Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Marshall Mathers LP 2 Official Review

+9
BabySmacker
Hip-Hopsin'
STRANGEgenius
fxtdiilz
Bladerunner
semaj116
Jeet
King
Buddie
13 posters
Go down
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

The Marshall Mathers LP 2 Official Review Empty The Marshall Mathers LP 2 Official Review

Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 4:47

Let’s be honest, how many of you thought that Eminem was truly done? After releasing nothing but terrible features the past two years, it seemed like all hope was lost. Fans everywhere were losing hope and even the biggest Stans were starting to agree. However, Eminem released a record with songs on it that none of us were expecting. Here is my “The Marshall Mathers LP 2” official review!

1. Bad Guy: This was an excellent way to start off the album. The chorus by Sarah Jaffe is great and Eminem delivers one of the best verses of his career (4th verse). I am still blown away by the last 3 minutes of this song, it’s simply flawless. I’ve listened to this song close to 20 times already and the 2nd part of the track still gives me chills. Not only are the lyrics and delivery perfect, but the beat is one of the most epic instrumentals I’ve ever heard. I really love the “chauvinist pig drove in this big, Lincoln Town Car” line. I was really shocked at the fact that he can still sound just like he did 14 years ago on the track “Desperados.” When the last and final verse of the song began, I knew from that point on that this album would deliver and be a potential classic. The last 25 seconds of the song is perhaps the most chilling part. When he said “So one last time, I’m back,” I had a feeling that this would be his last album and the final chapter of his legacy. However, that’s most likely not true and I’m very glad that this won’t be his last album. The only reason I’m not giving this a perfect 10 is because the first two verses could have been a little better and more creative. But still, excellent song. (9.5/10)

2. Parking Lot (Skit): I really love this skit. This came out of nowhere and I wasn’t expecting to hear a continuation of the “Criminal” skit. Very cool thing to add to the album on Em’s part.

3. Rhyme or Reason: I’m a huge Star Wars fan, so I really enjoyed the first verse a lot. The chorus is absolutely amazing and the bridge is nice as well. Probably my favorite chorus by Em on the whole album. The 2nd verse is pretty solid and I like the way he flows and rhymes on this song. The 3rd verse is my favorite on this song and I really enjoyed hearing him rap about his father. This song goes to show that this LP is going to go EMERALD. (9/10)

4. So Much Better: This song is like “Puke” on steroids. This whole track sounds like it belongs on a bonus disc of “The Eminem Show.” The chorus is about as close to the 2002 era Eminem as it gets. The bridge is also great as well. This song has one of the funniest lines on the album as well, “But I'll never say the L-word again, la-la-la-la lesbian *shout*.” This song also goes to show that Em still has that humor that made him famous in the first place. The track ends on an extremely high note, “I got 99 problems and the bitch ain't one. She's all 99 of them I need a machine gun. I take em all out, I hope you hear this song and go into a cardiac arrest, have a heart attack and just drop dead and I'mma throw a fucking party after this cause.”  And I’m sure I’m not the only one who felt that sense of nostalgia when he ended the song with “I’m just playin’ bitch, you know I love you.” Very good song. (8.5/10)

5. Survival: This is my least favorite song on the album by far and it’s not even close. I don’t really blame Em for this one because it wasn’t supposed to be on the album originally, but I still have to give it a grade. There are only 2 songs on Recovery that I consider worse than this (Won’t Back Down and On Fire). It doesn’t belong on this album at all in any way, shape, or form. (5/10)

6. Legacy: Polina does a very good job on this chorus and it really puts the song together well. Now let’s talk about Em’s verses here. All three of them are equally great and you can feel the emotion and hate in this song as he looks back at his past and how he got here. One of my favorite lines on the album is “Me against the world so what? I'm Brian Dawkins versus the whole 0 and 16 Lions offense, so bring on the Giants, Falcons, and Miami Dolphins.” Fucking epic line. What a great, reflecting song that tells an admiring story of how he became what he is today. (9/10)

7. Asshole I am very surprised that this song made the official album and didn’t get put on the bonus disc. It’s not absolutely terrible, but it doesn’t belong on this album. I’m a huge fan of Skylar Grey, but her hook was weak and one of the worst I’ve ever heard from her. The song has a few redeeming qualities such as, “This whole world is a mess. Gotta have a goddamn vest on your chest, and a Glock just to go out and watch Batman,” but for the most part I don’t like the track much at all. (6.5/10).

8. Berzerk: This is a solid single and I’m glad that he released it. The hook is really well put together and if the 2nd verse of this song wasn’t so bad and cringe worthy then this could have easily gotten an 8 out of 10 rating. (7/10)

9. Rap God: Man I’m so glad that he decided to release this song as a single. There’s really nothing much for me to say here except that he shows great awareness and the technical ability is crazy on this track. Another one of my favorite lines on this album is from this track, “You get too big and here they come trying to censor you like that one line I said on "I'm Back" from the Mathers LP1 where I tried to say I take seven kids from Columbine, put em all in a line, add an AK-47, a revolver and a nine. See if I get away with it now that I ain't as big as I was.” I love the self-awareness here. Very good song. (8.5/10)

10. Brainless: If “The Slim Shady LP” is your favorite Eminem album than this should be one of your favorite songs from him in a while. It reminds me of a 2013 version of “Brain Damage.” I love the chorus here and it’s one of the best he’s delivered in a long time. This song really has a deeper meaning to it as well. He’s saying that if he never became famous, where would he be now? His guess is that he would be in jail for murdering someone. (9/10)

11. Stronger Than I Was: Some people don’t like when Eminem sings and I can respect that, but for me personally, I love it. He hasn’t pulled off a singing song this well since “Hailie’s Song.” Now this song isn’t as good as that song obviously, but it’s still a very good listen. The only reason this doesn’t get a 9.5 out of 10 is because there are a few parts where the cracking in his voice makes the song a little harder to listen to. Just a little though. (9/10)

12. The Monster: When this song first released, I didn’t like it, but it really has grown on me. It isn’t anything amazing and while it does sound like a “Recovery” track, it would still be one of the better songs on that album. Let’s not forget Rihanna either and her contribution to this song. Her chorus is great. If someone else did the chorus, I probably wouldn’t have been as favorable with the grading of this track. I also think some people would appreciate this song a lot more if it was on a Rihanna album instead of on Em’s. When it comes to this song, some will like it and some won’t. I’ve got it somewhere in the middle. (7.5/10)

13. So Far: This song starts off perfectly “I own a mansion, but live in a house. A king-size bed, but I sleep on the couch.” I love the sample used here and this song is one of my favorites on the album. This song has too many great and memorable lines to quote, but some of my favorite lines from the song are “''What you bumping? Trunk Muzik? Yelawolf's better',” fucking bitch.” I also love these lines “The other day someone got all elaborate, and stuck a head from a fuckin’ dead cat in my mailbox. Went to Burger King, they spit on my onion rings. I think my karma is catching up with me” and “Got friends on Facebook, all over the world. Not sure what that means, they tell me it's good.” This song is very very good. (9/10)

14. Love Game: This is a cool, fun song that shows that Em’s humor is still fully intact. I love all three of the verses of this song including Kendrick’s verse. However, I’m just not feeling the song as much as everyone else. Maybe it’ll grow on me, but for now I can’t rate it any higher than this. (7.75)

15. Headlights: This is the best song on the album by far and I would think that most people agree with me. Not only is it the best on the album, but one of his best of all time. It’s a top 30 Eminem song of all time in my opinion. I’m not exactly sure where I’d rate it right now out of his top 30, but this is the type of song that will never age even if I listen to it 10 years from now. This song is very sad and one of his most personal songs ever. There’s nothing more I’d like to see than a music video to this. I really hope that this is the next single for the album. The fact that Em is apologizing to his mother in this way is just fantastic. Nate Ruess delivers the best chorus on the album and is one of the reasons why this song is a classic. (10/10).

16. Evil Twin: I really, really like this song. His flow, delivery, and the lyrics are close to perfect. My favorite line on this song is “So who's left? Lady Gaga? Messed with the Bieber. Nah, F with Christina, I ain't fucking with either Jessica neither, Simpson or Alba.” There are so many great lines on this one song and it’s an awesome and epic way to end the album. Great song. (9/10)

Deluxe Edition:
17. Baby: This song is one of the those songs that is good, but you understand why it didn’t make the album. The chorus is very fun and the verses are pretty solid as well. There are some low points, but mostly high points when it comes to this track. (8/10)

18. Desperation: When I heard that Jamie N Commons would be on the album, I looked him up on YouTube and I was really feeling the vibe he had to his music. I was thinking at the time that they would sound great together on a track. Man was I wrong. I hate this song and I wish he would have kept this one in the vault. The Alex Da Kid beat is very generic and boring. The hook is very mediocre and the verses are nothing amazing either. (5.5/10)

19. Groundhog Day: This song is great and I don’t why this isn’t on the album. There are a few songs that could have easily been replaced with this. I love the flow on this track and it sounds so natural and unforced. I love the lyrical imagery in this song and there are some very nice lines in this as well. I do feel that the last 25 seconds of the song was very unnecessary, but overall it’s a good song.  (8.5/10)

20. Beautiful Pain: The way that this song starts off is absolutely flawless in every way. The chorus is haunting and Sia does a fantastic job on this. I may look into more of her music after hearing this. I’m still not entirely sure what this song is about, but Em’s verses are nice and compliments this epic chorus very well. If Em would have delivered some personal verses instead of the generic verses we got, then this song would easily be a 10 out of 10. But he delivers a great bridge around the 2:45 mark that really puts the end of the song together and gets the listener ready for Sia to end it on a high note. This song should have been on the album. Period. There’s no reason for it not to be. Such a shame, but oh well. (9/10)

21. Wicked Ways: This song starts off with a pretty nice hook and then Em displays one of his greatest flows on the album. Just try to listen to this song without nodding your head, you can’t. This is a very fun song and there are some great lines here. Solid song. (8/10)

22. Ken (Skit): I love this skit and I’m really glad that Em brought his old friend back for another round on this album.

23. Don’t Front: I love the old school feel on this song. It sounds just like an “Infinite” track. The way Em delivers this verse is great and I really like the way this song sounds overall. The fact that he mentions Proof’s name in this song is really cool and I enjoyed the way he pronounces words throughout this song. (8.5/10)

Overall, this album is great. I love it and it is my favorite album of the year so far. Most of the songs on the album are great and the only thing that is keeping this from being a classic is “Survival” and “Asshole” and the fact that “Beautiful Pain,” “Don’t Front,” or “Groundhog Day” didn’t replace them. This will be one of those albums that we look back on 10 years from now and refer to it as a top 5 Eminem album of all time. The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show are my favorite albums of all time followed by The Slim Shady LP, but this album isn’t too far behind them. I have it currently ranked as his 4th best album ever and I don’t think that will change until his next album releases.

Overall grade: 9/10

I hope you enjoyed this review!

Last edited by Buddie on Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 8:07; edited 6 times in total
King
King
Registered Member

The Marshall Mathers LP 2 Official Review Empty Re: The Marshall Mathers LP 2 Official Review

Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 5:01
Slightly more generous than what I would rate it but this review is on point. Thumbs Up 

Brainless and Headlights are my 2 personal favorites.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

The Marshall Mathers LP 2 Official Review Empty Re: The Marshall Mathers LP 2 Official Review

Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 6:34
The Marshall Mathers LP 2 Official Review DDZcpYu1RbS6Yflpj5K5+Capture
semaj116
Registered Member

Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 6:38
In my opinion the album's sitting a decent 6 or 7 (Fantano swag son), Pitchfork reviews hold no merit to me. They gave Camp by Gambino like a 1.6 or some shit. Also Beautiful Pain is nowhere near a 9/10
Bladerunner
Bladerunner
Registered Member

Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 7:12
Good review Buddie Thumbs Up 

My favourites:

1. Berzerk
2. Asshole    (Idk why ppl don't like these tracks so much :) )
3. Survival
4. So much better
5. Bad Guy
6. Legacy
7. Rap God

Overall: 6\10
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 7:18
Yelawolf said it best:

"All I can say is its lonely at the top. He’s put that work in. It’s Eminem. At this point, it’s kind of like a Led Zeppelin album or a Beatles album. It’s just is what it is. Opinions are like assholes. Some people are going to love it, some people are not. But, at the end of the day, it’s Eminem, dog. He’s putting out music. Every move he makes is culturally impactful. This dude has millions and millions of people following him. I expect to hear what I have always heard. Dope shit. Big songs."
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 7:29
Buddie wrote:
Let’s be honest, how many of you thought that Eminem was truly done? After releasing nothing but terrible features the past two years, it seemed like all hope was lost. Fans everywhere were losing hope and even the biggest Stans were starting to agree. However, Eminem released a record with songs on it that none of us were expecting. Here is my “The Marshall Mathers LP 2” official review!

1. Bad Guy: This was an excellent way to start off the album. The chorus by Sarah Jaffe is great and Eminem delivers one of the best verses of his career (4th verse). I am still blown away by the last 3 minutes of this song, it’s simply flawless. I’ve listened to this song close to 20 times already and the 2nd part of the track still gives me chills. Not only are the lyrics and delivery perfect, but the beat is one of the most epic instrumentals I’ve ever heard. I really love the “chauvinist pig drove in this big, Lincoln Town Car” line. I was really shocked at the fact that he can still sound just like he did 14 years ago on the track “Desperados.” When the last and final verse of the song began, I knew from that point on that this album would deliver and be a potential classic. The last 25 seconds of the song is perhaps the most chilling part. When he said “So one last time, I’m back,” I had a feeling that this would be his last album and the final chapter of his legacy. However, that’s most likely not true and I’m very glad that this won’t be his last album. The only reason I’m not giving this a perfect 10 is because the first two verses could have been a little better and more creative. But still, excellent song. (9.5/10)

2. Parking Lot (Skit): I really love this skit. This came out of nowhere and I wasn’t expecting to hear a continuation of the “Criminal” skit. Very cool thing to add to the album on Em’s part.

3. Rhyme or Reason: I’m a huge Star Wars fan, so I really enjoyed the first verse a lot. The chorus is absolutely amazing and the bridge is nice as well. Probably my favorite chorus by Em on the whole album. The 2nd verse is pretty solid and I like the way he flows and rhymes on this song. The 3rd verse is my favorite on this song and I really enjoyed hearing him rap about his father. This song goes to show that this LP is going to go EMERALD. (9/10)

4. So Much Better: This song is like “Puke” on steroids. This whole track sounds like it belongs on a bonus disc of “The Eminem Show.” The chorus is about as close to the 2002 era Eminem as it gets. The bridge is also great as well. This song has one of the funniest lines on the album as well, “But I'll never say the L-word again, la-la-la-la lesbian *shout*.” This song also goes to show that Em still has that humor that made him famous in the first place. The track ends on an extremely high note, “I got 99 problems and the bitch ain't one. She's all 99 of them I need a machine gun. I take em all out, I hope you hear this song and go into a cardiac arrest, have a heart attack and just drop dead and I'mma throw a fucking party after this cause.”  And I’m sure I’m not the only one who felt that sense of nostalgia when he ended the song with “I’m just playin’ bitch, you know I love you.” Very good song. (8.5/10)

5. Survival: This is my least favorite song on the album by far and it’s not even close. I don’t really blame Em for this one because it wasn’t supposed to be on the album originally, but I still have to give it a grade. There are only 2 songs on Recovery that I consider worse than this (Won’t Back Down and On Fire). It doesn’t belong in this album at all in any way, shape, or form. (5/10)

6. Legacy: Polina does a very good job on this chorus and it really puts the song together well. Now let’s talk about Em’s verses here. All three of them are equally great and you can feel the emotion and hate in this song as he looks back at his past and how he got here. One of my favorite lines on the album is “Me against the world so what? I'm Brian Dawkins versus the whole 0 and 16 Lions offense, so bring on the Giants, Falcons, and Miami Dolphins.” Fucking epic line. What a great, reflecting song that tells an admiring story of how he became what he is today. (9/10)

7. Asshole I am very surprised that this song made the official album and didn’t get put on the bonus disc. It’s not absolutely terrible, but it doesn’t belong on this album. I’m a huge fan of Skylar Grey, but her hook was weak and one of the worst I’ve ever heard from her. The song has a few redeeming qualities such as, “This whole world is a mess. Gotta have a goddamn vest on your chest, and a Glock just to go out and watch Batman,” but for the most part I don’t like the track much at all. (6.5/10).

8. Berzerk: This is a solid single and I’m glad that he released it. The hook is really well put together and if the 2nd verse of this song wasn’t so bad and cringe worthy then this could have easily gotten an 8 out of 10 rating. (7/10)

9. Rap God: Man I’m so glad that he decided to release this song as a single. There’s really nothing much for me to say here except that he shows great awareness on this track and the technical ability is crazy on this track. Another one of my favorite lines on this album is from this track, “You get too big and here they come trying to censor you like that one line I said on "I'm Back" from the Mathers LP1 where I tried to say I take seven kids from Columbine, put em all in a line, add an AK-47, a revolver and a nine. See if I get away with it now that I ain't as big as I was.” I love the self-awareness here. Very good song. (8.5/10)

10. Brainless: If “The Slim Shady LP” is your favorite Eminem album than this should be one of your favorite songs from him in a while. It reminds me of a 2013 version of “Brain Damage.” I love the chorus here and it’s one of the best he’s delivered in a long time. This song really has a deeper meaning to it as well. He’s saying that if he never became famous, where would he be now? His guess is that he would be in jail for murdering someone. (9/10)

11. Stronger Than I Was: Some people don’t like when Eminem sings and I can respect that, but for me personally, I love it. He hasn’t pulled off a singing song this well since “Hailie’s Song.” Now this song isn’t as good as that song obviously, but it’s still a very good listen. The only reason this doesn’t get a 9.5 out of 10 is because there are a few parts where the cracking in his voice makes the song a little harder to listen to. Just a little though. (9/10)

12. The Monster: When this song first released, I didn’t like it, but it really has grown on me. It isn’t anything amazing and while it does sound like a “Recovery” track, it would still be one of the better songs on that album. Let’s not forget Rihanna either and her contribution to this song. Her chorus is great. If someone else did the chorus, I probably wouldn’t have been as favorable with the grading of this track. I also think some people would appreciate this song a lot more if it was on a Rihanna album instead of on Em’s. When it comes to this song, some will like it and some won’t. I’ve got it somewhere in the middle. (7.5/10)

13. So Far: This song starts off perfectly “I own a mansion, but live in a house. A king-size bed, but I sleep on the couch.” I love the sample used here and this song is one of my favorites on the album. This song has too many great and memorable lines to quote, but some of my favorite lines from the song are “''What you bumping? Trunk Muzik? Yelawolf's better',” fucking bitch.” I also love these lines “The other day someone got all elaborate, and stuck a head from a fuckin’ dead cat in my mailbox. Went to Burger King, they spit on my onion rings. I think my karma is catching up with me” and “Got friends on Facebook, all over the world. Not sure what that means, they tell me it's good.” This song is very very good. (9/10)

14. Love Game: This is a cool, fun song that shows that Em’s humor is still fully intact. I love all three of the verses of this song including Kendrick’s verse. However, I’m just not feeling the song as much as everyone else. Maybe it’ll grow on me, but for now I can’t rate it any higher than this. (7.75)

15. Headlights: This is the best song on the album by far and I would think that most people agree with me. Not only is it the best on the album, but one of his best of all time. It’s a top 30 Eminem song of all time in my opinion. I’m not exactly sure where I’d rate it right now out of his top 30, but this is the type of song that will never age even if I listen to it 10 years from now. This song is very sad and one of his most personal songs ever. There’s nothing more I’d like to see than a music video to this. I really hope that this is the next single for the album. The fact that Em is apologizing to his mother in this way is just fantastic. Nate Ruess delivers the best chorus on the album and is one of the reasons why this song is a classic. (10/10).
16.  16. Evil Twin: I really, really like this song. His flow, delivery, and the lyrics are close to perfect. My favorite line on this song is “So who's left? Lady Gaga? Messed with the Bieber. Nah, F with Christina, I ain't fucking with either Jessica neither, Simpson or Alba.” There are so many great lines on this one song and it’s an awesome and epic way to end the album. Great song. (9/10)

Deluxe Edition:
17. Baby: This song is one of the those songs that is good, but you understand why it didn’t make the album, The chorus is very fun and the verses are pretty solid as well. There are some low points, but mostly high points when it comes to this track. (8/10)

18. Desperation: When I heard that Jamie N Commons would be on the album, I looked him up on YouTube and I was really feeling the vibe he had to his music. I was thinking at the time that they would sound great together on a track. Man was I wrong. I hate this song and I wish he would have kept this one in the vault. The Alex Da Kid beat is very generic and boring. The hook is very mediocre and the verses are nothing amazing either. (5.5/10)

19. Groundhog Day: This song is great and I don’t why this isn’t on the album. There are a few songs that could have easily been replaced with this. I love the flow on this track and it sounds so natural and unforced. I love the lyrical imagery in this song and there are some very nice lines in this as well. I do feel that the last 25 seconds of the song was very unnecessary, but overall it’s a good song.  (8.5/10)

20. Beautiful Pain: The way that this song starts off is absolutely flawless in every way. The chorus is haunting and Sia does a fantastic job on this. I may look into more of her music after hearing this. I’m still not entirely sure what this song is about, but Em’s verses are nice and compliments this epic chorus very well. If Em would have delivered some personal verses instead of the generic verses we got, then this song would easily be a 10 out of 10. But he delivers a great bridge around the 2:45 mark that really puts the end of the song together and gets the listener ready for Sia to end it on a high note. This song should have been on the album. Period. There’s no reason for it not to be. Such a shame, but oh well. (9/10)

21. Wicked Ways: This song starts off with a pretty nice hook and then Em displays one of his greatest flows on the album. Just try to listen to this song without nodding your head, you can’t. This is a very fun song and there are some great lines here. Solid song. (8/10)

22. Ken (Skit): I love this skit and I’m really glad that Em brought his old friend back for another round on this album.

23. Don’t Front: I love the old school feel on this song. It sounds just like an “Infinite” track. The way Em delivers this verse is great and I really like the way this song sounds overall. The fact that he mentions Proof’s name in this song is really cool and I enjoyed the way he’s pronounces words throughout this song. (8.5/10)

Overall, this album is great. I love it and it is my favorite album of the year so far. Most of the songs on the album are great and the only thing that is keeping this from being a classic is “Survival” and “Asshole” and the fact that “Beautiful Pain,” “Don’t Front,” or “Groundhog Day” didn’t replace them. This will be one of those albums that we look back on 10 years from now and refer to it as a top 5 Eminem album of all time. The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show are my favorite albums of all time followed by The Slim Shady LP, but this album isn’t too far behind them. I have it currently ranked as his 4th best album ever and I don’t think that will change until his next album releases.

Overall grade: 9/10

I hope you enjoyed this review!
this review is so on point, awesome read of your opinions and i agreed with most. thanks :)
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 7:45
Pitchfork sux.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/15193-war/

But then
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/17805-tyler-the-creator-wolf/
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/16414-lil-b-gods-father/

I just can't even.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 12:35
album is a 6 for me.
Hip-Hopsin'
Hip-Hopsin'
Registered Member

Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 20:28
Pitchfork is the biggest piece of shit on the Internet, they favor trash music like Keef, Rihanna, and other. They've always had it out for Marshall, TES review is a joke, yeah, it's a 9,but it was originally 4,just read the actual review. They also favored Encore higher than these albums.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 20:43
pitchfork is a joke
Mark us
Mark us
Registered Member

Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 21:48
Eminem did a great job in my opinion. I never would have expected that, it's pretty surprising to come up with this. Thumbs Up
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Mon 11 Nov 2013 - 16:13
MMLP2 is easily a 9.5 / 10 for me. It's not what I expected, or even necessarily what I wanted.... but it's great none-the-less. If it weren't for a few minor issues with the production (that I only noticed after listening to certain songs multiple times) it would probably get a 10 from me.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 11 Nov 2013 - 22:34
41OMaXiMuS wrote:MMLP2 is easily a 9.5 / 10 for me. It's not what I expected, or even necessarily what I wanted.... but it's great none-the-less. If it weren't for a few minor issues with the production (that I only noticed after listening to certain songs multiple times) it would probably get a 10 from me.
The album is great, there's no doubt about that but there are some reasons that kept me from rating it any higher including Survival being on the album. If Beautiful Pain was on the album instead of it, this would have gotten a 9.5 easily. Also, I wish Asshole was never put on the album and another song replaced it. Skylar Grey is a great vocalist, but the hook is almost unbearable.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Tue 12 Nov 2013 - 13:52
I consider the bonus tracks part of the album. I know I'm like the only person that does that... but that's how I feel about the situation. Because Eminem.
BitchNigga
BitchNigga
Registered Member

Tue 12 Nov 2013 - 15:27
Thanks "buddie" for Makin me feel like a lame. Desperation and asshole were two of my favorites
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Tue 12 Nov 2013 - 17:09
headlights aint a 10/10 fucking overrated track
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Tue 12 Nov 2013 - 18:47
Chokey wrote:headlights aint a 10/10 fucking overrated track
You're right, it's an 11/10 track.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 12 Nov 2013 - 20:19
Chokey wrote:headlights aint a 10/10 fucking overrated track
this, the hook is okay. The beat is good, but not perfect.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Tue 12 Nov 2013 - 22:09
BitchNigga wrote:Thanks "buddie" for Makin me feel like a lame. Desperation and asshole were two of my favorites
haha I don't get why he even put "Desperation" on the bonus CD. That has to be one of my least favorite Eminem songs ever. As for Asshole, Eminem actually does an okay job on it, but the hook ruins the song for me personally. A big part of the reason why I don't like the track so much is because I was expecting Skylar to really bring it, but she failed to do that.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Thu 14 Nov 2013 - 14:53
Buddie wrote:
BitchNigga wrote:Thanks "buddie" for Makin me feel like a lame. Desperation and asshole were two of my favorites
haha I don't get why he even put "Desperation" on the bonus CD. That has to be one of my least favorite Eminem songs ever. As for Asshole, Eminem actually does an okay job on it, but the hook ruins the song for me personally. A big part of the reason why I don't like the track so much is because I was expecting Skylar to really bring it, but she failed to do that.
Buddie, you're such an asshoooooole, everyone knoooows
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Wed 20 Nov 2013 - 21:57
After listening to Bad Guy 30+ times, is it perhaps the best verse he has ever done? Maybe or maybe not, but damn it's fucking incredible.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum