Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Tech N9ne - K.O.D. (Album Review) Empty Tech N9ne - K.O.D. (Album Review)

Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 16:46
"K.O.D. (King of Darkness) is the tenth studio album by rapper Tech N9ne, released on October 26, 2009."

Before I start this off, I would just like to say that this is my favorite Tech N9ne album of all time and I don't think he will ever make an album as good as this one. If I had to describe this album in word, it would be "dark". That's the best word to describe this album. For this review, I will be grading each track (Not including skits) and I will write why I gave it the grade in a few sentences. Enjoy!

1. Show Me a God: This is the first song on the album and just shows how angry Tech was at this point in his career. His mother was going through a terrible illness and this song just expresses why he's so mad at God for not helping her. (9/10)

2. Demons: This song is a very well done track and the production and chorus are just great. (9/10)

3. Blackened The Sun: This is another dark track on Tech's album and displays how emotional Tech was when creating this album. (8.5/10)

4. Strange Music Box: This is one of my favorite songs and the album and the chorus is great. Everyone on this track killed it, but I think Brotha Lynch Hung did the best job on this song. (9.5/10)

5. Check Yo Temperature: This is the worst song on the album IMO. I never really cared for it and always thought it sounded out of place. This song starts off the part of the album that I don't particularly care for. (6/10)

6. B. Boy: I'm not sure if Tech was trying to go for a club banger with this song or not, but it fell short of being a good song IMO. The chorus is aggravating and the verses are just okay. I think this and Check Yo Temperature should have been left off the album. I just think they are major filler songs. (7/10)

7. Hunterish: This song is better than the previous two tracks, but still falls short of being one of those memorable songs on the album. It's still a solid song, but nothing that will blow you away. (7.5)

8. In The Trunk: This is where the album starts getting good again. This is one of my favorite songs on the album and I was blown away the first time I heard it. Awesome song all together. (10/10)

9. Pinocchiho: This song is great and shows the crazier side of Tech. The only complaint I have with this song is it is too short. (9.5/10)

10. Horns: This song is a very good song. It's not one of my favorites, but it's a nice song. (8.5/10)

11. It Was An Accident: This is one of the darkest tracks on the album and is also one of my favorites. The verses are great and Tech does a great job telling his twisted story in this classic Tech song. This is the point in the album where the songs start getting really good. (10/10)

12. Shadows On The Road: This song is very well done and the chorus is on point. The verses by Tech are also very good. (9.5/10)

13. Low: This is a beautiful piece of work and one of my favorite Tech songs ever. There's really nothing else I have to say about this song other than it is truly great and shows Tech's true emotional ability as an MC. (10/10)

14. Killing You: This is another one of my favorite songs in the album and the chorus is one of the best Tech has ever done. "Why can't you see me for the animal I am?" (10/10)

15. Leave Me Alone: Great song and an even better hook by Krizz Kaliko. This is an extremely beautiful song. (10/10)

16. K.O.D.: When I first heard this song, I didn't know what to think. It was a very wierd feeling for me, but this song is an absolutely great song and every Tech fan should have this in their Top 25 Tech songs. (10/10)

17. The Martini: Not one of my favorite songs on the album, but it is still a good song. (8/10)

Bonus Tracks:

18. F.U.N. (Fuck You Niggas): This is one of my favorite choruses on the album by Tech and is a really great, aggressive song. (9.5/10)

19. Like I Died: A pretty good song and should have taken the place of one of the filler tracks on the album. (8/10)

Overall Grade: 9.5/10

Even though the filler tracks weigh the album down a little, this is still a great piece of work and one of my favorite albums to ever be made. Tech sure did outdo himself with this album.

Last edited by Buddie on Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 3:08; edited 2 times in total
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Tech N9ne - K.O.D. (Album Review) Empty Re: Tech N9ne - K.O.D. (Album Review)

Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 18:43
inb4 StrangeGenius "10/10 best words ever coming out of Techs dick".
Gon listen the album through before really give respons. To many albums and songs from tech cant really remember any other than everready(the religion).
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 18:47
Chokey wrote:inb4 StrangeGenius "10/10 best words ever coming out of Techs dick".
Gon listen the album through before really give respons. To many albums and songs from tech cant really remember any other than everready(the religion).

The album has great songs on it and some of the best Tech has ever done, but after re-listening to the album, the filler tracks just really prevent me from giving it a 10/10.
King
King
Registered Member

Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 20:32
I give it a 8.5/10 a couple of the songs are excellent and the rest a good for being fillers.

Demons is my favorite song on it. I LOVE the instrumental simple but amazing, the chorus goes hard and the verses were dope.

Low comes close the verses were deep and showed a lot of the emotional side of tech n9ne but that chorus annoys the hell out of me for some reason, could of done something a lot better to compliment that beat.
Knightmare
Knightmare
Registered Member

Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 22:00
I almost agree with every wod of this review. Great job! I woul have rated it 8.5 like King said. And The Martini is my favorite song on it.. Great album and great review! (Surprised Strange didn't object lol.)
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 22:03
The Event wrote:I almost agree with every wod of this review. Great job! I woul have rated it 8.5 like King said. And The Martini is my favorite song on it.. Great album and great review! (Surprised Strange didn't object lol.)

Yeah I thought about giving it a 9/10, but then I listened to songs like "Low" and "K.O.D." There's no way I could give my favorite Tech album any lower of a grade then a 9.5 lol

And I really don't see how Strange can disagree with the rating. A 9.5 is an almost perfect rating. He knows that Tech has a lot of filler songs on his albums, so I'm sure he'll understand where I'm coming from.
Knightmare
Knightmare
Registered Member

Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 22:37
Buddie wrote:
The Event wrote:I almost agree with every wod of this review. Great job! I woul have rated it 8.5 like King said. And The Martini is my favorite song on it.. Great album and great review! (Surprised Strange didn't object lol.)

Yeah I thought about giving it a 9/10, but then I listened to songs like "Low" and "K.O.D." There's no way I could give my favorite Tech album any lower of a grade then a 9.5 lol

And I really don't see how Strange can disagree with the rating. A 9.5 is an almost perfect rating. He knows that Tech has a lot of filler songs on his albums, so I'm sure he'll understand where I'm coming from.
I'm surprised he didn't object to you doing a review before he did lol. (I was kidding)
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 22:52
lol guys, i'm not gonna bash him for his review.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 0:43
STRANGEgenius wrote:lol guys, i'm not gonna bash him for his review.

I'd still like to hear your review for this Hopsin 2
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 2:53
Buddie wrote:

its 10/10 for me, lol.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 2:57
STRANGEgenius wrote:
Buddie wrote:

its 10/10 for me, lol.

Hopsin 5 Do you at least agree that Check Yo Temperature was a bad song?
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 3:01
Buddie wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:
Buddie wrote:

its 10/10 for me, lol.

no i fucking love that song.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 3:07
STRANGEgenius wrote:
Buddie wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:
Buddie wrote:

its 10/10 for me, lol.

no i fucking love that song.

So are there any songs on this album you don't like?
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 4:08
not really, i usually skip Shadows tho
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 5:41
Strangegenius what would you rate this song?

Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member
http://www.infgang.com

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 6:18
Check Yo Temperature is easily the worst song on the album.

Demons would be 100x better if it didn't feature 3 6 Mafia...they ruined it for me. I skip to the next track once it gets to them.

K.O.D. is currently my favorite Tech album.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 6:20
2/10
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 10:51
I personally think Everready is Techs best album but this is great too. But IMO its 7/10.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 10:52
Chokey wrote:I personally think Everready is Techs best album but this is great too. But IMO its 7/10.

if Tech used his bonus tracks for some of the fillers than yes.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 11:24
STRANGEgenius wrote:
Chokey wrote:I personally think Everready is Techs best album but this is great too. But IMO its 7/10.

35 songs over 2 CDs one 1 album is impossible to make without any fillers. But most of the songs are great IMO and its first on the 2nd CD it starts to get full of fillers. But its a individual opinion. But mine's still the best Hopsin 3
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 12:01
Chokey wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:

35 songs over 2 CDs one 1 album is impossible to make without any fillers. But most of the songs are great IMO and its first on the 2nd CD it starts to get full of fillers. But its a individual opinion. But mine's still the best Hopsin 3

2nd cd is actually not part of the album, its just bonus tracks and songs from the Strange squad.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 12:05
STRANGEgenius wrote:
Chokey wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:

2nd cd is actually not part of the album, its just bonus tracks and songs from the Strange squad.
Oh didn't know. But I still think it's his best album.
Mark us
Mark us
Registered Member

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 14:21
It's not easy to say, but my favorite Tech album would probably be "Killer". But you can say from "Calm before the storm" till now Tech has not become worse. Actually I like his newer stuff better. Im surprised that nobody says "Anghellic" or "Absolute Power" was his best stuff.
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/JustAUserHandle

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 15:46
[quote="Mark us" Im surprised that nobody says "Anghellic" or "Absolute Power" was his best stuff.[/quote]

I do.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 16:04
Mark us wrote:It's not easy to say, but my favorite Tech album would probably be "Killer". But you can say from "Calm before the storm" till now Tech has not become worse. Actually I like his newer stuff better. Im surprised that nobody says "Anghellic" or "Absolute Power" was his best stuff.

Killer is a good album, but it has way to many fillers IMO.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum