Hopsin Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anthony Fantano Reviews "Knock Madness"

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Buddie

Registered Member

I agree with a lot of the points he made. I'm not surprised by how low he rated the album either.

hopsintupac

Registered Member
Saw this and I don't agree with it but I wasn't suprised he gave it a low rating and I can respect his opinion at least.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hopsintupac

AlwaysRaw

News Poster
Been waiting for this

EDIT:
I definitely agreed with him at parts and didn't agree on some points. I don't really pay much to the ratings at the end. But he did the classic "GIHHME BACK MY HOMIEE" so you can say I got what I wanted from this.

King

Registered Member
I agree HipHop Sinister is a great track, lives up to it's hype tbh.
Passionate MC was the best feature by far, his entire verse is a quotable.

I predicted he would give it a a weak 6 or something but damn he rated this lower than dizzy's mixtape lol.

Buddie

Registered Member
King wrote:I agree HipHop Sinister is a great track, lives up to it's hype tbh.
Passionate MC was the best feature by far, his entire verse is a quotable.

I predicted he would give it a a weak 6 or something but damn he rated this lower than dizzy's mixtape lol.
I don't really agree with the 3. If KM is a 3 then what does he rank a Soulja Boy album/mixtape? The only thing I don't like about his reviews is that he rates albums way too low most of the time.

King

Registered Member
Yea I don't care for fantanos ratings but I like the guys reasoning, even if I might not agree with some things hes good at describing himself and makes a lot of key points to consider. Soulja Boy would get a -7 lol.

Coolguy 127

Registered Member
Wolf - 6/10
Yeezus - 5/10
NWTS - 5/10
Based on a TRU Story - 4/10
Finally Rich - 4/10
Tha Carter IV - 3/10
Knock Madness - 3/10
Other 17 

BitchNigga

Registered Member
Hopsin was ethered by fantano and only sold 4k. Dude is a fucking failure and needs to give up.

Buddie

Registered Member
Coolguy 127 wrote:Wolf - 6/10
Yeezus - 5/10
NWTS - 5/10
Finally Rich - 4/10
Tha Carter IV - 3/10
Knock Madness - 3/10
Other 17 
Yeah he ranked it a little too low. I was expecting him to give it a 4 or a 5, but not a 3.

semaj116

Registered Member
My philosophy with this album is if you take away and ignore any tracks where he tries to get emotional and deep it' a great EP.

Hip-Hopsin'

Registered Member
Album deserved it, just an album full of love songs he's been crying about since Raw and how he hates fame and other edgy shit.

Chokey

Registered Member
2/10 review

King

Registered Member
I give Fantano for this video.
6.5/10 on his review 4/10 on his rating

RealHipHop

Registered Member
Coolguy 127 wrote:Wolf - 6/10
Yeezus - 5/10
NWTS - 5/10
Finally Rich - 4/10
Tha Carter IV - 3/10
Knock Madness - 3/10
Other 17 
Wow are all these great albums so close to that trash Hopsin put out?? Makes no sense. 

NWTS, Yeezus, & WOLF are some of the best releases this year smh

Hunter

Registered Member
Tell me when DEHH reviews. Idgaf about fantano's dumbass

Coolguy 127

Registered Member
Hunter wrote:Tell me when DEHH reviews. Idgaf about fantano's dumbass
Yup

King

Registered Member
Feels though, lol.

Hunter

Registered Member
King wrote:
Feels though, lol.
no i agree with some of his points, i just think he has wack reviews and terrible ratings. Not just based off of this.

AlwaysRaw

News Poster
I think Fantano is great at reviewing music. He just has a different taste in music then me sometimes.

Katz Inf Gang

Registered Member
The review is pretty spot on. Liking Hopsin's albums always comes down to how you feel about his production and chorus style. Very few people will argue whether or not Hopsin is a dope rapper so it comes down to the other aspects.

http://www.infgang.com

dcan

Registered Member
ok Yeezus was God fucking awful and doesn't deserve to be considered a "hip-hop album"

Spanky

Registered Member
dcan wrote:ok Yeezus was God fucking awful and doesn't deserve to be considered a "hip-hop album"
Really, pls elaborate on this.

Jeet

Katz Inf Gang wrote:Very few people will argue whether or not Hopsin is a dope rapper
Wrong.

Rakim wrote a vast majority of his verses for the legendary Eric B & Rakim album “Paid in Full” 2-3 years before the album was released, meaning that he was only 15/16 years of age when he wrote the verses, hence his nickname ‘The God MC’
last.fm ----> http://www.last.fm/user/jeetskii
SOTY

King

Registered Member
dcan wrote:ok Yeezus was God fucking awful and doesn't deserve to be considered a "hip-hop album"
Red is wrong, green is right. Don't look at it as a Hip-Hop album, before hearing it I heard a lot of negative feedback but after I listened for myself I can say that I get it, it's not a great album and definitely not a masterpiece but IMO it's good for what it is.

@Jeet hes actually right most people who dislike Hopsin are quick to mention corniness, their favorite rappers dissed for attention, sounding like Eminem and corniness. The amount of people who doubt his ability are minuscule when compared to every other kind of reasoning.

Jeet

So lyrics, subject matter, punchlines, flow ≠ being a dope rapper 

Rakim wrote a vast majority of his verses for the legendary Eric B & Rakim album “Paid in Full” 2-3 years before the album was released, meaning that he was only 15/16 years of age when he wrote the verses, hence his nickname ‘The God MC’
last.fm ----> http://www.last.fm/user/jeetskii
SOTY

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum