Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funk Volume Don't Funk Up Our Beats Contest 5

+18
AlwaysRaw
SdoubleT
semaj116
fxtdiilz
Buddie
Nidac_7
Joelletjuh
Jeet
iSigh
King
41OMaXiMuS
Katz Inf Gang
STRANGEgenius
Perfect Stranger
Essence
Chokey
Coolguy 127
22 posters
Go down
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Funk Volume Don't Funk Up Our Beats Contest 5 Empty Funk Volume Don't Funk Up Our Beats Contest 5

Mon 11 Feb 2013 - 23:53

I've never seen SwizZz with long hair before. He looks so fucking different. Plus my headphone volume was high, so when swizzz screamed i got scared.

Jarren obviously went in.

Last edited by Coolguy 127 on Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 1:15; edited 1 time in total
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Funk Volume Don't Funk Up Our Beats Contest 5 Empty Re: Funk Volume Don't Funk Up Our Beats Contest 5

Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 0:36
sucks that it costs 7.99$. its cheap no doubt but why? do they really need it?
I think its awesome they do it. And I have a lot of respect for FV and this project they do every year. But why did SwizZz get a donald glover haircut lmao?
Jarren did his shit.

and we must hope for jokerr he will win this year Hopsin 3
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Funk Volume Don't Funk Up Our Beats Contest 5 Empty Re: Funk Volume Don't Funk Up Our Beats Contest 5

Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 2:01
I already wrote some dope rhymes for this.

I am cool
I go to school
I'm no fool
Cause I have a cat
His name is Matt
He is very fat
He gave him a pat
Then he sat
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 2:22
Emblem wrote:I already wrote some dope rhymes for this.

I am cool
I go to school
I'm no fool
Cause I have a cat
His name is Matt
He is very fat
He gave him a pat
Then he sat

Nigga that's some next shit. Definitely a club banger.
Registered Member

Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 2:51

I am cool
I go to school
I'm no fool
Cause I have a cat
His name is Matt
He is very fat
He gave him a pat
Then he sat

You need to record that shit bro. Need something to bump in the whip nawmean?
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 7:43

I am cool
I go to school
I'm no fool
Cause I have a cat
His name is Matt
He is very fat
He gave him a pat
Then he sat

I had to read that several times before I understood the complexity of that rhyme!
Wow, man. Canibus ain't got shit on you!

On a serious note, I'm considering entering this if I can get some good recording equipment.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 9:02
paying for a beat?

nahh go fuck yourselves. Greedy cunts.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 11:30
I go to school
I dont drink
I dont smoke
I am a christian
(repeat 4x)

post on hopsins facebook
win contest
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 13:17
i love god
i play cod
ill mind 5 proves hopsin is god
maybe he will let me vs him in cod

# Barsssssssssss
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member
http://www.infgang.com

Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 19:26
STRANGEgenius wrote:paying for a beat?

this is exactly what's wrong with "rappers" these days.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 20:20
Katz Inf Gang wrote:

STRANGEgenius is not a rapper. But I'd seriously like to know... how can you justify FV charging people to enter an online rap contest that already benefits them in numerous ways?
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 21:51
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
Katz Inf Gang wrote:

STRANGEgenius is not a rapper. But I'd seriously like to know... how can you justify FV charging people to enter an online rap contest that already benefits them in numerous ways?
after a year of tours, tours, dizzy album, hop madness, tours, tours, imoh5, tours, dizzy ep, tours... how the fuck can is it possible for them to not have made enough money? besides dizzy they made NOTHING last year. FV having good times. fuck their new buisness strategy.
King
King
Registered Member

Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 22:09
Honesty at first thought you would think that you are paying for the beats just to pay for them.. then if you think about it this is actually a good thing because people that are more serious about it will enter, plus there has to be a way to keep the population down haha. In the long run this could benefit the future of FV contests as well.

Now all they need is some more respected judges so they can all come to a precise agreement, I know people will always complain but it's not about the complaining it's about how you back up you choices with valid arguments.
iSigh
iSigh
Registered Member

Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 22:11
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
Katz Inf Gang wrote:

I think it's retarded that they are charging. Maybe they don't want to put up any of their money for the prizes, so they're making the contestants pay for the winners.
Another possibility is that they are lazy and are actually trying to discourage people who aren't as serious, so they don't have to listen to the Internets wackest rappers.
King
King
Registered Member

Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 22:16
Other 5
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member

Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 9:32
it's $8 to enter a contest that allows you to win $2500....

are people really THAT dense to act like this shit is fucked up? In the bay they have "rap contests" every month that cost $500 to get into, with a chance to win $2500.

In the past they used the contest to help build the FV name, but now the amount of time and effort put into this doesn't pay out for them like it used to. They need to make money to cover the higher prize money, the amount of time spent on producing the video to promote the contest, the amount of time used to judge the contest and not to mention to pay the producers that created the beats that everyone is going to be rapping on. Once you add all that up, i highly doubt that any ONE person involved will be seeing much money.

but hey, $7.99 is ridiculous.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 9:58
iSigh wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
Katz Inf Gang wrote:

I think it's retarded that they are charging. Maybe they don't want to put up any of their money for the prizes, so they're making the contestants pay for the winners.
Another possibility is that they are lazy and are actually trying to discourage people who aren't as serious, so they don't have to listen to the Internets wackest rappers.
Yeah but the public listen to the entries and their votes are tallied to decide the top 25. FV don't listen to every entry (only the top 25) so that reason isn't really valid.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 15:15
Katz Inf Gang wrote:it's $8 to enter a contest that allows you to win $2500....

are people really THAT dense to act like this shit is fucked up? In the bay they have "rap contests" every month that cost $500 to get into, with a chance to win $2500.

In the past they used the contest to help build the FV name, but now the amount of time and effort put into this doesn't pay out for them like it used to. They need to make money to cover the higher prize money, the amount of time spent on producing the video to promote the contest, the amount of time used to judge the contest and not to mention to pay the producers that created the beats that everyone is going to be rapping on. Once you add all that up, i highly doubt that any ONE person involved will be seeing much money.

It's not about being dense. And it's certainly not about the amount they are asking for. It's simply a matter of principle. FV is becoming greedy. And your kidding yourself if you don't think these contests benefit FV and the producers in a huge way.
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 20:44
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

It's not about being dense. And it's certainly not about the amount they are asking for. It's simply a matter of principle. FV is becoming greedy. And your kidding yourself if you don't think these contests benefit FV and the producers in a huge way.

Greed may or may not be a factor, however this is beneficial to the contest itself as a whole. It's not a one sided issue, no one is forcing anyone to buy anything. You buy a beat if you think it's worth it yourself. You are basically paying for a beat to make a song with that will gain extra viewers or potential fans.

I know this guy as great as he is wouldn't pay for this contest. Wink
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 20:48
GOAT entry TBH. Haha.

But on a serious note… You don’t think kids like this will just ask to borrow a few bucks from their parents? I think they will. I have a feeling there will still be tons of shitty “rappers” entering the contest.
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 20:56
41OMaXiMuS wrote:GOAT entry TBH. Haha.

But on a serious note… You don’t think kids like this will just ask to borrow a few bucks from their parents? I think they will. I have a feeling there will still be tons of shitty “rappers” entering the contest.

Oh yeah definitely, but there will be a noticeable reduction.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 20:59
King wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:GOAT entry TBH. Haha.

Oh yeah definitely, but there will be a noticeable reduction.

I know a girl that got breast reductions SwizZz 2

And yes that is entirely relevant to this discussion.

Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member

Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 21:16
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

Basically it used to be free and you believe it should always be free because of that? That's retarded. Hopsin also used to do free collabs, should he be doing that now? Should he give out free beats to everyone that wants one? Should Apple giveaway computers at cost because they don't need anymore money?

I will never comprehend the modern day internet state of mind that artists/labels making ANY money is "selling out". I've had people tell me that having ads on my youtube videos is selling out *smh*

And feel free to do a survey and see how many FV fans found out about them thru the contest. I'd assume it's FAR less than the people that found them thru the Ill Mind videos which take WAY less time and energy to create.
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 21:22
Katz Inf Gang wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

Basically it used to be free and you believe it should always be free because of that? That's retarded. Hopsin also used to do free collabs, should he be doing that now? Should he give out free beats to everyone that wants one? Should Apple giveaway computers at cost because they don't need anymore money?

I will never comprehend the modern day internet state of mind that artists/labels making ANY money is "selling out". I've had people tell me that having ads on my youtube videos is selling out *smh*

And feel free to do a survey and see how many FV fans found out about them thru the contest. I'd assume it's FAR less than the people that found them thru the Ill Mind videos which take WAY less time and energy to create.

You're right in a way but he knows a girl who got breast reduction.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 21:37
Breast reduction TBH
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum