Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Knightmare
Knightmare
Registered Member

Mayhem Night! by The Jokerr (Album Review) (Contest Entry) Empty Mayhem Night! by The Jokerr (Album Review) (Contest Entry)

Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 22:40
This is my contest entry thing. I know I'm no gonna be a part of the team (look at the album I chose) But, I had some spare time, So here it is! (P.S. Thanks Buddie for introducing me to The Jokerr)

1. Bunny In The Woods - This track is a fun sing-along song about a violent tale with a bunny. Very great way to open the spectacle that awaits. (I won rate an intro.)

2. This Mayhem - A singing-like track, This track is sounds dark and ominous, and also violent and demonized. Entertaining track. (8/10)

3 Slap Happy - The Jokerr raps about slapping peple in many creative ways. A very funny and entertaining song. The chorus is simple but gets stuck in your headafter hearing the song more than once. (9/10)

4. Suicide Lullaby - The closest thing to hororcore The Jokerr has ever made. I like this track, But it is probably my least favorite track. (I have argued with myself for so long about this rating. 7.9/10)

5. There With You - My personal favorite song on this album, There With You is a singing track that tells the tale of a man searching for the woman he loves and he will go to any lengths to be there with her. (10/10)

6. Press One (Skit) - A funny but simple skit about voicemails. It is very funny, It serves as a glimmer of light after There With You.

7. Here We Go - This song is a simple track, But is very favorable. He just raps about whatever he wishes and he does it well. The chorus is very catchy. The last verse serves as a subliminal diss to GrewSum and it is done amazingly. (9/10)

8. I'm GrewSum - Amazing track, After hearing it once the listener will mostly have the bridge stuck in their head for quite a while. It serves as a diss to GrewSum (And is the best diss in the scuffle they had). The chorus isn't as catchy as the usual Jokerr choruses but really this song is a masterpiece. (9.5/10)

9. On The Concrete - An amazing song, it really explains itself. The chorus is very catchy, the verses tell a story that really paints a picture and perfectly shows Jokerr's powers of catharsis. (10/10)

10. I Won't Say Sorry - A great song about who the real best rapper is (I'll give you a hint, "He's 6'2 with a big J on his chest"). He really rhymes well on this song, Chorus gets stuck in your head and he uses punchlines that are better then anything 95% of rappers could make. (9/10)

11. Turn Against Me - This is mainly a singing track speakin on how h has been betrayed several times in the past. It is one of my favorite songs on this album, verses are spot on and chorus gets stuck in your head in an instant. (10/10)

Overall, This album was one of the greatest I've heard. Listening to it really makes you want to listen to more of The Jokerr. It really is a masterpiece. The only problem is it is only 11 tracks. Still 9.5/10 in my book.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mayhem Night! by The Jokerr (Album Review) (Contest Entry) Empty Re: Mayhem Night! by The Jokerr (Album Review) (Contest Entry)

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 0:49
No problem man! I had no idea I got you into him lol

As for the review, it's really good! Suicide Lullaby is a 6.5 in my book. One of the worst songs he's ever made. It's just really rough on the ears overall. The chorus is solid, but I just can't stand the song for some reason. There With You, On The Concrete, and Turn Against Me are my favorite songs on this album.

Hopefully Sing Aithen, Sing will be as good as this album. Only a few more days pal!
Knightmare
Knightmare
Registered Member

Mayhem Night! by The Jokerr (Album Review) (Contest Entry) Empty Re: Mayhem Night! by The Jokerr (Album Review) (Contest Entry)

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 1:26
Buddie wrote:No problem man! I had no idea I got you into him lol

As for the review, it's really good! Suicide Lullaby is a 6.5 in my book. One of the worst songs he's ever made. It's just really rough on the ears overall. The chorus is solid, but I just can't stand the song for some reason. There With You, On The Concrete, and Turn Against Me are my favorite songs on this album.

Hopefully Sing Aithen, Sing will be as good as this album. Only a few more days pal!
Yeah.. On HopsinForums.com I said I knew a little by him then you told me to check this album out.. I wanted to give Suicide Lullaby a 7.5 but it felt like I deserved mor ein some aspects but less in some also.. And my favorite are Thre with You, On The Concrete and Turn Against Me also. Thanks, BTW.

EDIT: yes, 4 days til Sing, Aithen, Sing. I didn't buy it though.. I Pre-Ordered TOD though. 5 albums in 4 months, since the delay of TOD.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 2:22
The Event wrote:

Yeah.. On HopsinForums.com I said I knew a little by him then you told me to check this album out.. I wanted to give Suicide Lullaby a 7.5 but it felt like I deserved mor ein some aspects but less in some also.. And my favorite are Thre with You, On The Concrete and Turn Against Me also. Thanks, BTW.

EDIT: yes, 4 days til Sing, Aithen, Sing. I didn't buy it though.. I Pre-Ordered TOD though. 5 albums in 4 months, since the delay of TOD.

Oh okay I think I remember now lol. You and I seem to have similar taste in music. I'm glad to have helped you out!

And I pre-ordered bothMayhem Night! by The Jokerr (Album Review) (Contest Entry) Jimdatazz
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 2:48
why wouldn't you win the contest for choosing this album?

we don't care which album you choose.

Remember i ain't the only one judging.
Knightmare
Knightmare
Registered Member

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 4:59
Buddie wrote:
The Event wrote:

Oh okay I think I remember now lol. You and I seem to have similar taste in music. I'm glad to have helped you out!

And I pre-ordered bothMayhem Night! by The Jokerr (Album Review) (Contest Entry) Jimdatazz
I've realized that also. Ha. And @Strange, There aren't many J to the O fans on here. lol.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum