Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buddie and King's "Top 10 Hopsin Hooks" Thread

+22
Jeet
Essence
41OMaXiMuS
Inhansed
Hunter
BabySmacker
hopsintupac
Fiasco
semaj116
Perfect Stranger
Hip-Hopsin'
Katz Inf Gang
AlwaysRaw
Coolguy 127
Royalty
BitchNigga
King
Swerve
fxtdiilz
iSigh
Chokey
Buddie
26 posters
Go down
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Buddie and King's "Top 10 Hopsin Hooks" Thread Empty Buddie and King's "Top 10 Hopsin Hooks" Thread

Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 19:02
One of Hopsin's best features as a rapper is his ability to create great choruses/hooks in his songs. His hooks bring all sorts of emotions into his songs and almost always seem to make it better and more cohesive. If you haven't listened to Hopsin's music in a while, I suggest you go and listen again just to remind yourself why you're here and just how good Hopsin is at singing/rapping choruses. The hook/chorus is the most crucial part of a song in my opinion. If the chorus is bad, the song will most likely be bad to some people regardless of how good the verses are. If the chorus is good and the verses are bad, people will still consider it a good song. There aren't many rappers who can do what he does when it comes to this aspect of making music.

We are closer than ever before to hearing Knock Madness (Due out November 26th) and there will surely be some excellent hooks on the album.

So anyway, I thought this would be an interesting thread to do. King and I will post 2 songs everyday starting at numbers 10 and 9 and give a brief description on why we chose those particular songs/hooks. Our opinions will most likely be different and who knows what songs we will rank in our Top 10. We will post numbers 10 and 9 tomorrow!
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Buddie and King's "Top 10 Hopsin Hooks" Thread Empty Re: Buddie and King's "Top 10 Hopsin Hooks" Thread

Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 21:25
fiascos top 10 hopsin hooks:

1 mr pillowman tanner edition (cry song)
2 mr pillowman tanner edition (cry song)
3 mr pillowman tanner edition (cry song)
4 mr pillowman tanner edition (cry song)
5 mr pillowman tanner edition (cry song)
6 mr pillowman tanner edition (cry song)
7 mr pillowman tanner edition (cry song)
8 mr pillowman tanner edition (cry song)
9 mr pillowman tanner edition (cry song)
10 mr pillowman tanner edition (cry song)

btw this will be top 3:

3: How You Like Me
2: Im not introducing you
1: kNocturnal Rainbows
iSigh
iSigh
Registered Member

Buddie and King's "Top 10 Hopsin Hooks" Thread Empty Re: Buddie and King's "Top 10 Hopsin Hooks" Thread

Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 21:42
Is it going to be exclusive to his solo work?
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 22:06
iSigh wrote:Is it going to be exclusive to his solo work?
No, it can be any hook he's ever made including features
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 22:29
Definitely think nocturnal rainbows is number one
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 22:40
Honorable mentions that didn't make my list:

I'm Not Crazy ft. Cryptic Wisdom and SwizZz:

Hot 16's:

Cover Up

Very Afraid ft. Dagda
Swerve
Swerve
Registered Member

Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 22:46
fxtdiilz wrote:Definitely think nocturnal rainbows is number one

Nocturnal Rainbows is good but its not number one Hopsin is a very talented singer,  and he has some pretty fucking dope hooks.
King
King
Registered Member

Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 22:55
Honorable mentions that didn't make my list:

I'm Not Crazy ft. Cryptic Wisdom and SwizZz:

Super Duper Fly:

HighSchool Dropout AKA "Be My Friend":

Hot 16's:
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 1:32
honorable mentions:

hyped on the mic
BitchNigga
BitchNigga
Registered Member

Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 2:08
Smdh at Crytic Wisdom. Ruined a great song.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 2:20
BitchNigga wrote:Smdh at Crytic Wisdom. Ruined a great song.
I agree. Another Hopsin verse would have been great.
Royalty
Royalty
Registered Member

Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 3:29
Buddie wrote:

There's needs to be a remix with Jarren Benton tbh
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 3:42
Swerve wrote:

Nocturnal Rainbows is good but its not number one Hopsin is a very talented singer,  and he has some pretty fucking dope hooks.
nah yea nocturnal rainbows is still number 1
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 3:50
Royalty wrote:
 There's needs to be a remix with Jarren Benton tbh

That shit would be fucking sick!
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 3:55
Buddie wrote:
 G-Mo Skee could've been perfect for it.
But Hopsin, SwizZz, then Hopsin again would be better then original imo
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member
http://www.infgang.com

Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 4:20
"Unfeigned" is the best Hopsin chorus
Swerve
Swerve
Registered Member

Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 4:32
fxtdiilz wrote:
Swerve wrote:

Sometimes the things you say make me want to throw a baby off a roof.
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 4:34
Swerve wrote:
fxtdiilz wrote:
Swerve wrote:

Sometimes he makes me wanna be the baby
Swerve
Swerve
Registered Member

Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 4:39
AlwaysRaw wrote:
Swerve wrote:
fxtdiilz wrote:
Swerve wrote:
Definitely think nocturnal rainbows is number one

Sometimes he makes me wanna be the baby
Buddie and King's "Top 10 Hopsin Hooks" Thread JoJCqVf7TKKbLSr4Hcq4+1517481
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 5:41
10. Ill Mind Of Hopsin 6:

When this dropped a few days ago, I didn't really know what to think. I didn't like the fact that this song was different than the rest of his Ill Minds. It just didn't have that same feel and aggressive nature to it that the other songs had. About 70 seconds into the song, I was thinking to myself "Man this just doesn't sound good" and then the chorus started and I began to like it. Let's be honest, this song is far from perfect and the verses are too generic for my taste. I felt that he could have went into more detail throughout the song similar to the 3rd verse (Which was the best verse of the song IMO). However, this chorus is great and really sets the tone for the whole song. I give the song a 7/10, but this chorus/hook gets a 9/10 from me. I'm glad that we finally got to hear a good hook from Hopsin. It's been a long time and it's good to know that he still has it in him.

9. Story Of Mine:

This song has always been my favorite on "Gazing At The Moonlight." Hopsin is telling the story of his life and this hook does an excellent job at setting the mood for his upcoming verse/verses. I listened to this song for the first time in probably 3 years yesterday and just knew that this had to be on my list. This is definitely one of Hopsin's most underrated songs/hooks.
King
King
Registered Member

Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 5:56
10. Very Afraid

This hook/chorus is pretty interesting, It's being delivered with a lazy and dead tone leading to a quick upbeat flow, this really brings it's own rhythm to the track which makes it stand out. This is one of my favorite Hopsin Hooks due to the fact that he switches back and fourth in tone while still making it sound complete as a chorus, it fits well with the vibe of the track and helps get you ready for another verse.

9. Open The Door

This chorus is not what we're used to from Hopsin, that said not many of his fans have heard it before. With a low tone of voice this simple chorus complements the gloomy beat, It is impressive how he was able to pull it off without sounding monotone. This chorus can also be understood more deeply, having to do with acceptance, trust and risks which can relate to real life situations making it even more enjoyable as it add to the mood. Hopsin also does a good job of breaking in his verse by picking off of the chorus and entering his violent plot.
Hip-Hopsin'
Hip-Hopsin'
Registered Member

Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 6:59
"Hopsin is a very talented singer."
LOL,
I mean, yeah, he can hit a few notes, but other than that, he's awful.
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 7:21
Katz Inf Gang wrote:"Unfeigned" is the best Hopsin chorus
what's that song?
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 9:49
Heather Nicole
It's All Good Now
Nocturnal Rainbows
Sag My Pants - because it's catchy as fuck. Fight me.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 12:26
open the door definatly deserves a spot on the top 10. 

another one that deserves a top 10:

megrov ft. hopsin - beasts
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum