Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gangu5Kahn?feature=mhee

An Idea for us to call upon each other Empty An Idea for us to call upon each other

Sun 23 Oct 2011 - 21:58
Sometimes I will respond to someone's question or comment in a thread but never know if they read it. And it'd be kind of a hassle to PM them the link.

What if there was a way to like recommend someone to a thread or send an alert to a certain person for specific thread posts. This could also help if there is someone breaking a rule and a mod needs to be called to the thread....Anyone of implementing this Frankie?

Imagine like a drop down menu of all members and you can highlight the members you want to call...click "Recommend" or whatever, then they get a notification.

Idk, this kinda sounds weird in my head after reading it...but maybe some of you will have some input on this too.
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

An Idea for us to call upon each other Empty Re: An Idea for us to call upon each other

Sun 23 Oct 2011 - 21:59
you mean.......subscribing to a thread?
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

An Idea for us to call upon each other Empty Re: An Idea for us to call upon each other

Sun 23 Oct 2011 - 22:01
liftthat wrote:you mean.......subscribing to a thread?

I'm not sure what you mean by that....

But imagine after you just posted this comment here....and you went offline for a couple days.

I wanted you to see this reply so I could send you some sort of alert to read this post without you having to search for this thread again.

Eventually there are going to be so many threads that they will get lost fast...we're not gonna be able to click through em all
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Sun 23 Oct 2011 - 22:21
I like this idea.
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Sun 23 Oct 2011 - 22:24
GangusKahn wrote:

But imagine after you just posted this comment here....and you went offline for a couple days.

I wanted you to see this reply so I could send you some sort of alert to read this post without you having to search for this thread again.

Eventually there are going to be so many threads that they will get lost fast...we're not gonna be able to click through em all

I think you mean like a subscribe button.

On a different forum I go to they have that, cause there is so many threads and shit they get pushed back PAGES in only a matter of hours. So at the top of the thread there is a "subscribe" button. When you log on the next day, week, month, whatever thread(s) that you subscribed to will show up right away.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Sun 23 Oct 2011 - 22:29
liftthat wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:

On a different forum I go to they have that, cause there is so many threads and shit they get pushed back PAGES in only a matter of hours. So at the top of the thread there is a "subscribe" button. When you log on the next day, week, month, whatever thread(s) that you subscribed to will show up right away.

Yes that would work too...In fact your Idea is better imho...

That way your not getting notified all the time, you can decide on what threads you want to keep track of.

I think what you mean is like a "Tracking" option right? Where there is a whole personal list of forums that you can track and untrack at any time.
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Sun 23 Oct 2011 - 22:38
GangusKahn wrote:
liftthat wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:

Yes that would work too...In fact your Idea is better imho...

That way your not getting notified all the time, you can decide on what threads you want to keep track of.

I think what you mean is like a "Tracking" option right? Where there is a whole personal list of forums that you can track and untrack at any time.

exactly. I could take screens of it from another forum so you guys could see how this works.
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Sun 23 Oct 2011 - 22:52
Alright so this is how the subscribe button works on a different forum.

here we are, strolling around the music section, OH LOOK...you see a thread you like?
well, you enter the thread.
An Idea for us to call upon each other 1zv94av
https://2img.net/h/oi55.tinypic.com/1zv94av.jpg

once after entering the thread, you find the subscribe button.
An Idea for us to call upon each other 6e7lv
https://i.imgur.com/6e7lv.png

whenever you log back on, just check your "usercp"
BOOM, all the threads you have ever subscribed to are right there for you to view/post in/whatever. the thread could be 4 years old and it will be right there.
An Idea for us to call upon each other RB1Pu

simple as that
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Registered Member

Sun 23 Oct 2011 - 23:13
could do it like facebook were you mention someone in a comment by @name
in a thread if you want someone to see it you just @username and it comes up in there messages , they do it on studioleaks
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Sun 23 Oct 2011 - 23:21
Thumbs Up
Anonymous

Mon 24 Oct 2011 - 2:48
Dude, just "Watch this topic for replies", it's at the bottom of the page in every thread. I use that shit all the time. Exactly the same thing bro.
Frankie
Administrator
https://twitter.com/HopsinForums

Mon 24 Oct 2011 - 2:51
Lube wrote:Dude, just "Watch this topic for replies", it's at the bottom of the page in every thread. I use that shit all the time. Exactly the same thing bro.

Was about to post this. After you watch a thread, just go to your profile and click the tab and you'll be able to see what threads you're currently watching. Thumbs Up
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Mon 24 Oct 2011 - 2:58
Wow I never saw that lol...My bad..
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Mon 24 Oct 2011 - 2:59
GangusKahn wrote:Wow I never saw that lol...My bad..

lol this

my mind is blown I've never noticed that
Frankie
Administrator
https://twitter.com/HopsinForums

Mon 24 Oct 2011 - 3:00
Lol yeah, no worries. I probably should have given a heads up on that earlier.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Mon 24 Oct 2011 - 3:00
You gotta admit it is kinda hard to find lol...It should be bold at least lol...but glad I know where it is now lol
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Mon 24 Oct 2011 - 6:02
at least you realised there is a VIEW POSTS SINCE LAST VISIT.

it took me 3 months to figure that there was 1.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Mon 24 Oct 2011 - 6:35
Why is this the only page I can view on the forums? Ahhhhhhhhhhh
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Mon 24 Oct 2011 - 10:21
GangusKahn wrote:Why is this the only page I can view on the forums? Ahhhhhhhhhhh

wtf? :/
Anonymous

Mon 24 Oct 2011 - 11:14
GangusKahn wrote:Why is this the only page I can view on the forums? Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Lolwut.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Mon 24 Oct 2011 - 14:38
Like 10 hours ago the forums were all weird for me...Its normal now tho
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Mon 24 Oct 2011 - 20:57
GangusKahn wrote:Like 10 hours ago the forums were all weird for me...Its normal now tho

I had the same problem bro. When I clicked forum it went straight to home. Couldn't post or view the actual forum.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum