Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

JL of B. Hood "Brain Scatter" Album Review Empty JL of B. Hood "Brain Scatter" Album Review

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 3:41
JL of B. Hood “Brain Scatter” Review

JL of B. Hood "Brain Scatter" Album Review 48411610

Until now,
I had been completely oblivious to JL’s or B Hood for that matters music up until now.
I’d heard them on another song but in ignorance ignored the talent at that moment.
People are always quick to say “oh, man, your missing out” and then I go check out the artist they talking about and they suck donkey dick.

Whereas, JL from the first song “Sporadic Brain Matter” shows that he’s an undeniable lyricist who gives quiet a few people who feature later on to this CD a run for there money, this is on some bravado which I usually shrug at because so many rappers do songs like this but very few can execute them as well as this one.
Also, as soon as I pressed play, JL’s voice erupted from the speakers and it occurred too me that this dude sounds a lot like Brotha Lynch Hung, possibly a bit of Lynch influence in his style?

“Don’t Say You Love Me” is a song with Kansas City King Tech N9ne, for all he motherfuckers that don’t take MC’s - let alone people - at face value and can’t look behind the glamor too find the real human being so to speak, yet people want to go behind there back when critiquing them rather than saying it to there face, it’s the story of those people we all know, who put on a front but when you turn around there a completely different person.
Snake in the grass…

Further on there’s a joint, “Perfect Time” featuring Adrian Truth, that has a more laid back, G Funky R&B vibe to it and of course with that comes to a dedicated to that special lady in JL’s life.

JL and Irv Da Phenom go in on the next one, “Hustle and Flow”, where both MC’s chop it up with a shout out too there fellow artists who are down with the movement, while trading deserving boast over an eventful soundscape, continuing to grind it out until the last second.
Unfortunately, JL falls victim too the typical gangsta clichés on, “Ready”, which I ended up skipping due too the generic rhymes and poppy sounding beat.

On this next cut, Strange Music representative Kutt Calhoun and one of JL’s B Hood cohorts Vi Royal speak on “snakes in the grass and rats on the road” on the “Art of Envy”, that portrays detractors who feed off jealously in an attempt to bring them down through an almost pathetic envy.

“UnPlug” is a surprisingly introspective song where JL spits bars about how social media has greatly affected our society, not only in a good way but has ruined so many peoples lives and caused loneliness, depression & hurt.
We’re convinced that everything we do is private and all our information is protected on time.
JL’s probably the first artist how I’ve actually heard make a full song about such a big issue an in such a phenomenal way that deserves mad props, Bre the 1st Lady puts the icing on the cake when crooning the hook.

“Crazy” is a paranoid anthem for all that anxious people or just the straight up stoners, doubts fills JL’s rhymes as he tears each word a new arsehole, crawling down the ambient like symphony instrumental, accompanying his anxiety induced thoughts.

“Do You Believe” features JL and Reach analyzing conspiracies, from UFO’s to The Holy Coorong, questioning absolutely anything and everything that people conspire about, whether its completely far fetched or well grounded reasoning, they ask…DO YOU BELIEVE?

“Diamonds” is a good example of a song that the title may deceive you, I thought it was going to be some sort of “get money” bullshit anthem but the want happen on JL’s watch, smashing the expectations of both supporters and doubters have for him and the life of a successful rapper with a tight beat and a soulful voice to follow his hard hitting lyrics, this one is a certified banger.

“Lose it All” has got a humble vibe with JL reflecting on the fact he has been blessed with gifts but all the success could crumble at anytime from mistakes both he and Zoo of B. Hood who lay down verses that are both equally honest, with Bre the 1st Lady’s voice sounding off in the back round.
The finally track, “Let Go”, is a big look back at the past for JL, considering if he hadn’t made a decision he wouldn’t been in a position that he is, doing what he loves and enjoying himself like he is.
Actions speak louder than words.

8/10 – JL thrives with potential, which at sometimes falters but more often than not JL shows passion that not many artist display this day.
As JL strides forward further onto the road of success, he may not be able to guarantee all his dreams but he can guarantee one thing:
He just gained another fan.

Last edited by Perfect Stranger on Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 5:18; edited 2 times in total
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

JL of B. Hood "Brain Scatter" Album Review Empty Re: JL of B. Hood "Brain Scatter" Album Review

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 4:56
Not gonna bother with grammatical errors because this thread's already been done
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

JL of B. Hood "Brain Scatter" Album Review Empty Yeah...

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 4:58
Sorry, I wrote it in a rush, I've corrected a few but it's readable...

Last edited by Perfect Stranger on Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 5:08; edited 1 time in total
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

JL of B. Hood "Brain Scatter" Album Review Empty Re: JL of B. Hood "Brain Scatter" Album Review

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 5:00
ChronicIntelligence wrote:Sorry, I wrote it in a rush, I've corrected a few but its readable...
it's*
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 5:09
Jeet wrote:
ChronicIntelligence wrote:Sorry, I wrote it in a rush, I've corrected a few but its readable...
it's*

Brb, fucking killing myself ;)
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 5:15
lmfao just trolling bro Hopsin 3
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 5:20
Lyfe iz confuSEing SwizZz 2
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 5:53
FUCK I THOUGHT SOMEONE CHANGED MY NAME LMAO.

STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 7:48
stuck, nice work bro.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum