Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Registered Member

Watch out Shia LeBeouf could be stealing your thoughts Empty Watch out Shia LeBeouf could be stealing your thoughts

Wed 18 Dec 2013 - 12:30
Ok so there is this story going around now about Shia that's quite humorous.

So Shia LeBeouf made this short film awhile back and only this week was it released for everyone to view. It turns out he plagiarized this guy's (Daniel Clowes) work. He basically stole everything from his 2008 graphic novel word for word. You might say, Hollywood steals all the time, what's the problem? Well Shia LeBeouf gave the guy no credit whatsoever, not even a flash of his name in the credits. He said this about the film when first making it. "As I tried to empathize with the sort of man who might earn a living taking potshots at me and the people I've worked with, a small script developed." Lol wasn't even his work.

So then he was forced to make an apology, and he did.

Shia LaBeouf ‏@thecampaignbook
Copying isn't particularly creative work. Being inspired by someone else's idea to produce something new and different IS creative work.

In my excitement and naiveté as an amateur filmmaker, I got lost in the creative process and neglected to follow proper accreditation

Im embarrassed that I failed to credit @danielclowes for his original graphic novella Justin M. Damiano, which served as my inspiration

I was truly moved by his piece of work & I knew that it would make a poignant & relevant short. I apologize to all who assumed I wrote it.

I fucked up.

You'd think that would be the end of it, and we could put this whole thing to rest right? Wrong, lol. It turns out, the first part of the apology was also plagiarized, this time from a post by someone named Lili on Yahoo Answers 4 years ago.

Merely copying isn't particularly creative work, though it's useful as training and practice. Being inspired by someone else's idea to produce something new and different IS creative work, and it may even revolutionalize the "stolen" concept.

Watch out Shia LeBeouf could be stealing your thoughts Son-300x224

If you'd like to read the yahoo articles, I will post the links below.

YAHOO

YAHOO #2
Hunter
Hunter
Registered Member

Watch out Shia LeBeouf could be stealing your thoughts Empty Re: Watch out Shia LeBeouf could be stealing your thoughts

Wed 18 Dec 2013 - 15:21
LMFAO. I died at him plagiarizing the apology. From fuckin Yahoo answers too, couldn't he just write a quick apology instead of probably taking more time to find that YA post?
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Watch out Shia LeBeouf could be stealing your thoughts Empty Re: Watch out Shia LeBeouf could be stealing your thoughts

Wed 18 Dec 2013 - 21:49
Other 17 
lol smh
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Wed 18 Dec 2013 - 23:38
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Wed 18 Dec 2013 - 23:47
Watch out Shia LeBeouf could be stealing your thoughts Ku-xlarge
King
King
Registered Member

Thu 19 Dec 2013 - 4:17
 Hopsin 3 He knows what hes doing tbh.

"As I tried to empathize with the sort of man who might earn a living taking potshots at me and the people I've worked with, a small script developed."

Let that sink in for a minute.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum