Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JohnnyRottenSeed
JohnnyRottenSeed
Registered Member

Hip-Hops new generation of Teen angst Empty Hip-Hops new generation of Teen angst

Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 17:14

This Is a Great Article Off Hip-Hop DX - http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/editorials/id.1740/title.em-and-them-hip-hops-new-generation-of-teen-angst

Hopsin gets a mention

selling teen angst from those way beyond the Teenage years

"In the meantime, I’m drawn to the irony that Tyler, the Creator—someone clearly influenced both by Eminem’s penchant for shock value and teen angst—has beef with what he calls the ever-growing group of “post-Drake ass, cliché, jerkin’, LA/Slauson rapping, fuck nigga ass Hypebeast niggas.” And Hopsin—someone who has studied Em’s use of melody, shock value, angst and self-deprecation—dislikes Tyler. Both of them have an affinity for contact lenses, things wolf related and rhymes that channel teen angst. For that matter, all of the emcees mentioned above have their merits, and I would argue that they have more in common with each other than they think.

On “Yonkers,” Tyler is telling his therapist about his daddy issues, while hoping B.o.B and Bruno Mars’ airplane crashes. Hopsin takes shots at Tyler, while joking about chronic masturbation on the same track. Meanwhile B.o.B is contemplating his post-mixtape backlash and Drake is hurt that Rihanna allegedly used him. As an 80’s baby, it’s all a little too touchy-feely for my tastes…but, to each his own."
Anonymous

Hip-Hops new generation of Teen angst Empty Re: Hip-Hops new generation of Teen angst

Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 23:25
Drake is such a cunt imo, he'd be a better R&B singer than he is rapper.

Anonymous

Hip-Hops new generation of Teen angst Empty Re: Hip-Hops new generation of Teen angst

Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 0:01
Lube wrote:Drake is such a cunt imo, he'd be a better R&B singer than he is rapper.

ditto.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum