You are not connected. Please login or register

Hopsin or Earl Sweatshirt?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Hopsin or Earl Sweatshirt? on 14/5/2013, 8:43 am

AlwaysRaw

News Poster
Essence wrote:
Coolguy 127 wrote:Even if a person may have really good lyrics, if he has a really boring flow which sounsds like he's just talking or something, then I'd probably not listen to him again. Except if someone is a lyrical GENIUS, but had an okay flow, I'd definitely listen to them. And Earl just doesn't really seem like a lyrical GENIUS to me. But he still is a good at lyrics I'll give him that.
Earl's flow isn't even bad or boring, you just don't like it. It's his style. Just like SwizZz once you get used to him he is good.
Hahah yea I don't think anyone of us can like SwizZz and then bash someone elses flow or voice!

27 Re: Hopsin or Earl Sweatshirt? on 14/5/2013, 9:57 am

crowe777

Registered Member
The beats though... Alright who has better choice of beats, wayne or nas... Wayne has catchier beats but nas has the lyrics...

28 Re: Hopsin or Earl Sweatshirt? on 14/5/2013, 10:42 am

King

Registered Member
-_-

Rappers aren't one dimensional, a rapper does not only consist of flow and lyrics.

Is a flashlight stronger than a lighthouse because the light is more precise?

29 Re: Hopsin or Earl Sweatshirt? on 14/5/2013, 11:49 am

tyler3996

Registered Member
hopsin because of his punchlines and multis. Earls good too though

30 Re: Hopsin or Earl Sweatshirt? on 14/5/2013, 12:23 pm

Coolguy 127

Registered Member
HopSin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Earl Sweatshirt

Let's just leave it with that.

31 Re: Hopsin or Earl Sweatshirt? on 14/5/2013, 8:52 pm

Perfect Stranger

News Poster
Coolguy 127 wrote:Even if a person may have really good lyrics, if he has a really boring flow which sounds like he's just talking or something, then I'd probably not listen to him again. Except if someone is a lyrical GENIUS, but had an okay flow, I'd definitely listen to them. And Earl just doesn't really seem like a lyrical GENIUS to me. But he still is a good at lyrics I'll give him that.

I think you're misunderstanding the nature of both Earl's - & Tyler's - deliveries.
Both are supposed to sound analytical with shocking lyrics that follow it - hence the talking style.
It's kinda like what Snoop did on Doggystyle but his voice is a lot more laidback and smooth.
Earl is far more poetic than Hopsin, and is probably more diverse in content - in comparison to what Hop's been releasing lately.
Personally, I relate to Hopsin more but can still appreciate Earl's body of work.
What is the point of comparing too uniquely different MC's?

32 Re: Hopsin or Earl Sweatshirt? on 15/5/2013, 9:24 am

Essence

Registered Member
Coolguy 127 wrote:HopSin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Earl Sweatshirt

Let's just leave it with that.

Haha. You know you can't back yourself up. All of your points make absolutely no sense.

33 Re: Hopsin or Earl Sweatshirt? on 16/5/2013, 4:04 pm

MaleficForm

Registered Member
I'm not sure actually. I want to go with Earl, but I listen to Hopsin more. I think Earl is better as far as flow goes (not that Hopsin can't rap his ass off when he wants to), but most of his new material doesn't really have a story to it (besides Chum). Hopsin really knows how to create a scene in your head, which Earl only manages to do on a few tracks. They both have their pros and cons, but when it gets down to it all they're two pretty different MC's I highly enjoy. I'll make my final decision when Earl drops "Doris" and Hop drops KM.

http://MaleficForm.tk

34 Re: Hopsin or Earl Sweatshirt? on 16/5/2013, 4:07 pm

Coolguy 127

Registered Member
MaleficForm wrote:I'll make my final decision when Earl drops "Doris" and Hop drops KM.
Hop has been working his ass off for a very long time and has been trying to perfect all his songs, so you could expect Knock Madness to demolish Doris easily.

35 Re: Hopsin or Earl Sweatshirt? on 17/5/2013, 4:59 am

crowe777

Registered Member
Hey what does the percent bar mean? Derp, also, Earl has been working on doris since the start of 2011

36 Re: Hopsin or Earl Sweatshirt? on 17/5/2013, 5:16 am

Coolguy 127

Registered Member
crowe777 wrote:Hey what does the percent bar mean?

http://www.funkvolumeforums.com/t3429-warning-and-ban-system-updated

37 Re: Hopsin or Earl Sweatshirt? on 17/5/2013, 8:55 am

AlwaysRaw

News Poster
Coolguy 127 wrote:
MaleficForm wrote:I'll make my final decision when Earl drops "Doris" and Hop drops KM.
Hop has been working his ass off for a very long time and has been trying to perfect all his songs, so you could expect Knock Madness to demolish Doris easily.
Yea so I guess you think Earl on the other hand isn't putting in effort into his album

38 Re: Hopsin or Earl Sweatshirt? on 17/5/2013, 9:31 am

Coolguy 127

Registered Member
AlwaysRaw wrote:
Coolguy 127 wrote:
Yea so I guess you think Earl on the other hand isn't putting in effort into his album
He probably is, but not as much as Hop. Hop is a perfectionist just like Dre, which is why the album is taking so long, and Hop had also said that he wants Knock Madness to go down as one of the most legendary hip hop albums of all time. So it's obvious he'll have to put in a lot of effort into this album.

39 Re: Hopsin or Earl Sweatshirt? on 17/5/2013, 9:55 am

AlwaysRaw

News Poster
Coolguy 127 wrote:
AlwaysRaw wrote:
Coolguy 127 wrote:
He probably is, but not as much as Hop. Hop is a perfectionist just like Dre, which is why the album is taking so long, and Hop had also said that he wants Knock Madness to go down as one of the most legendary hip hop albums of all time. So it's obvious he'll have to put in a lot of effort into this album.
You do have a point but I still like fucking with you

40 Re: Hopsin or Earl Sweatshirt? on 17/5/2013, 4:56 pm

Perfect Stranger

News Poster
I don't think you have too wait for KM, Raw should be enough in terms of Hopsin's music.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum