the next project in its sights could be Bully 2.

"Contrary to a lot of people, we like to take a little bit of time at the end of a game before starting a sequel, so we can wait for the excitement or disappointment and everything else of the experience to shake down and really see what we should do in the next game," Houser explained. "So we knew that we didn't want to start doing the Bully sequel instantly at that second with those guys - even though it is a property that, like Max, we adore and might come back to in the future. There was just no impetus to do that then."

"So we said, 'You can do Max, and then we will see what we can do with Bully'," Houser added. "So it was really waiting for the slot to open up and the group to open up to at least start work on it."

With Max Payne 3 due for release in March 2012, it's entirely possible that Rockstar Vancouver might start up development on Bully 2, not forgetting that Rockstar also has a little game called Grand Theft Auto V on its radar too. A sequel to Bully would be hugely welcome though, and this is the second hint that it could be on the cards, with composer Shawn Lee mentioning that he'd be working on the soundtrack back in 2009.

Rockstar Confirms Bully 2? Bully2

SourCe
Anonymous

Rockstar Confirms Bully 2? Empty Re: Rockstar Confirms Bully 2?

Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 8:16
FUUUUUCK! I want to see how Bully 2 would look so bad. First one was such a classic.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 8:51
Lube wrote:FUUUUUCK! I want to see how Bully 2 would look so bad. First one was such a classic.

fucking agree.
Anonymous

Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 11:08
Damn this game brings back a lot of good memories. Hope they do go ahead and announce Bully 2 after they release Max Payne 3.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 11:54
Mr. Knocks wrote:Damn this game brings back a lot of good memories. Hope they do go ahead and announce Bully 2 after they release Max Payne 3.

if they annouce Bully 2 and RDR 2 at the same time, i'd go fucking crazy.
DJ Twigg
DJ Twigg
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwiggThaDJ

Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 16:54
Fruck yes! :D
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 20:07
DJ Twigg wrote:Fruck yes! :D

lol "fruck"
DJ Twigg
DJ Twigg
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwiggThaDJ

Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 3:04
STRANGEgenius wrote:
DJ Twigg wrote:Fruck yes! :D

lol "fruck"

I use it a lot now, inspired by Mr. Joe Budden aka the Mood Gawd *bows*
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 4:08
STRANGEgenius wrote:
Mr. Knocks wrote:Damn this game brings back a lot of good memories. Hope they do go ahead and announce Bully 2 after they release Max Payne 3.

RDR 2 should never ever happen. Ever.

anywhoo....I have so many fond memories of Bully, nostalgia everywhere. I would love to play a second Bully.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 4:53
iSmackBabies666 wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:

anywhoo....I have so many fond memories of Bully, nostalgia everywhere. I would love to play a second Bully.

why not RDR 2?
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 4:56
STRANGEgenius wrote:
iSmackBabies666 wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:

why not RDR 2?

I really don't wanna derail the thread, but...you know what happens at the end of RDR. There's nothing left to do in it. I just don't think it needs a sequel. The game is amazing on it's one. A sequel will just hurt it, imo.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 6:01
iSmackBabies666 wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:
iSmackBabies666 wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:

why not RDR 2?

I really don't wanna derail the thread, but...you know what happens at the end of RDR. There's nothing left to do in it. I just don't think it needs a sequel. The game is amazing on it's one. A sequel will just hurt it, imo.

well it is Rockstar. They could just make a completely different storyline and make new characters.
rollin4em
Registered Member

Thu 1 Dec 2011 - 4:53
a new bully game would be great
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Thu 1 Dec 2011 - 16:53
STRANGEgenius wrote:
iSmackBabies666 wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:
iSmackBabies666 wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:

why not RDR 2?

well it is Rockstar. They could just make a completely different storyline and make new characters.

You do know Red Dead Redemption is already a sequel to another game, right? And ok, the ending to RDR is permanent... but we still don't know much about John Marston. A prequel would be amazing and I bet you that's what they do.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Thu 1 Dec 2011 - 20:05
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:
iSmackBabies666 wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:
iSmackBabies666 wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:

why not RDR 2?

You do know Red Dead Redemption is already a sequel to another game, right? And ok, the ending to RDR is permanent... but we still don't know much about John Marston. A prequel would be amazing and I bet you that's what they do.

I'll kill myself. srs.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Thu 1 Dec 2011 - 20:10
iSmackBabies666 wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:
iSmackBabies666 wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:
iSmackBabies666 wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:

why not RDR 2?

I'll kill myself. srs.

y u no want more RDR?? Crying
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Thu 1 Dec 2011 - 20:12
because....I fucking LOVED RDR, but I just don't think it needs any more games. It seems like it would just kill the game. Maybe a prequel...I'd probably still play a sequel/prequel, despite the fact I'm against it.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Thu 1 Dec 2011 - 20:14
iSmackBabies666 wrote:because....I fucking LOVED RDR, but I just don't think it needs any more games. It seems like it would just kill the game. Maybe a prequel...I'd probably still play a sequel/prequel, despite the fact I'm against it.

Yeah thats what I want is a prequel where you still play as John Marston. That would be awesome. A sequel would be gay tho, I don't like playing as his son at all.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Thu 1 Dec 2011 - 20:15
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
iSmackBabies666 wrote:because....I fucking LOVED RDR, but I just don't think it needs any more games. It seems like it would just kill the game. Maybe a prequel...I'd probably still play a sequel/prequel, despite the fact I'm against it.

Yeah thats what I want is a prequel where you still play as John Marston. That would be awesome. A sequel would be gay tho, I don't like playing as his son at all.

John Marston > Jack Marston
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Thu 1 Dec 2011 - 20:54
iSmackBabies666 wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

John Marston > Jack Marston

agreed
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Fri 2 Dec 2011 - 17:08
Anyway, I never beat Bully 1. TBH I only played it for like 2 hours.... is there an HD version I can get?? And do you think I would still like it even tho it's an old game?
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Fri 2 Dec 2011 - 19:48
41OMaXiMuS wrote:Anyway, I never beat Bully 1. TBH I only played it for like 2 hours.... is there an HD version I can get?? And do you think I would still like it even tho it's an old game?

I don't know if there's an HD version. I do, however, know they re-released it. I know the 360 for sure.

I also think you'll like it.
Chicka Chicka Mr Davey
Chicka Chicka Mr Davey
Registered Member

Fri 2 Dec 2011 - 20:09
Aparently these kids make an apperance in it

STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Fri 2 Dec 2011 - 21:10
iSmackBabies666 wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:Anyway, I never beat Bully 1. TBH I only played it for like 2 hours.... is there an HD version I can get?? And do you think I would still like it even tho it's an old game?

I don't know if there's an HD version. I do, however, know they re-released it. I know the 360 for sure.

I also think you'll like it.

yeah theres a re-released directors cut for 360.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum