Hopsin Forums


You are not connected. Please login or register

Let us be real. Knock Madness proves a few things

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Guest


Guest
1. Hopsin does not have what it takes to be a mainstream commercially successful "rapper"
2. He can't sing at all. And its painful to my ears
3. He's an out and out gimmick that is beginning to get old
4. Most of the tracks are utter garbage
5. Everything I said in my last thread is 100% true
6. His rhymes are extremely forced sometimes
7. He steals ideas from other MC's and tries to redo them, when it works it works great. When it doesn't we get KM type shit
8. The good tracks on KM are just v2.0's of their "Raw" similars
9. Hopsin fell off even though he wasn't that good to begin with

I say hoooolld up, wait a minute. Your site ain't shit unless you got Technician in it.

Guest


Guest
Hopsin has failed as a musician. He will never break through into the mainstream now and he has peaked already. Keep reading and I will explain why.

1. Artist & Repertoire within music labels, hate it or not but they are responsible for an artists popularity. They always try to ensure their artist is fashion-conscious and appealing. In the Hip-hop genre, youthfulness is everything. A&R always ensure their artist is young, fashionable and appealing. So they try to target the under 30's market. Preferably the teens and early twenties market.
Hopsin is near enough 28 years old and he hasn't released his breakthrough album yet. It's still not too late but if he leaves it a while longer he is losing appeal. Once an artist the age of 30, its a staple within the industry. His content will start to appeal less and less to younger audiences. His fanbase will transition to late twenties and people in their 30's.

2. His hairline is receding. Like it or not but read the above. People lose appeal when they are bald.

3. His last music material was Ill Mind of Hopsin 5, that was a whole year ago. If he doesn't treat his fans to new material at least every once in a while then he loses appeal. All record labels try to ensure their artist delivers new material at least once every 16 weeks. Even if it's a feature in a song. Although Hopsin does feature in songs, he features in the songs of underground artists who the majority of his fans doesn't listen to. So you could argue that Hopsin has gone close to 52 weeks without releasing any new music.

4. Hopsin is 28 now. He has 7 years left til he reaches the "Become a conscious rapper now or leave the game" stage, that's the age of 35 years old. In 7 years, a mainstream artist will try to release 4 studio albums. At Hopsin's current rate, he will release 2-3 studio albums, including Knock Madness. That's not enough to propel himself into the mainstream.

5. The gimmick has worn off now. The eyes, the shock value, it's all been done before now. It's gotten old and tedious.

This is my top 5 reasons why Hopsin has failed as a musician. And will never make it mainstream.

Bladerunner

avatar
Registered Member
TheGooseMembrane wrote:1. Hopsin does not have what it takes to be a mainstream commercially successful "rapper"
2. He can't sing at all. And its painful to my ears
3. He's an out and out gimmick that is beginning to get old
4. Most of the tracks are utter garbage
5. Everything I said in my last thread is 100% true
6. His rhymes are extremely forced sometimes
7. He steals ideas from other MC's and tries to redo them, when it works it works great. When it doesn't we get KM type shit
8. The good tracks on KM are just v2.0's of their "Raw" similars
9. Hopsin fell off even though he wasn't that good to begin with

I say hoooolld up, wait a minute. Your site ain't shit unless you got Technician in it.



Yaaawn...


_________________
adapt, engage, survive...have fun

Guest


Guest
And that's for the new niggas. Please explain how I could be wrong.

TEEEECCCHHHHHHNICCIANNNNNNNNNNNNNN

dukeblue

avatar
Registered Member
Heh.

Grafik

avatar
Registered Member
can agree with most of this

http://www.rappingreptile.tk/

iScyko

avatar
Registered Member
TheGOATMember wrote:Hopsin has failed as a musician. He will never break through into the mainstream now and he has peaked already. Keep reading and I will explain why.

1. Artist & Repertoire within music labels, hate it or not but they are responsible for an artists popularity. They always try to ensure their artist is fashion-conscious and appealing. In the Hip-hop genre, youthfulness is everything. A&R always ensure their artist is young, fashionable and appealing. So they try to target the under 30's market. Preferably the teens and early twenties market.
Hopsin is near enough 28 years old and he hasn't released his breakthrough album yet. It's still not too late but if he leaves it a while longer he is losing appeal. Once an artist the age of 30, its a staple within the industry. His content will start to appeal less and less to younger audiences. His fanbase will transition to late twenties and people in their 30's.

2. His hairline is receding. Like it or not but read the above. People lose appeal when they are bald.

3. His last music material was Ill Mind of Hopsin 5, that was a whole year ago. If he doesn't treat his fans to new material at least every once in a while then he loses appeal. All record labels try to ensure their artist delivers new material at least once every 16 weeks. Even if it's a feature in a song. Although Hopsin does feature in songs, he features in the songs of underground artists who the majority of his fans doesn't listen to. So you could argue that Hopsin has gone close to 52 weeks without releasing any new music.

4. Hopsin is 28 now. He has 7 years left til he reaches the "Become a conscious rapper now or leave the game" stage, that's the age of 35 years old. In 7 years, a mainstream artist will try to release 4 studio albums. At Hopsin's current rate, he will release 2-3 studio albums, including Knock Madness. That's not enough to propel himself into the mainstream.

5. The gimmick has worn off now. The eyes, the shock value, it's all been done before now. It's gotten old and tedious.

This is my top 5 reasons why Hopsin has failed as a musician. And will never make it mainstream.
Your opinion is very simple and one tracked. You're comparable to the guy at the beginning of The Industry is Punks.


_________________
6688846993
RGS

Hunter

avatar
Registered Member
TheGOATMember wrote:
3. His last music material was Ill Mind of Hopsin 5, that was a whole year ago. If he doesn't treat his fans to new material at least every once in a while then he loses appeal. All record labels try to ensure their artist delivers new material at least once every 16 weeks. Even if it's a feature in a song. Although Hopsin does feature in songs, he features in the songs of underground artists who the majority of his fans doesn't listen to. So you could argue that Hopsin has gone close to 52 weeks without releasing any new music.

5. The gimmick has worn off now. The eyes, the shock value, it's all been done before now. It's gotten old and tedious.

This is my top 5 reasons why Hopsin has failed as a musician. And will never make it mainstream.
lol wat. He released old friend, hop is back, have you seen me, and rip your heart out and just released a fucking album.

And if you would listen to that album you would realize that he said he's done with the gimmick's for good.


_________________

STRANGEgenius

avatar
Moderator
i agree with most of the first post tbh


_________________
http://rateyourmusic.com/~STRANGEgenius
check out GameLuster.com ; you know you do ;)

Chokey

avatar
Registered Member
its an okay album but if it takes 3 years...


_________________

Guest


Guest
Hunter wrote:
TheGOATMember wrote:
3. His last music material was Ill Mind of Hopsin 5, that was a whole year ago. If he doesn't treat his fans to new material at least every once in a while then he loses appeal. All record labels try to ensure their artist delivers new material at least once every 16 weeks. Even if it's a feature in a song. Although Hopsin does feature in songs, he features in the songs of underground artists who the majority of his fans doesn't listen to. So you could argue that Hopsin has gone close to 52 weeks without releasing any new music.

5. The gimmick has worn off now. The eyes, the shock value, it's all been done before now. It's gotten old and tedious.

This is my top 5 reasons why Hopsin has failed as a musician. And will never make it mainstream.
lol wat. He released old friend, hop is back, have you seen me, and rip your heart out and just released a fucking album.

And if you would listen to that album you would realize that he said he's done with the gimmick's for good.
New nigga, fuck you!
I made that post fucking ages ago and that's why I said "this is for the new niggas". I copied and pasted it from an old ass thread. So stick your lolwats up your ass. I'm done with you for good.

Guest


Guest
STRANGEgenius wrote:i agree with most of the first post tbh
I used to fucking love Marcus' music but he pissed me off by fucking up so much since Raw. 
Marshall took a few weeks to come up with MMLP. Tupac took a few hours to come up with classics.
Marcus has shit on all his fans for soaking up all the money and attention from tours and he has neglected what he promised to stay true to since the start, US the fans. Fuck Funk Volume Hop, what about your fucking fans?
That's why I leaked Be My Friend and it was a shit song anyway! Sorry for telling the fucking truth and putting too much hope in this acne infested clown!
"I had that much of an impact? My rhymes did that?" YES DUH. GO BACK TO MAKING MUSIC AND STOP PLAYING AROUND WITH THESE BULLSHIT BUSINESS VENTURES AND GIVE US WHAT WE ASKED FOR, FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS

Guest


Guest
NEWSFLASH
Most HipHop classic albums only took a few weeks to record

3 years?

jfatballz


Registered Member
TheGOATMember wrote:NEWSFLASH
Most HipHop classic albums only took a few weeks to record

3 years?
it didn't take him 3 years to write the album.. he had lots of tracks done by the time hop madness dropped.. the process of making the album was 3 years but its not like he wrote the album non stop. so some of the tracks were recorded way before others  and some tracks were canned from the project. im sure he cut songs he recorded 2 years ago and songs he did this year.

Coolguy 127

avatar
Registered Member
Plus you have to keep in mind that he basically does everything himself, so it is bound to take a longer time.


_________________

BabySmacker

avatar
Moderator
TheGOATMember wrote:I say hoooolld up, wait a minute. Your site ain't shit unless you got Technician in it.
>Technician

pls fuk off n die

King

avatar
Registered Member
Why do you care about Hopsin?

I would assume you never liked him due to the fact that everything you mentioned is something someone would say when Hopsin first started rapping. tbh


_________________

Buddie

avatar
Registered Member
TheGOATMember wrote:1. Hopsin does not have what it takes to be a mainstream commercially successful "rapper"
2. He can't sing at all. And its painful to my ears
3. He's an out and out gimmick that is beginning to get old
4. Most of the tracks are utter garbage
5. Everything I said in my last thread is 100% true
6. His rhymes are extremely forced sometimes
7. He steals ideas from other MC's and tries to redo them, when it works it works great. When it doesn't we get KM type shit
8. The good tracks on KM are just v2.0's of their "Raw" similars
9. Hopsin fell off even though he wasn't that good to begin with

I say hoooolld up, wait a minute. Your site ain't shit unless you got Technician in it.
Neither does Tech N9ne, your point?


_________________

King

avatar
Registered Member
Hopsin actually has what it takes he just hasnt grasped it yet.
So does Tech n9ne.. except Hopsin has like 2x more commercial appeal than him.


_________________

Buddie

avatar
Registered Member
King wrote:Hopsin actually has what it takes he just hasnt grasped it yet.
So does Tech n9ne.. except Hopsin has like 2x more commercial appeal than him.
Hopsin has a lot more appeal than Tech. Not taking anything away from the King of the underground, but all it will take is a song or two for Hopsin to make it big. Will that ever happen? I don't think so, but it's possible.


_________________

King

avatar
Registered Member
Although I sometimes wonder if Hopsin were to collab with all of the people tech did..


_________________

Bladerunner

avatar
Registered Member
Sometimes I think maybe Hop is one of those one album\book artists who are famous only because of one thing they created which became a kind of breakthrough, the rest of stuff is usually much worse or meaningless but this one masterpiece makes them memorable for everyone. I hope it's not the case here and like King had hinted before Hop will spread his wings fully and show even more class one day.


_________________
adapt, engage, survive...have fun

RealHipHop


Registered Member
hopsin makes real hip hop, u probably listen to lil zane fgt

King

avatar
Registered Member
RealHipHop wrote:hopsin makes real hip hop, u probably listen to lil zane fgt
Ok so whos second account is this? Hopsin 3


_________________

Nidac_7

avatar
Registered Member
King wrote:
RealHipHop wrote:hopsin makes real hip hop, u probably listen to lil zane fgt
Ok so whos second account is this? Hopsin 3
And who namedrops lil zane?


_________________

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum