Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hopsin has failed

+15
STRANGEgenius
Essence
Frankie
Chokey
Katz Inf Gang
Buddie
whufcwesthamunited
Mence
BabySmacker
BitchNigga
knockmathers
King
Jeet
PHOENiX
19 posters
Go down
PHOENiX
Registered Member

Hopsin has failed Empty Hopsin has failed

Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 15:00
Hopsin has failed as a musician. He will never break through into the mainstream now and he has peaked already. Keep reading and I will explain why.

1. Artist & Repertoire within music labels, hate it or not but they are responsible for an artists popularity. They always try to ensure their artist is fashion-conscious and appealing. In the Hip-hop genre, youthfulness is everything. A&R always ensure their artist is young, fashionable and appealing. So they try to target the under 30's market. Preferably the teens and early twenties market.
Hopsin is near enough 28 years old and he hasn't released his breakthrough album yet. It's still not too late but if he leaves it a while longer he is losing appeal. Once an artist the age of 30, its a staple within the industry. His content will start to appeal less and less to younger audiences. His fanbase will transition to late twenties and people in their 30's.

2. His hairline is receding. Like it or not but read the above. People lose appeal when they are bald.

3. His last music material was Ill Mind of Hopsin 5, that was a whole year ago. If he doesn't treat his fans to new material at least every once in a while then he loses appeal. All record labels try to ensure their artist delivers new material at least once every 16 weeks. Even if it's a feature in a song. Although Hopsin does feature in songs, he features in the songs of underground artists who the majority of his fans doesn't listen to. So you could argue that Hopsin has gone close to 52 weeks without releasing any new music.

4. Hopsin is 28 now. He has 7 years left til he reaches the "Become a conscious rapper now or leave the game" stage, that's the age of 35 years old. In 7 years, a mainstream artist will try to release 4 studio albums. At Hopsin's current rate, he will release 2-3 studio albums, including Knock Madness. That's not enough to propel himself into the mainstream.

5. The gimmick has worn off now. The eyes, the shock value, it's all been done before now. It's gotten old and tedious.

This is my top 5 reasons why Hopsin has failed as a musician. And will never make it mainstream.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Hopsin has failed Empty Re: Hopsin has failed

Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 15:08
Powerful first post Hopsin has failed Golfclap
King
King
Registered Member

Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 15:15
If he wanted to maintain buzz he would just rush tracks onto people and they'll eat it up.
Hes going in a different approach and oddly enough it seems to be working for him.

"People lose appeal when they are bald" I can disprove that in 2 seconds but I don't feel like it lol.

By now his contacts aren't as much as a gimmick as they are a trademark of his persona.

Not hitting mainstream fast is not failing, he just set obstacles for him that made it harder to become mainstream by doing dumb things like having fake release dates and not releasing songs to keep his fans on hold, that said it's not out of his reach to reach mainstream status. Research Jay-Z and the age he was when he blew up, he holds a similarity to Hopsin in that sense and Jay is a big name in hip hop today.

Quality post though, welcome to the forums. Thumbs Up
PHOENiX
Registered Member

Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 15:35
By the time Jay Z was Hopsins age this is what he accomplished:

1. Released the following as singles:
 Dead Presidents, Ain't No Nigga, Can't Knock the Hustle, Feelin' It, (Always Be My) Sunshine, Who You Wit

2. Had another 5-6 hot singles ready to release

3. Worked with Notorious B.I.G, Toured with Big Daddy Kane, Worked with Big L, Worked with Lil Kim and Diddy

4. Reached number 23 on Billboard 200 with Reasonable Doubt, and number 3 on Billboard 200 with In My Lifetime, Vol. 1

5. Reached number 2 and number 3 on Billboard Top Rap/HipHop albums

6. Worked with top producers in HipHop at the time

7. Had his music playing all over the world and some of the top Hollywood movies at the time

8. Had 420,000 album sales of Reasonable Doubt alone! On his own independent label even before he made a distribution deal with Def Jam.

This is what Jay Z accomplished by the time he was as old as Hopsin is now.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 15:49
Lmao Hopsin has failed 5j3NEp7TRD2J71vsekiV+kanyelaugh and King takes his L
Registered Member

Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 15:51
King wrote:Research Jay-Z and the age he was when he blew up, he holds a similarity to Hopsin in that sense and Jay is a big name in hip hop today.

PHOENiX wrote:By the time Jay Z was Hopsins age this is what he accomplished:

Dead Presidents, Ain't No Nigga, Can't Knock the Hustle, Feelin' It, (Always Be My) Sunshine, Who You Wit

3. Worked with Notorious B.I.G, Toured with Big Daddy Kane, Worked with Big L, Worked with Lil Kim and Diddy

4. Reached number 23 on Billboard 200 with Reasonable Doubt, and number 3 on Billboard 200 with In My Lifetime, Vol. 1

7. Had his music playing all over the world and some of the top Hollywood movies at the time

8. Had 420,000 album sales of Reasonable Doubt alone! On his own independent label even before he made a distribution deal with Def Jam.

Hopsin has failed Cat-funny-motion-moving-oh-Favim.com-368610_large
knockmathers
knockmathers
Registered Member

Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 15:57

All fun and stuff what you're saying but Hopsin ain't Jay-Z, not every artist has to have the same carreer.. 

If Knock Madness is really good, he will have his buzz. He won't be as big as Jay-z or Eminem but what I do know is that he can be proud of himself of what he has achieved. I for one will put him high on my list of favorites because he delivers quality music. Unlike a lot of rappers these days..

Oh and with the age thing, Hopsin looks the same when he was 20 so that won't be a problem.
BitchNigga
BitchNigga
Registered Member

Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 16:20
Why are you worried about hops life and career so much? It's his and he can do as he pleases. Also, a good song is a good song and a good album is a good album regardless of the artists age. I was 16 when eminem dropped recovery and him being in his late 30s had no impact on whether I bought the album or not. Same with the albums jay and kanye were dropping.

The thing that will hold hop back from the mainstream is him not rapping about thing that will help push the leftist agenda (and killing babies). I think he will end up like tech.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 16:54
>implying hopsin wants mainstream fame anymore
Mence
Registered Member

Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 19:21
Does it matter HOW big he gets? Hopsin is making enough money off his music and label already, he even said that doesn't even care or like fame. Look at Tech N9ne, I know alot of people that don't know about him but he STILL made the Forbes list. Besides for the money, how else would he benefit from "Breaking into the mainstream"
whufcwesthamunited
Registered Member

Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 19:29
Hopsin doesn't care. That is it. He doesn't care if he has 'failed'. That doesn't bother him in the slightest /thread
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 19:33
I agree with a lot of the points you made, but the being bald statement was a very ignorant statement to make. There are tons of mainstream artists who are bald lol

One thing I don't agree with is age. Even though Hopsin is 28, he acts like a 17 year old so therefore he appeals to younger people a lot more.

And the title is a little too much. I guess having thousands and thousands of loyal fans and being able to buy your parents a new house means you failed nowadays?
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member
http://www.infgang.com

Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 19:57
2 Chainz is like 38 years old and he's bigger than ever before.

Your arguments are invalid.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 20:55
BabySmacker wrote:>implying hopsin wants mainstream fame anymore
this. OP still lives in 2006 and thinks hopsin is still signed with ruthless.
Frankie
Administrator
https://twitter.com/HopsinForums

Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 21:28
You're still trying, Technician? Jay-Z
King
King
Registered Member

Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 0:56

Ok now tell me the age he was when he broke out and I'll let you know how your whole post backfired.

EDIT: Oh crap Frankie why did you ban him so fast :(
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 1:26
Frankie wrote:You're still trying, Technician? Jay-Z
Lol isn't this like his 12th account?
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 3:10
Essence wrote:
Frankie wrote:You're still trying, Technician? Jay-Z
Lol isn't this like his 12th account?

1200th.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 3:19
He'd probably leak his own mother's music if he had the chance.
King
King
Registered Member

Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 3:24
To think technician had the power to shut this down at one point smh.
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 8:39
968, 052 likes on Facebook.
Hopsin is famous, but just not in the topping the billboard sense.
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Sun 14 Jul 2013 - 7:09
King wrote:To think technician had the power to shut this down at one point smh.
I don't get that deal.
All I know is about the song he leaked. But what really happened? All I think I know is he's the reason the domain switched from HopsinForums to FunkVolumeForums I think...
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Sun 14 Jul 2013 - 9:22
the long story short is that Technician is a flaming faggot
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Sun 14 Jul 2013 - 10:46
But whats the long story?