Hopsin Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Getting a laptop! Need help

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Getting a laptop! Need help Empty Getting a laptop! Need help on 4/11/2012, 3:53 pm

Royalty

Royalty
Registered Member
I'm about to buy my first laptop and i need suggestions on what to get. I don't really have much money so i need something around 500 dollars. I want it mainly for fruit loops and sony vegas pro.

2Getting a laptop! Need help Empty Re: Getting a laptop! Need help on 4/11/2012, 4:17 pm

Buddie

Buddie
Registered Member
All I know is.. stay away from Acer. They suck.

3Getting a laptop! Need help Empty Re: Getting a laptop! Need help on 4/11/2012, 4:21 pm

Mr.EasyBB

Mr.EasyBB
Registered Member
If you gon use fruity loops and sony vegas pro well for $500 you aint getting no where. Unless you do the following.

Sony Vegas is going to take alot of requirements, check up on that first. Check the Video Card requirements, the Ram it needs, and the Storage capacity.

Then do the same for fruity loops!

Once that is said and done, if you meet some of the requirements such as video card and Ram. You good, even if it a $300 laptop. So say you get one for 300 go buy yourself an external hard drive 1TB in size, and use this mainly for your FLstudio and SVPro, because with FL Studios, you have all your tracks that are split, plus you will need some updates for it. 1TB is a nice size for i believe $150. here is one for a nice price

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Compaq-15.6-Presario-CQ57-Laptop-PC-with-Windows-7-Home-Premium-bundled-w-case-and-USB-Drive-with-Windows-8-Pro-Upgrade-Option/20510725

Good ram power, windows 7, and video card is decent.

4Getting a laptop! Need help Empty Re: Getting a laptop! Need help on 17/11/2012, 9:46 pm

Royalty

Royalty
Registered Member
What if i get a desktop instead seeing as i could get something better for that price.

5Getting a laptop! Need help Empty Re: Getting a laptop! Need help on 17/11/2012, 10:19 pm

dukeblue

dukeblue
Registered Member
@Royalty wrote:What if i get a desktop instead seeing as i could get something better for that price.

If you don't mind loosing the mobility, your right it would be a much better and cheaper decision.

6Getting a laptop! Need help Empty Re: Getting a laptop! Need help on 17/11/2012, 11:53 pm

Chokey

Chokey
Registered Member
@Buddie wrote:All I know is.. stay away from Acer. They suck.
I would rage but then I remembered my Acer actually sucks and Im on my HP right now. Other 1

7Getting a laptop! Need help Empty Re: Getting a laptop! Need help on 18/11/2012, 6:37 am

Mr.EasyBB

Mr.EasyBB
Registered Member
Well to be perfectly honest Royalty, either way you should check the parameters requirements for each software. Do your bidding from there, and get yourself a 1TB external harddrive trust me. FL studios has those vSTI's that take up alot of space, I have over a thousand on my computer. If I had money right now I'd go and get a tb ex hd.

Seriously take my advice, cheap laptop that has good ram and processor. With an external will actually kill, I had a laptop that I bought for $200, not alot of ram so I upgraded it. Bought an external and it beat my friends $1000 laptop in speed and performance after that.

Heed the advice man

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum